British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke Potters

So, today has seen the news that Stoke are going to drop down to the NL next season. I wonder if we will be able to build a competitive team in this league!

Hope so vog, shame lee smart has finished in the nl , well according to the star he has anyway.If plymouth move up there will be a couple of nl riders available there, and bournemouth , weymouth.

I suppose club asset Barrie Evans comes into play! Could be interesting to see who we sign. Plus, it gives NL fans a new track to visit I suppose!

I suppose club asset Barrie Evans comes into play! Could be interesting to see who we sign. Plus, it gives NL fans a new track to visit I suppose!

If the racing is half as good as some of the NL stuff i have seen this year,your in for a treat,i reaaly hope it works out for Stoke

In Malc Vasey you certainly have a guy who knows the NL

If the racing is half as good as some of the NL stuff i have seen this year,your in for a treat,i reaaly hope it works out for Stoke

In Malc Vasey you certainly have a guy who knows the NL

What Malcolm doesn't know about the third level isn't worth knowing. :)

I am sure some Stoke fans might be gutted to be not in Premier League but the racing in National League last season was superb and cant wait to visit stoke again when Buxton visit !

I'm sure Stoke will build a very good NL side for 2011. Whilst I can understand all Stoke supporters disappointment at not being in the PL for 2011, the racing in the NL last season was brilliant. I hope Stoke keep most of their fan base and support a good young side for the Potters to then return to the PL maybe in 2012.

As for potential riders well I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Barrie Evans, Jaimie Pickard and possibly Paul Starke (doubling down) are included. Possibly Ben Hopwood too. Either way I expect Stoke to have a team capable of winning the league.

I think like everybody else does, that stoke will build a great team next year. I think from a supporters perspective, its regarded to be a brilliant racetrack, Mr Vasey knows the NL inside out, & he will definitely build a promising team.

Id imagine most NL riders would want to go their. Wouldn't be surprised if the phone does not stop ringing.

Good luck in the NL next year, hope all you potters fans get behind them next year. For me having watched CL/NL speedway since speedway returned to Newport, IMO last season was the best & most competitive league we have ever had from a viewing perspective.

The amount of improvement shown by a number of riders is the best in years & next year should be even better :approve:

Good to see a sequence of positive postings about this development on this thread.

On the 'matching' one over in the PL section you'd think that the track had closed down such has been the outpouring of grief.

As someone who was involved throughtout the earlier Spitfires period (I did their programme) I can certainly say that CL (as was then) racing at Loomer Rd was always excellent and I'm sure will be in 2011... :approve:

I wonder how many other clubs are going to join the Potters (as one assumes they'll remain...) in the NL though..

As someone who was involved throughtout the earlier Spitfires period (I did their programme)

It's probably quicker to name clubs you havn't been involved in, than the ones you have!

the Potters (as one assumes they'll remain...) in the NL though..

as long as Stoke remains open thats all that really matters, while it's still there they can always step back up , potters or spitfires that is!

I just hope we can build a competitive team. I think one of the problems that we will face is the fact the Spitfires were so under supported, and there is a sense of "Pl Snobbery"...a lot of fans are of the opinion it is PL or nothing. If Stokes team doesn't start winning and quickly, I fear for the club.

Potters/Spitfires v Hitmen!I look forward to it immensely!! :wink:

Edited by bluejam

Potters/Spitfires v Hitmen!I look forward to it immensely!! :wink:

Potters vs Heathens...could also be fun!