Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke Potters

Firstly can you provide me with the figures to back up your claim that the running costs have gone up so much.

Why am i expected to pay a promoter his losses if he cant run his business properly? would you give me your money if i was running a company badly?

The electricity bill i can cover on my own mate, its run on a dodgy generator so a few gallon of red diesel wont break my bank balance. Instead of accusing others of spouting utter rubbish, have a closer look at what you have posted fella. It seems to me you dont know the half of it. And no, im not a speedway nomad, im a Stoke speedway fan only. Home every week, and a few away ones also.

But i like many others are sick of hearing about 3 or 4 year plans than nothing materialises from. Seeing poor teams tracked each season as other clubs with similar crowd levels seem to do ok and compete.

If they actually promoted it instead of expecting folk to turn up anyway, then maybe the losses wouldnt be there.

If its losing so much money, i`ll swap that shiny BMW with private plates on it that the clubs financial director has for my car , that`ll save a few pound on fuel, car tax and insurance and they can put it towards covering their losses, along with your donation.

Perhaps you'd like to make that statement to every other club in British Speedway with the exception of the handful that actually make money.

It also accuses not just Dave Tattum of failing to promote his track but all the others as well.

As I stated in my post, there are many who constantly go on about promoting their tracks and, indeed, offer many suggestions about how to do so and seem to believe that those suggestions would have hundreds flocking back. All of those ideas involve spending money, but not one of those who crow about poor promotion have any intention whatsoever of risking their money but are perfectly happy to tell others to do so.

As is undoubtedly the case, many tracks have wealthy benefactors who pour money in hand over fist to keep the track going and provide more competitive line ups. If Dave Tattum isn't prepared to do that (or, more likely, simply can't afford to do so) why should he ?

Its fair to suggest that Stoke's sides haven't been top of the table contenders (nor even looked like it)for several seasons. The fact is that the lower costs in the NL might just enable him to put out a very decent side indeed and its better to have a chance of being top dog in the NL than perpetually at the bottom in the PL.

As to the BMW, do you expect him to also sell his house and all possessions as well to keep the track going ?

Birmingham, just up the road , getting ready to welcome EL stars, the best in the world, GP riders, every week.

Stoke , looking forward to welcome some 15 year olds trying to ride a bike, or some old hand never made it every week.

Pi$$ poor , hang your head in shame Stoke.

Birmingham, just up the road , getting ready to welcome EL stars, the best in the world, GP riders, every week.

Stoke , looking forward to welcome some 15 year olds trying to ride a bike, or some old hand never made it every week.

Hang your head in shame. I'm guessing from your post that Chris Harris and Scott Nichols fast tracked straight into the EL / GP didn't bother with the CL/NL.

Tina Widman

Edited by Great Central

If Dave Tattum isn't prepared to do that (or, more likely, simply can't afford to do so) why should he ?

He doesnt have to, but i was replying to someone elses post that tells me i must turn up every week. Why should i ?

No doubt you`ll give me the spiel of either turn up or lose it. Well if it goes mate it goes.

Theres plenty of other entertainments in the are i live, Premier League football, cinemas, theatre, multiple,pubs and eateries. Im not the anorak speedway fan that will troup anywhere and be mugged off through fear of it closing.

If i fancied a speedway fix, Brum and Wolves are close, Buxton also, its not the end of the world.

He doesnt have to, but i was replying to someone elses post that tells me i must turn up every week. Why should i ?

No doubt you`ll give me the spiel of either turn up or lose it. Well if it goes mate it goes.

Theres plenty of other entertainments in the are i live, Premier League football, cinemas, theatre, multiple,pubs and eateries. Im not the anorak speedway fan that will troup anywhere and be mugged off through fear of it closing.

If i fancied a speedway fix, Brum and Wolves are close, Buxton also, its not the end of the world.

At the end of the day its your choice.

My two points are a/I don't blame Dave Tattum for dropping down if PL speedway is not sustainable and b/ the standard of entertainment (if not rider)will be exactly the same, just cheaper.

I just don't see why every single Stoke fan who is taking him to the cleaners can't see either of those, and the stated viewpoints here and on the PL contrast starkly with those from Ipswich who recognise that there downward move is in the best interests of the team they support.

f you will go to Buxton instead, you are doing nothing other than cutting your nose off to spite your face.

As I say, though, that's your choice.

hey bit sad oh i mean big lad.have you ever been to a national league meeting,if not shut up and give it a try. :(

hey bit sad oh i mean big lad.have you ever been to a national league meeting,if not shut up and give it a try. :(

Where in my post do i state that "you must turn up every week"? :mad:

First of all you slate the Stoke promotion for taking the club into the National League, throwing your toys out of the pram, stating that you are fed up with all the 3 and 4 year plans that do not come to fruition.

Then you state that your not that bothered! :unsure:

Make your mind up, son.

Usually if someone is bothered about something, they get off their backside and do something about it!... But from the tone of your post, you won't be doing that.

Usually if someone isn't bothered about something, then they don't go around telling "all and sundry" what they think about it!

So are you or are you not bothered? :unsure:

And as for the quote you'd go and get your fix at BUXTON!!!!!!! Their in the same division as Stoke! :lol: the very same one that you won't watch in your own back yard! :approve:

The silence is deafening, Stooge! :wink::approve:

This post sums up what is wrong with speedway in this Country!

And this one! :mad:

What a pathetic and immature response. Just when Stoke Speedway need him/her the most.

And they have the nerve to call themselves supporters. :(

Liverpool chad, oh dear, what we have with you is yet another moron from out of town that knows diddly squat about any other teams affairs only what you read on here.

Tell me this, have you attended Stoke speedway at all ? regular even ? if the ansewrs are no, then dont even bother replying, if you want to help the Tattums so much, send em a cheque, i'm sure they'd love it.

Other than that i dont have much more to say to you other than run along and go and stick your nose in someone elses business.

Everton as well, sums you right up. twit.

The silence is deafening, Stooge! :wink::approve:

TThe pc crashed as i was posting, and what went on couldnt be changed, which sadly was a quote of your drivel.

Right, how often do you go to Stoke speedway ? ive missed no more than a handful of meetings over many years.

Ive provided materials and painted the majority of the stadium, ive given up Friday nights out to go down and erect the fence (before the air fence days), ive given up Saturdays to help out and gone down in the week after work to do bits.

Last season i organised a trip to Edinburgh and Berwick to follow the team, the club provided no travel to these fixtures and never do to league fixtures. Dont forget, they are a promotion.

Now then, ive done my bit over the years, and im a bit fed up of hearing their excuses when they sit on their hands doing bugger all to help themselves.

I dont see how my other response is immature, are you on this planet??? or are you some sort of weirdo that goes any where to watch speedway?

When i have top flight football on my door step, i dont see what business it is of yours if i decide to go to watch it.

Seeing as you are so concerned about this stoke thread, then no doubt you turn up for every meeting. If you dont,by all means you have your views, but dont keep hammering me for mine when i have done my bit over the years to keep the place solvent.

And this one! :mad:

What a pathetic and immature response. Just when Stoke Speedway need him/her the most.

And they have the nerve to call themselves supporters. :(

Ive called myself nothing. Unlike you who likes to come across as some sort of martyr that travels all over to keep clubs going. If you wish to carry your digs on then pm me and we`ll do it that way so as we dont bore others with our difference of opinion.

Edited by stooge

Liverpool Chad, I'm not much for your tone...son!

Me and Stooge have different views on what's happening at Stoke and we have had many online duals but we have respect. Stooge has put the hours in for Stoke Speedway and has his missus, he's been a long time suffer like the rest of us and if he is finished with it then that is his decision.

I really don't think you have any right to come here lecturing a genuine Stoke fan for his views on Stoke Speedway!