British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scotty

Wildcards At Cardiff

Strong possibility David Howe according to a little bit of inside info ;)

If he can keep himself free from injury,the way he has started the season Deano Barker should be given a chance at least he is still trying to get in the GP.

Good shout :D . If Deano can keep this up he is definately worth a wildcard. He got to stay fit though. That's always been a problem though hasn't it. :-(

Scott Nicholls

JY2003. I think your find that Scotty is all ready in the Gps.

I say David Howe and Danny Bird! :)

I think Billy Janniro should be given a chance! He hasn't got an American one to prove he is good enough. If he was in it, I reckon he could show quite a few people what he is capable of!! :D

Actually, it should be the two Billy's. No English riders!! :shock::D

I think that Chris Harris should have a chance, as he is the 3rd top scorer at P'borough this season (and still riding at reserve :? ). Let's bring on our young talent, now. 8)

Guest JY2003

Sorry......i had forgotten that he was already in the Gps :oops: Mayb Screeny and Deano! :)

Would be good to see Chris Harris get a shot at the GP as not only is he thirds in Peterboroughs averages, he is 15th in the Elite League!

Would be good to see Chris Harris get a shot at the GP as not only is he thirds in Peterboroughs averages, he is 15th in the Elite League!

8) I'll second that.

I also agree, Bomber Harris is a great young prospect for British Speedway.

I think that all GP wildcards should be under the age of 25, so that youngsters can make a name for themselves and gain experience.

Seeing it seems likely that Mark Loram will be missing then i think it's essential that two British riders get the wildcard places. I would select David Howe and Carl Stonehewer.

My Workington friends are gonna fall out with me over this but.....I really don't think Stoney should be considered for a wild card.

He's been in the GP's and lets face it he is never going to reach those heady heights again. If we are sticking to British riders I would rather it went to a younger man with the potential to at least challenge for the GP qualifiers next season

Now the air raid siren has sounded and I am gonna get all tucked up in my bunker.....lol

My Workington friends are gonna fall out with me over this but.....I really don't think Stoney should be considered for a wild card.

He's been in the GP's and lets face it he is never going to reach those heady heights again. If we are sticking to British riders I would rather it went to a younger man with the potential to at least challenge for the GP qualifiers next season

Now the air raid siren has sounded and I am gonna get all tucked up in my bunker.....lol

I'm with you on this Lioness - Stoney has struggled big time in the EL - his best score has been six (against EL opposition) - put him in at Cardiff and he'd look silly.

I think the two wildcards should be the top two non-GP riders in the British Final - that would give them something to race for and add a little more excitement to an outdated competition.

Can I share your bunker please. ;-)