British Speedway Forum
tocha

Isle Of Wight 2011

I haven't found a thread for this but, doubtless, I shall be informed if one exists already.

I have no connection to the Islanders nor have I ever visited the Isle but I know I must as I have been told what a lovely place it is. Now to the point.

Following the demise of Bournemouth and Weymouth then Plymouth opting for PL, IOW must find themselves out on a limb now with no local rivals.

To be fair, I gather that the IoW make most of their money from holiday makers, so local rivals won't effect them as much.

Dont write off the Wildcats yet ;O)

Dont write off the Wildcats yet ;O)

Steve,

They can't keep a good man down, or is that a good speedway team!! I know that you had the stuffing knocked out of you previously but if you can come back, so can the Wildcats. I know that there were a lot of people down there who were put out by previous actions, so if they can all come together for the good of the club it can work.

Martin

Nick Simmons has now officially signed and will be captain click here

good! Now need the fixture list to start planning!icon_lol.gif

good! Now need the fixture list to start planning!icon_lol.gif

Er.... please leave your scissors at home if you come to the island! :wink::lol:

I visited the IOW two years ago and went to two meetings Even though the team had dropped down a level I found the racing at times entertaining It reminded me of many second half races at Peterborough from years gone by and well worth a visit if you are indeed on holiday on the Island

Please tell me theres yet another mistake on the BSPA site. It says Simmo's average is 8.90 (here) yet he ended last year on 8.05 (here) (according to their site, though that was October's average so really it should be slightly different but not 0.85). I checked the average's of the others from last year and Morris. Atkin, White-Williams, Young, Bates and Andrews will all start on last year's average with Lambert's increasing by 0.01 and Herne's 0.51. Even Herne's average seems a massive increase from what, 2 meeting maybe for Bournmeouth during October, yet Hornets rode then, and I don't think they were all injured! Is there something I've missed here, or is it a mistake? If it's a mistake we'll soon know.

Edited by Islander15

Please tell me theres yet another mistake on the BSPA site. It says Simmo's average is 8.90 (here) yet he ended last year on 8.05 (here) (according to their site, though that was October's average so really it should be slightly different but not 0.85).

The mistake is in someone confusing the average fro Mark Simmonds with that for Nick Simmons.

The correct avaerage for Nick is 8.05.

Malcolm Vasey

Edited by Proud Potter

Thanks for your reply Malcolm ^^^

The Islanders have signed 2 more: John Resch & Tom Hill. See here . Hill's a good signing, especially at home, on a low average. But I'm not so sure about Resch.

So who's the other 4? Starke, Smethills and Warwick equal 21.70 and with only 24.28 left 1 of them will definitely miss out. I hear that Dan Blake won't be fit for the start of the season, but does anyone know if Hopwood will be?

Sadly not Ben and also not Danny, but two more will be announced this week and the final two soon after one may well surprise a few! :rolleyes: