British Speedway Forum
tocha

Isle Of Wight 2011

You have.

IOW signed Brendan Johnson & Lee Smethills (see here) and Ben Hopwood has gone to the Hawks on a full transfer (see here).

Thanks Lorna. Just reading the link you gave (here ) it says Resch & Brendan at reserve, so will that mean Tom Hill is number 8, or is there a mistake :unsure: ?

Edited by Islander15

Thanks Lorna. Just reading the link you gave (here ) it says Resch & Brendan at reserve, so will that mean Tom Hill is number 8, or is there a mistake :unsure: ?

There are no official number 8 this year.

There are no official number 8 this year.

Hi Jayne

Whats the rules for No 8 this season then if a team have R/R?

Regards

Nikko

Hi Jayne

Whats the rules for No 8 this season then if a team have R/R?

Regards

Nikko

I meant teams only declare their 1-7 to the BSPA. Number 8's will be nominated as necessary if a team is using r/r from a listing of 3pt riders (details were in speedway star last week).

A reminder to Wightlink Islanders fans that there's a Quiz Night at the stadium tonight - go to the club's official website for further details. http://www.islandspeedway.co.uk/

Edited by Bryn

Brendan at reserve I am afraid was my fault, hands up and shot later. So far we have Nick at 1, Brendan probably at 2 but not confirmed, Lee or ano at 3 and 4 (waiting on confirmation before I can release name), Possibly Starkey at 5, Tom and Jon at 6 & 7.

IOW v Newport in KOC, 1st meeting 19th April BU21 semi and week after should be USA touring team.

The new loo's are being built by the pits and Bryn will by all his friends a drink at the first meeting if they get to the track before 7am and say hello to him :) ...Afraid I cannot confirm anything else until I am informed.

Edited by KenB1

Thanks Ken.... First time Paul Starke's name has been mentioned. Wonder who the last piece of the jigsaw is?

All will be revealed soon (well July anyway hahahaha :rolleyes:

With the 5 already signed plus Starkey that leavess 6.21 and looking at last year's end averages (here) that means the possible following riders (excluding ones who already have a club obviously): Tom Brown 6.20 (he's retired though, hasn't he?), Luke Priest 6.08, Ricky Wallace 6.00 (unlikely), Ricky Scarboro ( :rolleyes: ), Dan Halsey 5.56 (surely no seeing as he only stated on here about a week ago asking for a team place, however a snip of an average), Gary Beaton 5.52 ( :unsure: ) and Richard Franklin 5.39.

Priest looks the best of that lot, at Smallbrook last year he got 9+1 from 4 for Mildenhall & 9+1 from 6 for Newport.

Thanks Ken.... First time Paul Starke's name has been mentioned. Wonder who the last piece of the jigsaw is?

I mentioned it on page 1 :)

With the 5 already signed plus Starkey that leavess 6.21 and looking at last year's end averages (here) that means the possible following riders (excluding ones who already have a club obviously): Tom Brown 6.20 (he's retired though, hasn't he?), Luke Priest 6.08, Ricky Wallace 6.00 (unlikely), Ricky Scarboro ( :rolleyes: ), Dan Halsey 5.56 (surely no seeing as he only stated on here about a week ago asking for a team place, however a snip of an average), Gary Beaton 5.52 ( :unsure: ) and Richard Franklin 5.39.

Priest looks the best of that lot, at Smallbrook last year he got 9+1 from 4 for Mildenhall & 9+1 from 6 for Newport.

As an outside bet, and a very outside bet at that, Glen Phillips would come in on a 6.10, thanks to his doing 11 meetings for Stoke in 2009 averaging 3.05. He never got a new average due to needing 12 meetings then, but other riders have been re-assessed due to the change in rules (Theo Pijper being a prime example) so this would put him firmly in the IoW average bracket.

I mentioned it on page 1 :)

That you did Sir.

I guess I meant in an "official" way....unless you are official that is! :blink:

Still no Official mention of the remaining 4 riders.

BSPA still only has Nick, Tom & Jon as IOW signed riders.

If its 6.21 left (no reason to doubt it, I just cant be asked to work it out), who WILL the remaining place Go to?

Probably someone we havent even thought about.

Surfice to say, I am sure those involved with running the team will do all they can to ensure they get the best side together that they can.