British Speedway Forum
DarrenCook

Is Winning At All Costs Destroying The El?

Well, reading this week's SS, the points limit for the EL is already confirmed?! :unsure:

and to back this up, I will state the key part of the quote by Swindon co-owner, Gary Patchett:

"The points limited agreed at 40 does not work out too badly for us at Swindon, because we have some very talented young riders."

Make of that what you will.

Edited by chris26

To be absolutely 100% clear, Steve, if Matt Ford ever pulled Poole out of the EL League, I would jump for joy !

I can't stand the devious weasel, much of the trouble in speedway seems to eminate from Mr. Ford

However, we all know Matt wont be happy until he has ruined every other clubs business to achieve his own twisted aims!

Remember the threat to take Poole to the CL ? He didn't have the guts to do that, did he?

Given the location of the stadium, we can only hope that its owners sell out to property developers, and that British Speedway will be rid of the poisonous Pirates, their devious promoter and his legion of irksome fans who think the devious toad walks on water and can do no wrong !

Any other track closes, its a sad, sad day...

Poole closes? Its a day of deep deep joy, as it would eradicate a heinous poison from British Speedway!

Ford & CVS signed Holder, Ward, Madsen & Woffinden on bargain averages but want to stitch Coventry & Boro for signing Larsen & Sundstrom!

How low will these guys stoop? Boot 'em out! Full power to Sandhu & Frost! Let's stamp out corruption & make a fresh start! No more cheating!

Thoughts?

People like you are the real cancer of this sport. Give it a rest.

From the information I have heard, the decisions were made to keep costs down and making things more equal. Imagine if we went into March with not one team standing out? All teams battling it out for the top 4. It's been a while since this happened.

The only other way is to go all out attracting the big names at £25 per person every fortnight on off GP weeks. Is this what we want?

It doesnt keep costs down, all it does, is get lower averaged riders requesting more money because they know what a valuable commodity they are.

With these rules, teams are likely to bring in new foreigners, rather than a young brit such as Josh Auty, this will incur more costs as the teams will have to pay for flights , etc to get these riders over, and set them up over here.

Also last season the top 6 all had a chance of qualifying for the play-offs going into the last week of the season. thats two thirds of the league! There will always be teams struggling, and I dare say Coventry would be a team struggling if we lined up with Kenni Larsen as our 2nd heatleader!

The Idea of a fortnightly super league at £25 a pop certainly appeals to me more whan journeymen foreigners getting jobs ahead of young talent wanting to come up from the P, simply because their averages fit better

Well, reading this week's SS, the points limit for the EL is already confirmed?! :unsure:

and to back this up, I will state the key part of the quote by Swindon co-owner, Gary Patchett:

"The points limited agreed at 40 does not work out too badly for us at Swindon, because we have some very talented young riders."

Make of that what you will.

I make of that " Yep, suits me this year, as now Leigh's gone we were struggling a bit at the top end. So I'm all for it"

They reduced the pionts limit 3 years ago did not make any differance why would it now

great answer!! would you like me to write slower?

Some fans will be left with egg on their face if it even transpires which promoter voted in favour of what.

Some fans will be left with egg on their face if it even transpires which promoter voted in favour of what.

Are we likely to find out then?

I have never read so much tripe on one topic in all the years I have been on the speedway forum.

Such small minds and absolutely no idea what goes on in speedway behind the scenes apart from random hearsay.

Still....it makes for amusing reading I suppose.

To be absolutely 100% clear, Steve, if Matt Ford ever pulled Poole out of the EL League, I would jump for joy !

I can't stand the devious weasel, much of the trouble in speedway seems to eminate from Mr. Ford

However, we all know Matt wont be happy until he has ruined every other clubs business to achieve his own twisted aims!

Not even worth typing a reply !

We need as many clubs as possible to remain running.