British Speedway Forum
DarrenCook

Is Winning At All Costs Destroying The El?

To be absolutely 100% clear, Steve, if Matt Ford ever pulled Poole out of the EL League, I would jump for joy !

I can't stand the devious weasel, much of the trouble in speedway seems to eminate from Mr. Ford

However, we all know Matt wont be happy until he has ruined every other clubs business to achieve his own twisted aims!

Remember the threat to take Poole to the CL ? He didn't have the guts to do that, did he?

Given the location of the stadium, we can only hope that its owners sell out to property developers, and that British Speedway will be rid of the poisonous Pirates, their devious promoter and his legion of irksome fans who think the devious toad walks on water and can do no wrong !

Any other track closes, its a sad, sad day...

Poole closes? Its a day of deep deep joy, as it would eradicate a heinous poison from British Speedway!

Ford & CVS signed Holder, Ward, Madsen & Woffinden on bargain averages but want to stitch Coventry & Boro for signing Larsen & Sundstrom!

How low will these guys stoop? Boot 'em out! Full power to Sandhu & Frost! Let's stamp out corruption & make a fresh start! No more cheating!

Thoughts?

Think Jeffster has echoed the thoughts of many.

Sadly, the ill feeling toward Poole is generated by two or three muppets that post continual Poole biased rhetoric which is anti anyone that comes remotely close to beating them.

When Cov won the Grand Final at Poole I was all set to come on here & gloat from the rooftops. One thing stopped me, the reaction of the home straight after Bomber's crash & subsequent last bend cut back under Holder.

The camera's showed a lot of Poole fan's stood applauding, plainly they appreciate quality speedway & are fair minded decent people, as always it's the minority who spoil it.

That's the thing to remember. Inspite of the odd clown's contiual posting of thier bile, the true fan's appreciate good speedway.

I am pretty confident that these clown's don't represent the majority of Poole fan's.

To be absolutely 100% clear, Steve, if Matt Ford ever pulled Poole out of the EL League, I would jump for joy !

I can't stand the devious weasel, much of the trouble in speedway seems to eminate from Mr. Ford

However, we all know Matt wont be happy until he has ruined every other clubs business to achieve his own twisted aims!

Remember the threat to take Poole to the CL ? He didn't have the guts to do that, did he?

Given the location of the stadium, we can only hope that its owners sell out to property developers, and that British Speedway will be rid of the poisonous Pirates, their devious promoter and his legion of irksome fans who think the devious toad walks on water and can do no wrong !

Poole closes? Its a day of deep deep joy, as it would eradicate a heinous poison from British Speedway!

Ford & CVS signed Holder, Ward, Madsen & Woffinden on bargain averages but want to stitch Coventry & Boro for signing Larsen & Sundstrom!

How low will these guys stoop? Boot 'em out! Full power to Sandhu & Frost! Let's stamp out corruption & make a fresh start! No more cheating!

Thoughts?

I decided to never visit Poole ever again after they 'managed' to bring Hans Andersen in two years ago.

Edited by Noodles

Thoughts?

Hmmm..... Before the conference there was a consensus on here that the elite had been downgraded and was closer to the strength of the premier league that at any other time.

People were saying that in order to win the league all you needed to do was pick up the next star premier league rider at a bargain average and you had a damn good chance of success, Hence the big cheque books were out to grab these riders and the winning the league (well topping the table at least) could be slanted your way. I'd rather have my speedway more even thank you!

People thought halving the premier average was to lenient and causing the problem, the solution, altering the calculation..... So this gets done at the conference and self interest from two parties comes to the fore, maybe the calculation was a bit steep and 60-65% would have been better, but I have seen that the facts pointed to 73% so maybe 70 is fair.

All the rubbish pointing to Matt Ford is a smokescreen, yes Poole have benefitted from having large cheque books in the past but this avenue was about to, and needed to be plugged.

Two teams jumped the gun and signed riders without thinking through any potential changes, I guess they would have been better off staying at the conference and lobbying for 65% than throwing the toys out of the pram.

It is these selfish, im alrightJack attitudes that are killing speedway, The Poole promotion may have in the past been guilty of this, but they have never acted as spoilt and tried to hold the rest of the league to ranson as these two clubs are doing.

The promotions at these clubs should hang their heads in shame.

From the information I have heard, the decisions were made to keep costs down and making things more equal. Imagine if we went into March with not one team standing out? All teams battling it out for the top 4. It's been a while since this happened.

The only other way is to go all out attracting the big names at £25 per person every fortnight on off GP weeks. Is this what we want?

From the information I have heard, the decisions were made to keep costs down and making things more equal. Imagine if we went into March with not one team standing out? All teams battling it out for the top 4. It's been a while since this happened.

The only other way is to go all out attracting the big names at £25 per person every fortnight on off GP weeks. Is this what we want?

Keep costs down.. More utter utter tripe.

How many more seasons will they spend trying to keep costs down? Do they not have eyes? Can they count? They moan about making losses year after year, moan about declining crowds year after year and still can't figure out that one of THE major contributing factors is the consistent weakening of the league!

The Elite League is being reduced to a group of men desperately clinging onto their power.

Think Jeffster has echoed the thoughts of many.

Sadly, the ill feeling toward Poole is generated by two or three muppets that post continual Poole biased rhetoric which is anti anyone that comes remotely close to beating them.

When Cov won the Grand Final at Poole I was all set to come on here & gloat from the rooftops. One thing stopped me, the reaction of the home straight after Bomber's crash & subsequent last bend cut back under Holder.

The camera's showed a lot of Poole fan's stood applauding, plainly they appreciate quality speedway & are fair minded decent people, as always it's the minority who spoil it.

That's the thing to remember. Inspite of the odd clown's contiual posting of thier bile, the true fan's appreciate good speedway.

I am pretty confident that these clown's don't represent the majority of Poole fan's.

It's possible that none of us on here represent the majority of speedway fans. It's possible that the majority of Coventry and Peterborough fans don't give a monkeys about the EL-PL conversion rate and just want to watch some speedway in 2011.

Quite correct that the majority of fans don't give a monkeys about PL-EL conversions.

What they do give a monkeys about is being given value for money. They do not expect to see a product weakened year after year and be expected to pay more for the privilege of seeing it!

The sport has no future until those running it finally wake up and realise this fact!

Edited by BWitcher

It is these selfish, im alrightJack attitudes that are killing speedway, The Poole promotion may have in the past been guilty of this, but they have never acted as spoilt and tried to hold the rest of the league to ranson as these two clubs are doing.

The promotions at these clubs should hang their heads in shame.

Really? Must of been a different Matt Ford from Poole speedway who said he would ditch the EL and run in the NL a year or so ago then!

The difference is that everybody could see he was trying (badly) to talk the talk - this time it looks like Sandhu and Frost will have bigger balls and may well walk the walk

From reading this and many other anti-Poole threads I'd say that the ill-feeling is generated by the 'Muppets' - to use your words, HG, who post continual anti-Poole-biased, spiteful, malicious and unfounded rhetoric.

Keep costs down.. More utter utter tripe.

How many more seasons will they spend trying to keep costs down? Do they not have eyes? Can they count? They moan about making losses year after year, moan about declining crowds year after year and still can't figure out that one of THE major contributing factors is the consistent weakening of the league!

The Elite League is being reduced to a group of men desperately clinging onto their power.

the way these people are trying to run our sport ,there wont be a sport left soon the only way i can see in bringing people through the gate is to reduce admission fees . i would say a set price of 10 pounds . iwould rather see 1000 people pay this tha 300-400 pay 16 -17 pounds which is what they will charge this coming season with vat set to rise.

the way these people are trying to run our sport ,there wont be a sport left soon the only way i can see in bringing people through the gate is to reduce admission fees . i would say a set price of 10 pounds . iwould rather see 1000 people pay this tha 300-400 pay 16 -17 pounds which is what they will charge this coming season with vat set to rise.

Because swc, as in football, the fans opinion and needs matter less and less.... :cry:

Edited by Dave22

Quite correct that the majority of fans don't give a monkeys about PL-EL conversions.

What they do give a monkeys about is being given value for money. They do not expect to see a product weakened year after year and be expected to pay more for the privilege of seeing it!

The sport has no future until those running it finally wake up and realise this fact!

Well said BW, whilst the sport self regulates and maintains it's "jobs for the boys" in sales and marketing then the decline will continue sadly!

A question to you all?

If and this is a big if, That lets say only 2-3 promoters could afford to loose the moneyor afford to pay for a team each season to a 45 point limit, and the other promoters just couldnt afford to build to that, so then there were only 2 or 3 teams? Would that be the answer for british speedway? or if we all took our rose tinted specs off all built to a figure that all promoters could afford to build too lets say 40? and this created a fair and balanced league would that be the answer for british speedway? Also people pay more for a water down product??? A promoter loses £40k last season but after putting the price up by £1 a person and built a team to 40 point avergae then at the end of the year only lost say 7k of his money thats HIS MONEY?? is he still taking the peee out of the speedway public?

just a thought I dont have the answer some how I dont see 45 point limit means 2000 fans through your door 40.00 limit 800 through your door, the bigger picture for me would be someone with the brains to come in keep the great things about the sport strip it from head to toe and start again if it took 5-6 years to transform, on a budget and then grew the sport to levels of other proffesional sports in the UK?

A question to you all?

If and this is a big if, That lets say only 2-3 promoters could afford to loose the moneyor afford to pay for a team each season to a 45 point limit, and the other promoters just couldnt afford to build to that, so then there were only 2 or 3 teams? Would that be the answer for british speedway? or if we all took our rose tinted specs off all built to a figure that all promoters could afford to build too lets say 40? and this created a fair and balanced league would that be the answer for british speedway? Also people pay more for a water down product??? A promoter loses £40k last season but after putting the price up by £1 a person and built a team to 40 point avergae then at the end of the year only lost say 7k of his money thats HIS MONEY?? is he still taking the peee out of the speedway public?

just a thought I dont have the answer some how I dont see 45 point limit means 2000 fans through your door 40.00 limit 800 through your door, the bigger picture for me would be someone with the brains to come in keep the great things about the sport strip it from head to toe and start again if it took 5-6 years to transform, on a budget and then grew the sport to levels of other proffesional sports in the UK?

They reduced the pionts limit 3 years ago did not make any differance why would it now