British Speedway Forum
spin king

What Happen To

Can any tell me please what happened to this rider,

Gary Middleton (Hackney Hawks)

Gary Middleton was tragically killed in a track crash at Wolverhampton's Monmore Green stadium in 1975

That was Gary Peterson

Yeah think you have your Gary's mixed up, Gary Middleton last rode in England for Leicester in the 1977 season.

Guest cheetahhawk

I just wish people would get the spelling right.Mr Middleton's name is spelt GARRY and not Gary.The double r is the Aussie way of spelling the name and Garry Middleton himself told me that many years ago at Hackney.

The last I heard of Garry was that he was living over in the USA but that was about 20 years ago.

Edited by cheetahhawk

The last I heard of Garry was that he was living over in the USA but that was about 20 years ago.[/color][/b]

So I guess that means he's now Gaz Middleton? :wink::D

It was reported that Garry Middleton had committed suicide around three years ago but this has never been confirmed - any further information would be very welcome.

I just wish people would get the spelling right.Mr Middleton's name is spelt GARRY and not Gary.The double r is the Aussie way of spelling the name and Garry Middleton himself told me that many years ago at Hackney.

The last I heard of Garry was that he was living over in the USA but that was about 20 years ago.

Sorry to say this cheetahhawk but the "r" was to get the English to "say" Garrry! not Gary. ;o)

All the Best! ;o)

PS.

I had a look in "A History of Australian Speedway" by Jim Shepherd 2003!

Now that is a Speedway Book :o)) Only one r. He got Ya's ;O))))

Edited by Trackman

Guest cheetahhawk
It was reported that Garry Middleton had committed suicide around three years ago but this has never been confirmed - any further information would be very welcome.

I, too heard this rumour,but find it very hard to beleive as Garry was always a positive thinking person.

It was his motto when he was at Hackney,"think positive".

I would dearly love to know what has happened to him as he was my first hero on the speedway track.

Guest cheetahhawk
Sorry Cheatehawk, opps Cheetahawk. :unsure:

funny guy :lol:

I just wish people would get the spelling right.Mr Middleton's name is spelt GARRY and not Gary.

Blimey CH you're as bad as me when people say Mark Lorams' name wrong! :approve: Just for the record Kelvin Tatum is amongst the only people to pronounce it right when he thinks about it! :approve:

I just wish people would get the spelling right.Mr Middleton's name is spelt GARRY and not Gary.

Blimey CH you're as bad as me when people say Mark Lorams' name wrong! :approve: Just for the record Kelvin Tatum is amongst the only people to pronounce it right when he thinks about it! :approve:

Know how you feel there shazzybird, everytime they mention his name on tv, I sit there shouting out the correct way to say it.....it really winds me up.

Reminder to self......must get out more

Guest cheetahhawk

Know how you feel there shazzybird, everytime they mention his name on tv, I sit there shouting out the correct way to say it.....it really winds me up.

Reminder to self......must get out more

Yes, so do I shout at the TV and at announcers at speedway regarding the correct way to pronounce Mark's name.I think it must be because we saw Mark from the very start of his racing career and was told the correct way to say Loram.

and was told the correct way to say Loram.

Which is? LORam or LorAM?

Just so I know for future reference. :)

Not the way that they say it on the tv., or at Eastbourne Gem :lol: I remember this woman @ Eastbourne she was a Ipswich fan and I stood near her during the meeting, I said to my friend I wish they would say Marks' name correctly it really is annoying, this woman next to me said please don't tell me you say "Lorum" that is so irritating when his name is "La Ram". I looked at her and said "Yeah right, I grew up with him @ Canterbury trust me love (shazzybird went into patronising mode at this point :oops: ) his name is pronounced "LORUM" well it was when we were kids anyway! So CH I'm with you on this one xx

Edited by shazzybird

I wish they would say Marks' name correctly it really is annoying,

So let me get this right - his real name is Mark Annoying????