British Speedway Forum
tanya

New Year Classic - Newport

It certainly was a good crowd. Re. the PA system, it was as poor as it has ever been yesterday on the 1st/2nd bends. Good to hear that it is going to be looked at.

It is snowing again today in Newport so looks like everybody got lucky!

It is snowing again today in Newport so looks like everybody got lucky!

With the exception perhaps of the two bodies found dead on the A449 and the M5,

I think the mallets and track staff done an amazing job and it's paid off with the amount of people who went along :) Im sure the sound system will be sorted soon! Yes its snowing again so good job the meeting was held yesterday!

Just read that there were approximately 2,500 that attended thats great! That means if everyone paid £15 (adults entry fee) the club wouldve made £37.500 and thats without counting the food and drink :)

who told you the 2500 crowd figure??!! We wish it had been that many.

Also have taken notice of various comments about the catering and queues and will put it on our list to discuss.

who told you the 2500 crowd figure??!! We wish it had been that many.

Also have taken notice of various comments about the catering and queues and will put it on our list to discuss.

Your wishlist just keeps growing :wink::lol:

Another thing while I`m here,pretty sure the bar on the second bend was open last year,that would`ve taken some of the pressure off the main catering outlet if that were to be repeated in future.

It certainly was a good crowd. Re. the PA system, it was as poor as it has ever been yesterday on the 1st/2nd bends. Good to hear that it is going to be looked at.

It was bad on the back straight yesterday, much worse than normal. I did laugh when they announced that someone was using flash photography on the second bend and could they stop it, believing that they could actually be heard there.

I have to admit I had a cracking day out got my first sniff of the year, last me another month or two, haha.

Considering the weather we have had over the past month the track curator and his staff need a medal to have gotten the track racable and for it to hold up like it did was brilliant, well done that man :lol: .

Enjoyed the days racing some pretty niffty moves considering, and who'd have thought Lee Smart would end up the winner eh, well done Lee.

As for the catering I took a flask after queuing for the best part of 40 minutes for a cold burger a couple of years previous.

The M50 closure was caused by a body being discovered and the same on the M5 too, fortunately for us we went into Micheals Wood services so we avoided the hold up and went around the back roads probably put around 30-40 minutes on the trip but better than sitting on the M5.

Did wave to Peter Preece, but don't think he saw me and got a nice big hug off Shadders too. All in all a good day out and not too chilly either!

sorry Jude didnt even know you were there, probably talking to the cov mates in front of us, they are not happy men at the moment.

Well done Smarty for the win, lets hope this isnt the only thing he wins with the result of the Dudley News Sports Personality of the year up and coming. :wink:B)

I couldnt go due to the joys of work but one question I do have is, were the New Silencers used for this meeting. :unsure:

As i was leaving yesterday i heard over the tannoy something about the 17th march (correct me if i am a few days out) is this going to be our first meeting?

Sat March 19th is proposed date for first meeting --one week after the Ben Fund meeting at Scunthorpe on March 12th.

Well done Smarty for the win, lets hope this isnt the only thing he wins with the result of the Dudley News Sports Personality of the year up and coming. :wink:B)

I couldnt go due to the joys of work but one question I do have is, were the New Silencers used for this meeting. :unsure:

That was left to the rider to decide what they used.

The south wales argus! Certainly looked a good crowd if it wasnt that many

thanks for that.

Good start to 2011 to a Brummies accy..........

That was left to the rider to decide what they used.

Thanks for answering, I thought the BSPA said they were to come in on 1st January 2011, seems another U-turn coming on me thinks.

Sat March 19th is proposed date for first meeting --one week after the Ben Fund meeting at Scunthorpe on March 12th.

Thanks for correcting me on the date, have a team been confirmed for our first meeting or do we just know its on that certain date!

Re the PA system, I mentioned to Main Man last season that it was poor and he promised to look into it, so based on sunday I don't hold out hope for there to be an improvement.