British Speedway Forum
tanya

New Year Classic - Newport

And that is something you really wanted to know?

Oh I think he already knew,but he just wanted to be a drama queen :wink::P

Something you'd know about I presume :P

Well Spotted! I think you've hit the pimple right on the head, Db - :oops: oooops I mean nail, of course! :rolleyes:

Edited by BigFatDave

Clearly it must be, as you failed to give that answer in the numerous replies that you made to me in this thread. The answer for a 12 rider format as confirmed by 'Main Man' is due to lack of rider availability, otherwise I'm assuming it would be a 16 rider format.

I do find it hard to believe there are only 10 riders from this Country that want to/can ride in the NYC, but if that's the official reason, then fair enough and I wish them all the success in running the event.

I can assure you Najjer many riders were contacted ---as my phone bill will testify!! But when we had to make our decision on the format and get the programme printed (have them here with me !!), we had to go with what we had got which was 12 riders.

Despite this I believe we have a pretty good line-up that should produce some good and entertaining racing. :approve:

Extensive track work and removal of snow achieved yesterday --with a few aching backs I understand !!

More work going on today and if Metcheck have it right it will be cold but ok on Sunday ---so wrap up warm!!

Edited by Main Man

Glad they are attempting to get the meeting up and running! Should be a great day :) will most defentiely be wearing layers, hope the fog goes too! Keep up the good work :) them track staff do a great job

Official Media Release

NEWPORT TRACK BEGINS TO THAW

It's all hands to the pump at Queensway Meadows as Newport Speedway track staff begin to prepare the racing circuit for this Sunday's New Year Classic from 1pm.

12 riders including defending title holder Steve Boxall will contest 12 qualifying heats with the top eight moving into two semi-finals and the event climaxing with a four man Grand Final.

Commented club owner Steve Mallett: 'The track was like slurry on Tuesday morning but now the thaw has set in then we can get to work for the rest of the week. Although we will have a reserve date in case of a postponement it is looking positive for January 2nd.'

Fans can keep updated on the club hotline 09066 555 915 ( calls charged at 60p per minute).

We will be there for this one wrapped up warm, lets hope the weather stays ok, I will be keeping my eye on the forum for update on the weather.

Roll on Sunday.

I can't wait for the meeting :) met office says it will be a clear day but cold! By the way who are the reserves for this meeting?

Happy new year to everyone hope 2011 brings some great speedway memories :D