British Speedway Forum
heathen79

Nl Agm Cancelled?

This is why, IMO, all three league decisions should be made at the same time. If all leagues are of equal importance, they should be treated as such.

I'd think the main issue is the mixture of standalone and second teams in the NL. You can't really decide the NL competition formats until you know how many fixtures the second teams can stage, and that won't be known until the BEL and BPL is settled.

The BEL and BPL decisions can be made together because teams either ride in one league or the other, not both.

I'd think the main issue is the mixture of standalone and second teams in the NL. You can't really decide the NL competition formats until you know how many fixtures the second teams can stage, and that won't be known until the BEL and BPL is settled.

The BEL and BPL decisions can be made together because teams either ride in one league or the other, not both.

Well okay - but then why not as I say, have the NL meeting the day after..? Coz I can tell you, there are some very important NL decisions and announcements to make and it's not in the interests of that division to delay as is being forced upon them...

Well okay - but then why not as I say, have the NL meeting the day after..? Coz I can tell you, there are some very important NL decisions and announcements to make and it's not in the interests of that division to delay as is being forced upon them...

is one of those important announcements being made down kent way. :unsure:

Have I missed something but what exactly was the reason the BSPA needed to meet again meaning this week's NL meeting was put back a month..? :unsure:

And - again maybe it's just me - but wasn't that meeting over 24 hours ago now and yet nothing appears to have been announced as to whatever they were meeting about, what's been (further) decided etc. :blink:

Because it's the third level of the sport, and decisions that affect the BEL and BPL can determine which teams may or may not be riding in the BL.

No-one would suggest the BSPA runs things well, but the individual leagues can't simply go off and do their own thing. That happened in the late-70s and coincided with the downturn in the sport.

I fear that any further downturn could, to all intents and purposes, prove terminal. :sad:

NOT true

any chance of expanding that and letting the poor downtrodden speedway fan waiting on it know when its actually going to be then? i have assuemd you know as you have said its not true or is it just that its not happening and no new date has been set yet?

Isn't it absurd? Getting near to beginning of Season & ..

1)We don't even know how many teams will be in ANY of the Leagues..even PL just may get Cov or Pboro...

thus 2) NO fixtures or plans

3) No-one knows what is happening about Averages (even EL team totals) for definite.

Has Brit Speedway ever been in such a shambles, lack of info etc as this so close to start of season before?

1)We don't even know how many teams will be in ANY of the Leagues..even PL just may get Cov or Pboro...

3) No-one knows what is happening about Averages (even EL team totals) for definite.

Has Brit Speedway ever been in such a shambles, lack of info etc as this so close to start of season before?

Dont forget aswell some clubs havent released anything about Season Tickets/Admission Prices yet, so we have no idea of how much it will cost to watch our teams this year. Its a shame as I was planning to get a season ticket, its too late now. :(

The fact the NL AGM keeps on getting cancelled isnt a surprise really, the BSPA havent treated this league with any sort of respect for some time. I dont see why the problems in the Elite League should stop this AGM. This league is very important in terms of bringing on the next British Talent yet why dont the BSPA realise this.

The way things are going at the moment, I dont really have any confidence that the season will start in March even though a few fixtures have been released.

Edited by Brummie Kev

Absolultely not . for the first time in many years , the whole of british speedway is being looked at in detail. would you like another load of ill conceived rules brought into force because you cannot wait a couple of weeks until the running of the sport has at least a decent chance of being sorted properly . theres still 10 weeks before the season starts whats the hurry ? british speedway is in a total shambles and stumbling on as it is to appease a few supporters who have no patience is certainly not going help that situation at all.

Absolultely not . for the first time in many years , the whole of british speedway is being looked at in detail. would you like another load of ill conceived rules brought into force because you cannot wait a couple of weeks until the running of the sport has at least a decent chance of being sorted properly . theres still 10 weeks before the season starts whats the hurry ? british speedway is in a total shambles and stumbling on as it is to appease a few supporters who have no patience is certainly not going help that situation at all.

its not about the supporters having no patience more about riders not knowing whats happening then having no time to sort sponsors and equipment etc. :angry:

any chance of expanding that and letting the poor downtrodden speedway fan waiting on it know when its actually going to be then? i have assuemd you know as you have said its not true or is it just that its not happening and no new date has been set yet?

Dont have a go at me have a go at the poster who claims its on the 10th