British Speedway Forum

Pooles signing that Mr Shovlar is talking about is DENIS ANDERSSON. I repeat DENIS ANDERSSON!!!!! He's a friend of mine on facebook and I met twice last year. Oh never mind. :P

What a pathetic attempt to be a party pooper. :rolleyes:

What a pathetic attempt to be a party pooper. :rolleyes:

His club's only been EL for five minutes and already he sounds like an EL Snob.

His club's only been EL for five minutes and already he sounds like an EL Snob.

:D :D

OK we have had an hour and the first 90 votes. So as that is the amount of points in a normal speedway meeting, the score after the first leg is 49 - 41 to the people who think Sandhu is wrong. An 8 point win to those opposing Sandhu, so fairly comfortable so far. Lets see what the rest of this evening brings.

Statistical nonsense :angry:

Assuming the yes/no vote is a simple binomial distribution with a 50% probability of a yes vote, the standard error of a sample size of 90 would be about 5 and therefore to be statistically significant (at the 5% level i.e 1.96 SEs above the assumed mean of 45/45) would require the vote to be at least 54-36 in one direction or the other before you could draw any conclusion from such a small sample.

PS A completely fraudulent question anyway as we don't know what the basis of the legal action(s?) is. Suggest you stop stirring

Assuming the yes/no vote is a simple binomial distribution with a 50% probability of a yes vote, the standard error of a sample size of 90 would be about 5 and therefore to be statistically significant (at the 5% level i.e 1.96 SEs above the assumed mean of 45/45) would require the vote to be at least 54-36 in one direction or the other before you could draw any conclusion from such a small sample.

PS A completely fraudulent question anyway as we don't know what the basis of the legal action(s?) is. Suggest you stop stirring

If Matt tells him to do something, then it must be done.

His club's only been EL for five minutes and already he sounds like an EL snob.

;)

In view of recent voting at the AGM. What do you reckon would be the standard error of a sample size of 9 assuming the yes/no vote is a simple binomical distribution. :D

Subtle edit for accuracy Cuz. ;)

Love your work!!

In view of recent voting at the AGM. What do you reckon would be the standard error of a sample size of 9 assuming the yes/no vote is a simple binomical distribution. :D

In view of some of the recent comments on the forum I reckon the application of a size 9 Steel-toecap Doc Martins in the correct posterior position on a couple of recalcitrant ex-BSPA members would work wonders.

more a less a 50 - 50 split, bet that wasnt expected when the poll was started, obviously some supporters are fed up with things as they were

Edited by The Third Man

In view of some of the recent comments on the forum I reckon the application of a size 9 Steel-toecap Doc Martins in the correct posterior position on a couple of recalcitrant ex-BSPA members would work wonders.

Luv it. :D

So you are saying 5% of the people voting ar too thick to press either yes or no? :D Perhaps thats very true with some on here.

Well it will be up for a while so as more people log on we will get a better picture, right?

Love your work!!

:lol:

So you are saying 5% of the people voting ar too thick to press either yes or no? :D Perhaps thats very true with some on here.

Well it will be up for a while so as more people log on we will get a better picture, right?

:lol:

No - it's basic statistical theory. The smaller the sample the more it is prone to sampling error. i.e With just 90 responses there is no guarantee that the ones you have received are representative. [And that's before we get onto problems with self-selecting samples]

The problem with internet polls is they can easily be rigged through a bit of computer know how, going on different machines at a library or getting a load of friends on facebook to vote.

Reading through the different threads on here about this sad state of affairs, it seems to me that the number of people who simply want this matter to be solved without it going to court far outweighs those who do. In cases like this, the minority want to make themselves heard over the majority and are a lot more likely to vote which skews the numbers somewhat. If every forum member voted once you would get much more accurate figures.

the more I think about it who cares because the will fiddle the figures like a good Poole lap dog to suit his views anyway

Firstly,

The Poll. Such a provocative title. Do I support a law suit? What law suit? What is the wording behind it? On what technicalities? Is it employment, business or competition?? Please let me know and only then will I vote.

Steven, you should have phrased, do you support Coventry and Peterborough´s walkout of BSPA new set of rules because, well, for a start, we KNOW that actually happened whereas we do not know anything about lawsuits. Instead you isolate Coventry. Funny, I am not going to participate in the poll.....wouldn´t give it any creditability.

Second, I do not know why fans are getting their knickers twisted about Poole signing foreigned assessed riders, as soon as the regs were written, I said that the only way you can fill the bottom of the team is by foreign assessed riders. Much better than a 6pt PL rider stepping up, and with such a low limit, it is necessary. These 4pt riders are gold dust, and as such will be paid like heat leaders.

Poole and the BSPA certainly know how not to encourage British talent. I expect 2 assessed riders for Poole, then the loophole to be closed next winter. Trust me, it will happen.