British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

After the BSPA press release stating, that the 'elite league' will not contain Coventry or Peterborough in 2011. The inclusion of Coventry means the BSPA have backed down.

Correct and personally I wouldn't sanction Coventry's return if I was a member of the BSPA, unless, of course, they offered a pound of flesh - the removal of Trump would seem the obvious pound.

since Peterborough are clearly out of the reckoning,

they didn't want in in the current format if the formats changed who's to say they haven't changed there mind ???

[.....Stevebrum....

Oh dear, i thought you had got over stalking my posts - which is equally as annoying.

Don't be so arrogant. If I stalked your posts I'd be on here all day. It's a forum so sometimes I respond to what someone has posted but more often than not I don't bother.

.....ladyluck.....

Thus, perhaps the earlier rumour that Trump will be defenestrated at Brandon isn't too far short of the mark.

Blimey! That's not even in my Oxford dictionary but I presume it means de-fleaed and chucked out. :D

Edited by Gemini

It is a pity that the team building is at 40 pts, 42.5 would be the answer but can't see it budging now even to 41.

It should be 42.5 and left there for the next 5 years and looked at a year in advance before setting it for year 6.......

Poole could have kept Bjarne under this rule but decided to loan him out to Eastbourne, as the budgies were struggling to find a number one. How about Coventry sending Harris to Belle Vue while they keep KK? Fair? To everyone else except the Coventry promotion. Self interest and greed.

Eh?

What happened to the 9 riders 8.01 or above, more than enough for one per team?

I thought the 8.01 rule was brought in so that every club could have a #1 ABOVE 8.00 not ON 8.00. As you say, Poole CAN keep their top two (but have elected to let one go probably to allow them to get a GP rider currently without an EL average) but Coventry CAN'T keep Harris and KK - the rule was changed to not allow this.

Why are Eastbourne not running with a rider in the 8.01 or above category (enough to go round, apparently) but using a #1 who could be another team's also-runner?

Edited by Barney Rabbit

they didn't want in in the current format if the formats changed who's to say they haven't changed there mind ???

Rick Frost has said he will not compete at the top level without Bjerre so that pretty much rules them out of the elite league , but assuming the rumours that Coventry are back in the fold are true perhaps theres a chance of a turn round and there will be room in the premier league , It would certainly be a sad state of affairs if the only outcome of the recent battles was the demise of peterborough speedway altogether .

It should be 42.5 and left there for the next 5 years and looked at a year in advance before setting it for year 6.......

No, it should be 43, and left for two years, then reviewed.

Rick Frost has said he will not compete at the top level without Bjerre so that pretty much rules them out of the elite league , but assuming the rumours that Coventry are back in the fold are true perhaps theres a chance of a turn round and there will be room in the premier league , It would certainly be a sad state of affairs if the only outcome of the recent battles was the demise of peterborough speedway altogether .

Agree. Will be great to see both clubs in the EL next season. Two of the best tracks in the Country and we could possibly not see one or both in 2011. If it was Lakeside and Belle Vue then there wouldn't be such a big fuss. :o:lol:

Rick Frost has said he will not compete at the top level without Bjerre so that pretty much rules them out of the elite league , but assuming the rumours that Coventry are back in the fold are true perhaps theres a chance of a turn round and there will be room in the premier league ,

premier !!! all there worthwhile premier assets have been loaned out

Agree. Will be great to see both clubs in the EL next season. Two of the best tracks in the Country and we could possibly not see one or both in 2011. If it was Lakeside and Belle Vue then there wouldn't be such a big fuss. :o:lol:

Again yourspeculating Dogstar, imo this will not happen unless there is a big climbdown by the two clubs. That said, Peterbourgh have already said they will not be running EL.

Again yourspeculating Dogstar, imo this will not happen unless there is a big climbdown by the two clubs. That said, Peterbourgh have already said they will not be running EL.

Maybe I should have said 'would' be great and not 'will' be great. Of course I'm speculating. I know as much about the current situation as everyone else on this forum and that's jack s""t. :lol:

I think the Team Building average is just plain stupid Phil.

hmm it could be a way out, both sides have to be seen to win, EVEN IF coventry have a good case, it will do no one any good for the BSPA to be humiliated.

i assume we have a good case because both pratt & rossiter have been around a long while.

Colin Pratt i would suspect know if things were right and wrong

That assumes Peterborough have agreed the loan of Bjerre, which i read the statement as saying they haven't.

Edited by essaitch

Where??