British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

So what has happened? Have Coventry finally backed down to give their long suffering fans a happy Christmas by announcing what everyone knew? That Coventry have announced they are coming to tapes in 20011. I hope so.

So what has happened? Have Coventry finally backed down to give their long suffering fans a happy Christmas by announcing what everyone knew? That Coventry have announced they are coming to tapes in 20011. I hope so.

actually i havent heared it announced!

they definately won't have backed down, it will be more likely that certain criteria will have been changed, and because no announcement about rules etc was officially made by the bspa following the agm, all that will happen is they will now announce the 'new' rules just as if they had come direct from the agm, saving face in the process(or so they believe)

they definately won't have backed down, it will be more likely that certain criteria will have been changed, and because no announcement about rules etc was officially made by the bspa following the agm, all that will happen is they will now announce the 'new' rules just as if they had come direct from the agm, saving face in the process(or so they believe)

Indeed, even as we speak a corner of the carpet is being lifted and a large broom produced.

actually i havent heared it announced!

Well I have. :lol: Twice. :approve:

It was the lead story on the Sports news.Announced as breaking news.'The BBC understands that the Coventry Bees have reached an agreement with the governing body :rolleyes: the BSPA ,and will line up in the Elite league next year,with an official announcement expected within the next 24 hours.'Yep not official but perhaps 99% certain. :lol: There was no mention of either Peterborough (fingers crossed) or what if any rules had changed.

If the Bees are back because they've backed down, it'll be a victory for Matt Ford and the BSPA and their staunch vigilance against rulebreaking non-speedway men. If the Bees are back because the BSPA have backed down, it'll be a victory for Matt Ford and the BSPA in their benevolence and charity towards bully-boy non-speedway men.

But the other Promoters know the rules that were adopted at the AGM

and have been building their teams to that criteria.

all you have to do is make shamek a 4 and add a point to the team building job done, effects no one

certain riders have been signed, but as far as i am aware no team is completed, leaving room open for say the points limit to be raised, or leaving the pl el % at 50 and saying it was being raised in 12 months time etc. same with averages like pawlicki staying on 4 with the stipulation that from this season the rule has been changed to 8 meetings for an average etc. these are only examples i am thinking of and i do not claim to know that this is what has happened

More fool them: you should never start team-building before

..the last season ends

..the pre-AGM

..the AGM

..the bribes & brown-envelopes

..the legal challenge

..the arbitration

..the reconciliation

..& Shovlar sings (or croaks)!

:D

Edited by DarrenCook

And very warily with an eye to possible alterations I'd say. Which rider currently signed wouldn't have been signed regardless of points limit?

Edited by Barney Rabbit

True enough. Teams have been bilding to 40 points so to change it would cause carnage. Poole woould have been able to have kept Bjarne and other teams further along might have been able to make different decisions in the building of their sides.

End of the day we need as many clubs in the EL as possible, but Coventry have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

True enough. Teams have been bilding to 40 points so to change it would cause carnage. Poole woould have been able to have kept Bjarne and other teams further along might have been able to make different decisions in the building of their sides.

End of the day we need as many clubs in the EL as possible, but Coventry have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

We will follow the same rules when they are applied