British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Sandhu and Frost have given the BSPA the option of going to court. The BSPA have obviously been advised that it would not be wise for them to go down that route.

,,,,,,,,,,,,OR it could be that the penny has finally dropped and Sandhu has at last realised that the very best he can hope for in court is a Pyrrhic victory that costs him a lot of money to achieve very little in the long run, whatever short-term mileage he thinks he gets from it

Assuming Cov (and hopefully Pboro) both return to the EL for 2011 whether a compromise has been made or the original AGM rules remain - surely we should accept the fact that the outcome has finally been resolved 'amicably' and that all EL members of the BSPA have kissed and made up.

I would suggest that should this be the case we should all be able to live with it too...and if so, roll on March 2011 (despite the points limit)...

There's a very good chance that none of us may be happy with the outcome but, as supporters, we have to live with any decisions taken today as we had no input into the goings-on of this close season.

The scars of this winter might never heal either on this forum or at the BSPA but if we get a hot, dry summer with some great racing (and hopefully a British world champion - come on Chris) it'll hopefully take our minds off it.

Edited by eastern wolf

Neither of the three parties is going to put out a press release stating "hostile", "begrudgingly", "undemocraticaly", "against all that we believe in" etc, are they?

Whether Peterborough are back or not we don't know. We hope there's ten teams in the EL next season without a doubt. But I just hope for the sports sake that the rules made at the AGM are adhered to and no fudge has been made to bring these two clubs back into the fold. That would do the sport no good at all.

Hopefully both sides have realised that things have gone too far and are now having a 'real' AGM where they can actually talk to each other...

Regarding your second point, I wonder why you are so intransigient - I would suggest you have a massage or something. :D

,,,,,,,,,,,,OR it could be that the penny has finally dropped and Sandhu has at last realised that the very best he can hope for in court is a Pyrrhic victory that costs him a lot of money to achieve very little in the long run, whatever short-term mileage he thinks he gets from it

Isn't it more the case the BSPA have realised there in the crap and have to start listening?

Hopefully both sides have realised that things have gone too far and are now having a 'real' AGM where they can actually talk to each other...

Regarding your second point, I wonder why you are so intransigient - I would suggest you have a massage or something. :D

I believe a new AGM and new set of rules, achieved democractically, is the way forward

Surely Steve knows a good masseuse?

I believe a new AGM and new set of rules, achieved democractically, is the way forward

Surely Steve knows a good masseuse?

That's funny I thought we'd already tried "democratically" and Cov and Pet didn't like it. Come on, essaitch, give it up now.

Or at least give us your explanation of democracy.

Edited by eastern wolf

I can see some fudge coming along, like Larsen and Sundtsrom exempt because they signed before the rule was brought in, and Pawlicki given a 5.0 to appease the worst promotion ever to grace the EL.

Looks like shrewd team-building by the Bees!!!!

Fat Maud out-foxed again! :D

That's funny I thought we'd already tried "democratically" and Cov and Pet didn't like it. Come on, essaitch, give it up now.

Or at least give us your explanation of democracy.

Democracy will be a free vote without threats or bullying

I'm sure you know the saying EW - 'If at first you don't succeed then try and try again'...

The 'real' AGM is going on right now....

Democracy will be a free vote without threats or bullying

Bloody hell, there could be another hundred posts in this one yet!! :D:wink:

Regards, Martin

Edited by Beeone

Am I the only one who thinks having slightly sinister promoters and larger-than-life team managers is good for the sport? Can you imagine if every team had invisible promoters and managers like Middleditch (Steve McClaren) and Geer (David Pleat)? No great spectacle at all!

I'm sure you know the saying EW - 'If at first you don't succeed then try and try again'...

The 'real' AGM is going on right now....

I really hope last May's democracy is declared undemocratic then and we can have another go at it till we get the result I want!! :P

Edited by eastern wolf

Totally agree. I can see some fudge coming along, like Larsen and Sundtsrom exempt because they signed before the rule was brought in, and Pawlicki given a 5.0 to appease the worst promotion ever to grace the EL.

Yes, and new riders on a 5 not 4 i'd imagine

Yes, and new riders on a 5 not 4 i'd imagine

But you can't make a rule that would punish only one team!

Because I believe in democracy. What I don't like is people not accepting the results of a democratic vote and by the use of force or money changing what was democratically voted in.