British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Oh, panicking now... quoting rules that were already in the rulebook yet miraculously never applied, claiming that a team that starts a season is a re-declaration, holding onto the BSPA are, were, and always will be right... it's the best pantomime I've seen for years!

I fail to see how Shoveler can quote this rubbish, Fact have the minuites of the meeting been posted anywhere for the public to see, Answer ?.

Has the names of the recorded vote been posted anywhere so the public to see, Answer ?.

Guess that if The Poole shoveler can quote the facts as he does! he must have been so far up where the sun doesnt shine of Fat Maud that he was technically in the AGM.

The source is Big Ron's comments where he quoted the teams who wanted 45 points - and Eastbourne weren't one of them! So don't really need any minutes when someone at the meeting is commenting in the public domain.

from what i can gather from shovlar that is ok for poole to bring in a "ringer" on a 4.00 average next season, but by god its a disgrace if anyone else could do it!

as ive said all along shamek does not have an average, therfore he should be assessed, the issue is that WE ALL NOW 4.00 is too low, solution was to make the assessed 6.00, coventry could not complain, but no we get a "made up average" and poole get there ringer in on a 4.00!

thats why its not right.

totally appreciate that 4 was too low but why havent they addresssed the REAL PROBLEM of shameks average? played the man not the ball, and we all know the answer is certain promoters wanted to bring guys in on a 4

All teams are guilty of it in the past but the loophole has now been sealed. Pawlicki gets an average of 6.18.

Hmmm... I think that might be a little dated now. Press release might come as a shock..

S.R. 17.1.1.2

A Rider who has an established CMA will wait until the next cut-off date (see SR 17.1.1.3), although if no new CMA is achieved by the end of Season, then in the following Season the previous Seasons established CMA will apply.

A Rider with an Assessed CMA will be issued with a CMA after completing 12 fixtures

S.R.17.4.1.2

Refers to re-declarded teams. A new season is classed as 'declared' not re-declared and therefore this rule is not applicable in these circustances.

Really? So what happens when a rider only does 7 meetings this season? They change the rules to 6 meetings need for a CMA. The the following season a rider does 5 meetings, so they change ot to 5 meetings for a CMA. You can surely see whre this is going. It's always possible for a rider to do 1 less meeting than the cut off.

Surely the answer is 12 (or it could be any other number you chose) match rolling averages. A rider who starts on an assessed average and has not ridden 12 matches will be given a GSA based in part on actual performance and part on his assessed averages.

For example: A McCoy is given a 5 point assessed average. After 4 matches he has scored 5 points from 13 rides. Add the notional 40 (8 matches @ 5 points) from 32 rides (8 matches @ 4 rides per match) and you have 45 points from 45 rides for a GSA of 4.

In this example a rider who is struggling and might have started in the main body of the team would get the chance to drop down to reserve much earlier than under the current system.

[nb I'd consider using different rules for the close season as I'd be worried about too many riders finishing the season with 12 poor scores in order to give themselves a more attractive average for team building. I'd also be interested in what our Swedish contributors experiences of the use of rolling averages in the Elitserien is]

Taken from the CET

Coventry have been given dramatic fresh hope of resuming speedway competition in the Elite League next season.

A joint statement was issued yesterday evening between the Buildbase Bees, fellow outcasts Peterborough and, crucially, the BSPA, which indicates that a resolution could still be found to the problems emerging from the recent AGM.

The various parties have come together for the first time since the Bournemouth conference last month, and while there is no confirmation of the Bees and the Panthers returning to the league, the fact that there is dialogue has to be seen as positive.

It was previously stated that the Elite League would simply run with eight clubs next season, without Coventry and Peterborough, and with newcomers King’s Lynn elevated to the top level following the AGM.

There does now appear to be serious hope of that situation changing, although with the Christmas period on the way it is highly unlikely that anything will be resolved ahead of the New Year.

The statement read: “We are pleased to inform fans of speedway that the BSPA, Coventry Bees and Peterborough Panthers have held discussions with a view to resolving the issues that have arisen between them.

“We are at this stage unable to relay any information as to the nature or the content of those discussions but we can confirm that all of the parties remain committed to resolving the matter amicably.

“We thank all of the fans of speedway, the commercial partners and the members for their patience during this time.”

Peterborough’s top two riders from last season, Kenneth Bjerre and Niels-Kristian Iversen, have already been declared as starters with King’s Lynn, but none of Coventry’s title-winning line-up are fixed up elsewhere in the top flight as yet, although Ben Barker is known to be on the verge of a move to Premier League Plymouth with the intention also of doubling-up in the Elite

Why do you insist on babbling on about this "double dip"? Is it because you view a "single dip" as being acceptable? I'd have wanted Pawlicki's average reviewed regardless of the outcome of the EL Final, would you? Or would a Poole victory last October have left you (and Matt Ford) ambivalent towards Pawlicki's average?

To be honest, the points limit doesn't bother me and nor does the EL-PL conversion rate; the only rule that interests me is Pawlicki's average and it's not because of some anti-Coventry or anti-Sandhu agenda I have, it's because to me it lacks integrity. It lacked integrity when wolbert missed an Edinburgh meeting the season before last and should have been addressed at the 2009 AGM.

Firstly you have conveniently overlooked Hougaard from the previous year I see.Perhaps you should ask why Wolbert's average was overlooked last time.Maybe it was because he rode for Edinburgh,maybe it was because their promoter just happened to be the Chairman of the BSPA,maybe just maybe. :rolleyes:

Now this forum has had huge arguments over these past weeks,between the anti/pro Coventry factions.But on one point there has been near universal agreement (even with the anti-Coventry faction)that the Bees broke NO rule at all with Pawlicki.Every thing they did was permitted under the rules agreed by everyone.The rules specifically state I believe that any rider can be replaced by a number 8 at anytime,without any need for a sick/doctors note.

Speedway is a competitive sport,not some Church gathering,teams in all sports will seek to use the rules to their maximum advantage.

So who was the driving force behind this?Yep Matt Ford,a promoter who has made his name by using rules to his advantage,indeed some Poole fans have admitted,he would have done exactly the same under those circumstances.Indeed if Poole had done the same thing,what do you think Matt's lapdog would have said.

A)What Poole did is clearly wrong,and I feel deep shame that my club have resorted to such underhand tactics.I simply can't condone what Matt has done here.or

B)Matt again proves what a tactical genius he is,and is the reason why Poole are the best team in the league/Country/World/Universe blah blah. :P

Go figure.

Edited by houdi

Taken from the CET

Coventry have been given dramatic fresh hope of resuming speedway competition in the Elite League next season.

A joint statement was issued yesterday evening between the Buildbase Bees, fellow outcasts Peterborough and, crucially, the BSPA, which indicates that a resolution could still be found to the problems emerging from the recent AGM.

The various parties have come together for the first time since the Bournemouth conference last month, and while there is no confirmation of the Bees and the Panthers returning to the league, the fact that there is dialogue has to be seen as positive.

It was previously stated that the Elite League would simply run with eight clubs next season, without Coventry and Peterborough, and with newcomers King’s Lynn elevated to the top level following the AGM.

There does now appear to be serious hope of that situation changing, although with the Christmas period on the way it is highly unlikely that anything will be resolved ahead of the New Year.

The statement read: “We are pleased to inform fans of speedway that the BSPA, Coventry Bees and Peterborough Panthers have held discussions with a view to resolving the issues that have arisen between them.

“We are at this stage unable to relay any information as to the nature or the content of those discussions but we can confirm that all of the parties remain committed to resolving the matter amicably.

“We thank all of the fans of speedway, the commercial partners and the members for their patience during this time.”

Peterborough’s top two riders from last season, Kenneth Bjerre and Niels-Kristian Iversen, have already been declared as starters with King’s Lynn, but none of Coventry’s title-winning line-up are fixed up elsewhere in the top flight as yet, although Ben Barker is known to be on the verge of a move to Premier League Plymouth with the intention also of doubling-up in the Elite

And despite some on here saying that an agreement has been reached with the BSPA backing down :D , the above shows that it hasn't happened but it would suggest that all 3 parties expect the matters to be resolved. :approve:

Let's hope the agreement is fair and final, and that the Bees are back in the EL.

Here's one for all you Sandhu and Trump lovers out there.

From the 2010 rulebook.

Where a team have been issued with new CMA's as per S.R. 17.1.1.1 which includes riders who have not achieved 12 fixtures but have ridden in a minimum of 8, than a new CMA will be used in the case of a re-declaration if the new CMA is higher.

What happens at the beginning of every season? Redeclaration?

Pawlicki gets an average, as does every other rider that rode between 8 & 11 meetings.

Next!!

WRONG!!!

That rule is to stop mid-season cheating like Poole's in 2009. :approve:

When a team starts a new season it's classed as a redeclaration.

WRONG!!! Each new season there's a new declaration:

17.4 TEAM DECLARATIONS

17.4.1 Teams must declare their Team prior to the start of the Season.

Grasping at straws, Steve! :D

Knowing Tony Mole as we all do, do you think he's that daft?

I'll confess to being biased in his favour as he saved 2 clubs that I supported from going bust but I reckon he's got his head screwed on the right way.

Tony mole is not daft at all . neither is buster chapman . difference is tony has not been saying for the last few years that he is not interested in the elite league it's too expensive . and tony mole had already joined the elite league before this problem arose . so draw your own conclusions why KL joined the elite when only a few days before were set fair for the premier league .

And despite some on here saying that an agreement has been reached with the BSPA backing down :D , the above shows that it hasn't happened but it would suggest that all 3 parties expect the matters to be resolved. :approve:

Let's hope the agreement is fair and final, and that the Bees are back in the EL.

I agree with your sentiments, but sadly, after seeing the forum bickering from both sides there will be some that claim this as a 'victory' for their side, which will of course lead to more sniping from those who see themselves as 'losers'.

If the Elite League does expand from the current 8 teams, then the Elite League and all it's supporters are the real winners.

I just hope that the Shovlars and Cookes etc. can lay down their arms and accept a Christmas armistice.

ATB

Dave

I wish people would stop using the 2010 rule book to argue their points as it's totally irrelevant as the discussions are around 2011. For all we know the whole thing could have been re-written.

When a team starts a new season it's classed as a redeclaration.

Is that the dimmest post from the dimmest poster ever?