British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Steve, it most probably will be but you can't know that for sure until the regulations are released.

You're just guessing

No I am not.

The only angry ones appear to be Steven Shovlar and Eastern Wolf, with sporadic fire from others. Everyone needs to relax and have a happy Christmas!

I like the conspiracy theory that someone posted.....effectively it was all a stitch up to get others into the EL, and Tsunami suggestions about Plymouth....

NOT angry at all thanks. In fact a very happy chap as off on hols with my family very shortly. :approve: Just because I have a different opinion doesn't mean I am raging here on my PC with steam coming out of my ears. :lol:

And when it is sorted out lets hope all the egos on either side are just pleased there is an outcome and there is no 'victory' parade carried out on here

Surely everyone wants as many teams in the EL as possible?

Would it not be a majority vote rather than just one club being against?

To preclude the possibility of a further legal challenge I would imagine all eight clubs would need to agree to any changes made, including the inclusion of Coventry (and possibly Peterborough). If a single club says no then I doubt anything can be done.

When agreement is announced(after clearance of the other 8 EL teams) might it look like this.

40 points limit - no change as other teams have already been started and any change now would create problems. Agreed

Conversion rate - 60% EL to PL, 50% PL to EL - it affects only Kings Lynn with Topinka but gives them more points for their final rider; next year 50% for DU & 60% for moving up full time.

Foreigners - 4, 5 & 8 to be 5, 6 & 8 next year

Riders over 8 - daft, scrap it - as 40 points is sufficient regulation - we know Nikki Pedersen wants back & maybe other GP riders want to sharpen up?

8 match averages - scrap them & bring in a more sophisticated rule next year: Pawlicki stays a 4, Kerr 3.24 (& offset Dennis Andersson on the 4 point foreigner cheat).

Independant Speedway management panel - no need, just have a rule that any new regulations must be agreed a year in advance & be part of a properly presented three-year plan

No knee-jerk reaction to a fantastic 2010 EL victory for Coventry!

Edited by DarrenCook

Hmm, so where is the Statement we were all expecting, i do hope this is not a false claim, for the Coventry fans sake, otherwise there could be some very angry fans!!

You can't help yourself can you?! :rolleyes:

Where in yesterdays official statements did it say that there would be an announcement today....nowhere, discussions are taking place is what was said, personally I doubt there will be a final statement before Christmas , much as I would like it to be sooner.

Regards, Martin

Edited for clarity, to add the word "official"

Edited by Beeone

Wonder what the hold up is, we were told that the meeting was being held on Monday 20/12/10 with a press release 24 hrs later,48 hrs later still nothing except speculation. The longer this silence carries on the less likely it will be good news IMO.

Sorry Martin, I didn't read your post (above :oops: )probably read somewhere on here about the time scale,still the silence is deafening

Edited by hyderd

Wonder what the hold up is, we were told that the meeting was being held on Monday 20/12/10 with a press release 24 hrs later,48 hrs later still nothing except speculation. The longer this silence carries on the less likely it will be good news IMO.

Sorry Martin, I didn't read your post (above :oops: )probably read somewhere on here about the time scale,still the silence is deafening

Sure it says unlikely before new year.

Blimey I nearly fell off my chair..................someone on the BSF being polite :D

Certainly no need to aplogise to me, I was just having a pop at the Poole numpty who can't help but put the boot in at every opportunity.

Merry Christmas by the way!!

Regards, Martin

You can't help yourself can you?! :rolleyes:

Where in yesterdays statements did it say that there would be an announcement today....nowhere, discussions are taking place is what was said, personally I doubt there will be a final statement before Christmas , much as I would like it to be sooner.

Regards, Martin

Well Hydred has backed me up, and according to the Radio that PhilfromCov was listening to Coventry were going to make a press release/anouncement/ Statement today. So where is it?

The longer this goes on!!! I got a funny idea those who are reading the Christmas Tree like a Crystal Ball are getting the wrong messages, because i as hard as ive tried can't find a statement on around under the Chrismas Tree that says Coventry are DEFINATELY racing next season!!! :unsure: You have to ask the Question, where did this come from, who's doing the spouting???

Well Hydred has backed me up, and according to the Radio that PhilfromCov was listening to Coventry were going to make a press release/anouncement/ Statement today. So where is it?

No, I think you'll find it was to be a statement within the next twenty-four hours and there was a statement issued within that time frame on the Peterborough, Coventry and BSPA websites. It was a bland statement that said very little, other that talks were on-going and that all remained hopeful of an amicable solution. It looks like the BBC jumped the gun, or maybe a hitch developed, such as maybe someone pointing out that the pre-existing eight clubs would all have to agree to accepting the two clubs back into the fold.

Edited by ladyluck

The longer this goes on!!! I got a funny idea those who are reading the Christmas Tree like a Crystal Ball are getting the wrong messages, because i as hard as ive tried can't find a statement on around under the Chrismas Tree that says Coventry are DEFINATELY racing next season!!! :unsure: You have to ask the Question, where did this come from, who's doing the spouting???

The only official statements made yesterday were on the websites of Peterborough, Coventry and the BSPA, the fact that a local radio station picked it up and ran a story around it has no official clout at all and I would suggest that some journalistic license was exercised by the station in question. I should have put the word official in my previous post (now amended)as that would have made clear that I do not consider a local radio report as being that.

Regards, Martin

Edited by Beeone

DEFINITELY :D

The only official statements made yesterday were on the websites of Peterborough, Coventry and the BSPA, the fact that a local radio station picked it up and ran a story around it has no official clout at all and I would suggest that some journalistic license was exercised by the station in question. I should have put the word official in my previous post (now amended)as that would have made clear that I do not consider a local radio report as being that.

Regards, Martin

Well, you were all going loopy when PhilfromCov wrote what he heard, and some of you Coventry fans were convinced there is a message in that Christmas Tree, im making a trip back to Specsavers after Christmas to complain as theres something wrong with these Glasses!! :blink:

Well, you were all going loopy when PhilfromCov wrote what he heard, and some of you Coventry fans were convinced there is a message in that Christmas Tree, im making a trip back to Specsavers after Christmas to complain as theres something wrong with these Glasses!! :blink:

I would ask them to exchange them for some with clear lenses , the blue tinted ones are distorting your view

Some were going loopy. I was certainly not. I posted in various places, not just on BSF that I will celebrate when there is something (concrete removed this word so as not to encourage contruction site gags :wink: ) positive and officially announced to celebrate!

Regards, Martin