British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

I've had more mature conversation with my cousins tonight, they're all under the age of 13 too. Most of the last 3 or 4 pages are pathetic. :rolleyes:

The Pawlicki manipulation shouldn't change because they manipulated beyond all reasonable behaviour.

Just my opinion of course.

While my opinion is that the BSPA were right to address the Pawlicki situation and I have no argument with their decision (personally, to be fair, I would have calculated Pawlicki's average on the basis of him having four non-scoring rides in the "missed meeting"), I wouldn't say that they "manipulated beyond all reasonable behaviour". They did what just about every other promoter in a similar situation would have done.

It's a bit of a sad reflection on the promoters.

I've had more mature conversation with my cousins tonight, they're all under the age of 13 too. Most of the last 3 or 4 pages are pathetic. :rolleyes:

I can't help but wonder if your cousins would reciprocate.

Edited by ladyluck

The only garbage on this forum is enough to fill the dustbins in the whole of Dorset never mind the 1 near Sherborne.

Some people are irked that i'm not backing up my claim with evidence.

To do so would betray a trust.

Some people here will be decent enough to respect that.

Then there are the others..........................:rolleyes:

Some Coventry ( and Peterborough by the look of it) thkink that the whole rules made at the AGM are going to be scrapped. That couldn't be further from the turth.

Teams are already building to 40. That cannot change because the makeup of the riders already signed by some teams might have been very different. Plus it was voted in

democratically.

The PL/EL conversion won't change simply because again

many teams have and are building to this rule.

The one above 8 rule again shouldn't change. But we will

see if it is true that Coventry signed Andersen and Harris and are determined to keep them both. If this is true Coventry are a total disgrace to the sport. Especially when it is well known that at least one other club is struggling to

sign a number one.

The Pawlicki manipulation shouldn't change because they

manipulated beyond all reasonable behaviour.

So where does Coventry threaten the BSPA? They want 45 points? They can't have it. Other clubs voted against it simple as that. If they bully the BSPA to change to 45

points while every other club builds to 40, what would that do to the league in 2011? Make it a total joke. Teams should turn up at Brandon with 7 PL 6 pointers as a silent

protest for the season.

They want the conversion rate returned to 50%? Too late

teams are building within the 60% rule. PL clubs won't vote it out because riders such as Gjedde have already been signed. They simply won't get a vote in their favour.

The one above 8 rule? Well it could be changed but how

do you think the Coventry Bees would be viewed by the remaining 9 clubs and their fans, when possibly two clubs

go without a single number one rider?

The Pawlicki average manipulation could be overlooked,

but I know of several promoters who would be up in arms if he was allowed in on a 4.

If Coventry get any of these rules changed to their favour, never again will they be trusted or looked on favourably.

Bully boy tactics backed with wealth might win the fight but in the long term they will b=never win the war, and scars will run very deep with many a promoter after all this.

Just my opinion of course.

The last line pretty much renders everything above it inaccurate.

No. You are now trying to bend the argument you lost. You said the BSPA asked for mediation. That is a lie. Sandhu asked for mediation as proved in the link I gave. He knew that without it there would be no speedway at Brandon in 2011.

Colin Cooke is right, you are wrong. Dismissed.

Edited by no-brakes-uk

The last line pretty much renders everything above it inaccurate.

Would be interesting to know who provided the opinion. It reads like a BSPA press release and I've heard bits of that recently at various times.

Edited by Crump99

Colin Cooke is right. You are wrong. Dismissed.

Colin Cooke is right, you are wrong. Dismissed.

at least someone has the intelligence to know it.:D

Why break the habits of a lifetime?

Why break the habits of a lifetime?

what's wrong with quoting all of the post BFD?

of course, it would break the habit of a lifetime.:D

Edited by colincooke

of course, it would break the habit of a lifetime.:D

Yep, I've never known you to back up any of your claims yet.

Yep, I've never known you to back up any of your claims yet.

yep, & the whole of that post tells you why?

I respect people.

The only garbage on this forum is enough to fill the dustbins in the whole of Dorset never mind the 1 near Sherborne.

To do so would betray a trust.

Some people here will be decent enough to respect that.

Then there are the others..........................:rolleyes:

Colin,

In my opinion, you have already betrayed their trust by making your claims on here.

Which makes you no better than others who are doing the same.

ATB

Dave

yep, & the whole of that post tells you why?

I respect people.

You respect people enough to post what they tell you, presumably not intended to be circulated, but out of respect for them you wont drop them in it?

Surely if you respected them you wouldnt post in the first place? There are a lot of people around who know things but they dont say them because it would be rude. Theres also a lot of people who pretend to know things and dont

I hope there is an Official Press release very soon because this has turned into the most boring self-opinionated thread I've seen on here.

Unfortunately, I fear the Press release will be followed by an equally boring thread of epic "told you so" proportions ! :rolleyes:

Colin,

In my opinion, you have already betrayed their trust by making your claims on here.

Which makes you no better than others who are doing the same.

ATB

Dave

My sentiments exactly, Gambo. Attempting to claim any high moral ground while circulating scurrilous unfounded gossip just doesn't gel with me.