British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

So you would consider comparing someone to Steve Shovlar is a smear ? what does that say about shovlar .

You are not dealing with the facts again.

I did not say that, it was obviously intended by you as a smear and that was my point, nothing to do with whether it was a valid comment. I agree with Steve on some issues and not others, pretty much the same as I do with a lot of posters.

Edited by Aces51

When has he ever? :rolleyes:

His view or no view.

When has he ever? :rolleyes:

His view or no view.

You should'nt talk about yourself like that Steve .

Yes Steve. You sussed me. only 30 years as a rider, manager, sponsor and very little else. I'm a complete novice at this.

Arise sir John Harry?

I did not say that, it was obviously intended by you as a smear and that was my point, nothing to do with whether it was a valid comment. I agree with Steve on some issues and not others, pretty much the same as I do with a lot of posters.

Well I say you did and it's my view or no view. you should know that Steve just told you

Arise sir John Harry?

do you mean John Harrhy ?

Well I say you did and it's my view or no view. you should know that Steve just told you

Ok, I give up, there's no point if those who have a different view can't even try to put forward a reasoned argument to support what they say.

You could just say that you have re-read it and I am right, there is no embarassement in admitting you might be wrong occasionally.

Edited by Aces51

do you mean John Harrhy ?

John Harrhy was riding in the 1970's so it would be 40 not 30 years as a rider etc.

....except Grachan has already proved that in theory it's best to have seven riders of equal ability (i.e. 7 x 5.71).

All Grachan has proved (and so has SCB come to that) is that looking at composite averages in isolation is meaningless when assessing team strengths.

You have to look at the home and away averages as separate entities but take them both into account when team building. A rider who averages 5.72 at home and 5.70 away is in no sense comparable to one who averages 7,72 at home and 3.72 away.

If your No 3 and No 4 both average 5.72 the chances are that one or other has scored a lot of bonus points team riding the other one home.

A riders average is a loose guide to his ability, nothing more.

Come to think of it, there's no point in signing a No1 on an 8.39 average if he only scores 4 in the play-off final. Might as well sign a 4-point Polesmile.gif

Edited by Custer Mouse

Ok, I give up, there's no point if those who have a different view can't even try to put forward a reasoned argument to support what they say.

You could just say that you have re-read it and I am right, there is no embarassement in admitting you might be wrong occasionally.

Well I laughed anyway.

They also stick together in a swarm following a 'leader' who takes them to their hives

Funny I've never really understood the relevance of the nickname before...but this winter has really explained a lot! :lol:

........... and then we make honey that tastes................... hold on a minute while i savour it.

aaaaaahhhhh so sweet.:approve:

It was nice to stick to the facts for a while, wasn't it?

The simple truth is that, short of a FoI request (which would probably be turned down on commercial confidentiality) we'll never know what Kings Lynn were offered to come up. However, it's a very naive person who thinks they got the same deal as everyone else. And it's fun to speculate.

I've had a few to's and fro's with Aces51 on here in the past few days, and he's fair-minded and willing to agree to disagree. This puts him leagues above certain others of a lupine or privateering persuasion.

What I really want to know is when is Shovlar off to Barbados? Or is it a moveable feast, ie when the BSPA announce Coventry's return for 2011? :)

That'd be crap. Do you know how I'd beat that team?

My top 6 would not drop a point would they? They'd beat everyone of your riders. My number 7 wouldn't beat anyone, but he'd only have 3 rides s I'd have three last and a load of wins and pair wins. My team would win 69-21 or 69-23 if you use a TR, but, I'd stop you using a succesful TR, I'd put my number 7 in heats 1, 2 and 4 and then replace my number 7 with my number 6 in his programmed rides :P

I'd be a point below the limit and would beat Grachans team 69-21, based on my stronger 1,2 and 6 (plus 3,4 and 5).

Quite right...........I did point out to Grachan that:

...would beat his team & yours. :D