British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

It was nice to stick to the facts for a while, wasn't it?

The simple truth is that, short of a FoI request (which would probably be turned down on commercial confidentiality) we'll never know what Kings Lynn were offered to come up. However, it's a very naive person who thinks they got the same deal as everyone else. And it's fun to speculate.

I've had a few to's and fro's with Aces51 on here in the past few days, and he's fair-minded and willing to agree to disagree. This puts him leagues above certain others of a lupine or privateering persuasion.

Hmm...... So in summary it's:

1. Nice to stick to the facts (but only for a while).Followed by:-

2. An admission that we'll never really know what (if any) deal KL were offered, but nevertheless:-

3 Those who don't think the got the same deal as everybody else can still be dismissed as being naive despite the fact that none of us actually know. Still even though we don't know the facts:-

4.Its fun to speculate (in other words lie about, fantasize,embellish, exaggerate) under a pretense of knowledge. But still:-

4 Aces 51 is a fair-minded chap even though he wants to stick to the facts and not put a slant on things to suit his own position, but at the same time must be a bit naive because he won't condemn the KL situation out of hand.

Quite a mass of contradictions there.

You must have very lenient schools in Dorset as that's twice you've taken your daughter away during term time in the last couple of months. :wink:

Considering what I pay for my daughters education I am sure that missing three days of school will not cause any problems.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I've had a few to's and fro's with Aces51 on here in the past few days, and he's fair-minded and willing to agree to disagree. This puts him leagues above certain others of a lupine or privateering persuasion.

Thank you Mr. Boon. I appreciate that complimentary comments are rare on this forum but, likewise, I respect anyone who, like yourself, puts forward reasoned arguments to support their opinions, whether I agree with them or not.

Now about that stupid idea you had about .................. ;)

Blimey, I have just read Custer Mouse's commets above, I have obviously been deceived and blinded by your pretended kindness. :D On the other hand I will take it at face value, it is so rare to receive any words of encouragement, especially here in the home for the bewildered.

Edited to add final paragraph after reading Custer Mouse's post.

Edited by Aces51

This post demonstrates a few interesting points:

1/. The poster thinks this is a Cricket thread.

2/. The poster has no respect for his fellow forum-members, being too lazy to edit his appalling grammar and spelling.

3/. The poster has a chip on his shoulder about Australians, probably due to his own inadequacies.

What's it like living in the UK's biggest Open Nick then BFD?wink.gif

Hmm...... So in summary it's:

1. Nice to stick to the facts (but only for a while).

Yes, it is. And anything else you should preface with "in my opinion" or a similar statement

2. An admission that we'll never really know what (if any) deal KL were offered, but nevertheless:-

That's true, isn't it?

3 Those who don't think the got the same deal as everybody else can still be dismissed as being naive despite the fact that none of us actually know. Still even though we don't know the facts:-

I stand by this. As fact :)

4.Its fun to speculate (in other words lie about, fantasize,embellish, exaggerate) under a pretense of knowledge. But still:-

isn't that what this board is about? And I operate undert he conditions spelled out in point 1.

4 Aces 51 is a fair-minded chap even though he wants to stick to the facts and not put a slant on things to suit his own position, but at the same time must be a bit naive because he won't condemn the KL situation out of hand.

As far as I know, Aces51 has no strong opinion on whether KL got a "special" deal. If he does, then I may overlook it because he's a nice chap

Quite a mass of contradictions there.

Quite

Ah, peace at last, were back to the original Discusion, COVENTRY, Perhaps they all took turns to go out and make phone calls! But ang on, they never came back, must have been a bloody L O N G phone call!!! :unsure::blink: so where did the go? For an Indian, Chinese Mc Donalds? Or did they just have the hump, because things didn't fall their way?? Answers on a postcard!! ;)

yeah that's right they went out for a curry & your two bit hairdresser of a promoter locked the bloody door.

Maybe not the facts bit it'll do for me.:D

Why do people put a reason for their edits? Never understood that.

Not edited as post was spot and indeed on.

If you mean me then perhaps my sense of humour is lost on you.

yeah that's right they went out for a curry & your two bit hairdresser of a promoter locked the bloody door.

Maybe not the facts bit it'll do for me.:D

Yes you keep sprouting rubbish like your promotion. :lol:

And for your information Matt Ford has never been a hairdresser. Probably a little beyond your comprehension though.

And while you take the P out of hairdressers, I would like to remind you it's a skilled job with an apprenticeship. What do you do? Post letters through boxes? I call that a glorified paperboy.

:lol:

Edited by Steve Shovlar

If you mean me then perhaps my sense of humour is lost on you.

I wasn't aware you were trying to do a joke. But alot of people do the "edited for" thing so I meant in general but yours prompted me.

Yes you keep sprouting rubbish like your promotion. :lol:

And for your information Matt Ford has never been a hairdresser. Probably a little beyond your comprehension though.

And while you take the P out of hairdressers, I would like to remind you it's a skilled job with an apprenticeship. What do you do? Post letters through boxes? I call that a glorified paperboy. :lol:

He hooks you everytime!

And while you take the P out of hairdressers, I would like to remind you it's a skilled job with an apprenticeship. What do you do? :lol:

There is no p in hairdressers.

NOTE: ***PLEASE USE MULTIQUOTE!***

He hooks you everytime!

He has never hooked me. I laugh at his drivel. If I blew a gasket or fired off abusive personal insults via the messenger like he does than perhaps so.

And he knows nothing. :lol:

Just been watching the final again as a Christmas treat

So many turkeys on display at wimbourne road like a butchers shop!

Edited by philfromcov

He does look like a hairdresser, though. Or a magician at Butlins.

Or the best Speedway promoter in the UK? (a fact)