British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

I doubt it. Just my opiniom of course.

I see. Tax fiddle then because Matt certainly said he made a loss. :D

Shake the family tree and a ball and chain will fall out!

Mate, at least I've got the courage of my convictions.

Thicky Ponting is a right twit.

.......another quality posting from the forum's Lowest Common Denominator.

Any facts yet?

Not from colincooke.

Shake BFD's family tree and a leek will fall out.

An Aussie-Welshman....It just gets better... :D

Yep, twice blest.

What's it like living in the UK's biggest Open Nick then BFD?wink.gif

Nice & warm, HG, even the rain's warm. What's it like living in an over-crowded refrigerator?

Hee hee i got me a tiddler not worth putting in

Nothing to brag about, cc.

Am I correct in recollecting that a Promoter has to have held a licence for a minimum period before having voting rights at the BSPA AGM? I seem to recall that was at least part of the reason why David Gordon and Chris Morton included Eric Boocock and possibly Gordon Pairman in their first year.

Three years. Peterborough's promoters at the AGM were Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney, neither have been promoters for the required length of time. Peter Oakes was unable to attend. The possibility that Peterborough may not have been allowed to vote has been raised before and been put forward as a contributing factor for them leaving the meeting.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

Three years. Peterborough's promoters at the AGM were Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney, neither have been promoters for the required length of time. Peter Oakes was unable to attend. The possibility that Peterborough may not have been allowed to vote has been raised before and been put forward as a contributing factor for them leaving the meeting.

That's strange, as Ronnie Russell stated (and wrote on the Swindon website) that 4 teams voted for the 45 point limit - Swindon, Poole, Coventry and Peterborough.Since Peter Oakes was unable to attend (understandably), then perhaps Rik Frost was allowed to vote?

That's strange, as Ronnie Russell stated (and wrote on the Swindon website) that 4 teams voted for the 45 point limit - Swindon, Poole, Coventry and Peterborough.Since Peter Oakes was unable to attend (understandably), then perhaps Rik Frost was allowed to vote?

It's been posted elsewhere that the pre-agm agreed on that but that permission may have been withdrawn at the agm proper. I don't know one way or the other just answering a post and mentioning that the subject has been broached before in one of the threads discussing this subject. Does anyone know if a vote was taken at all since nothing 'official' has yet been released on this point by the BSPA.

Just had a look at Swindon web-site and I can't find anything about the AGM other than the official press-release carried by all teams' sites. I do remember reading something like that but can't find it now!

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

I still find it amazing that anyone thought a 45 point limit was practicable - the Schlieffen Plan made more sense.

I still find it amazing that anyone thought a 45 point limit was practicable - the Schlieffen Plan made more sense.

Maybe with a higher limit we wouldn't have decent riders without a team place?

Typical BSPA, thankyou Rick Frost for saving Peterborough, paying off all the Horton debts, Making the place look much better, Having a good Team and paying them, Losing reputidly £140k last year.

Oh and by the way you are not in our Old Boys Club so you CANT vote on what we say you will be doing next year.

P--- O-- , Take it thats when Rick said see you boys!

Mate, at least I've got the courage of my convictions.

.......another quality posting from the forum's Lowest Common Denominator.

Not from colincooke.

Yep, twice blest.

Nice & warm, HG, even the rain's warm. What's it like living in an over-crowded refrigerator?

Nothing to brag about, cc.

no facts from Puxley either it seems.

Without wishing to attack the poster and thus get myself into terrible trouble - again - reading this thread is not mandatory. Since it is clearly the fastest moving thread in the EL section, possibly the whole of the BSF, people are very clearly still eager to get involved.

Thanks for not "attacking" me, LadyLuck!!

Quite agree that reading this, or any, thread is not mandatory, but as you say, it is the fastest moving thread and obviously the outcome of this mess has the potential to impact on all clubs, hence I, like many, go on here in the hope that something of interest may be posted.

Shovlars' holiday plans, rural Dorset and some posters indulging in personal abuse or one-upmanship does not fit that category, in my personal opinion.

I'll keep reading in the hope that sanity returns, and more importantly that the sport is not denied the Bees riding in 2011, but please, can we have no more plugs for the Dorset Tourist board, or daily updates on the Shovlar families' 10 day bargain break in Benidorm!!! ;);):lol:

Dorset is about the most perfect place to live in the UK. We are very, very lucky to live here.

There is football if you call it that at Bournemouth, and Southampton is only 30 mins away. Hampshire play cricket, again 30 mins away.

Dorset has a spectacular coastline, the second largest natural habour in the world, a warm micro cimate, shops, cafe's, bars, millionaire footballers and pop stars and a very cool social scene (of which I am now too old to enjoy as I did)

And no motorways bringing the throngs from the north. Add in beautiful country lanes, it's just perfect. Oh and it has two speedway clubs. What more would anyone really want?

Sorry its gone so far off topic.

And the Blandford Fly. Vicious little bleeders :D:D

Typical BSPA, thankyou Rick Frost for saving Peterborough, paying off all the Horton debts, Making the place look much better, Having a good Team and paying them, Losing reputidly £140k last year.

Oh and by the way you are not in our Old Boys Club so you CANT vote on what we say you will be doing next year.

P--- O-- , Take it thats when Rick said see you boys!

No-one knows for sure if he was allowed a vote or not. The only evidence is apparently from Ronnie Russell to the effect that Peterborough did cast at least one vote. I have seen no evidence to support the contrary view.

It amazes me that a meeting took place on the 20th and the next one isn't planned until January. This is a serious matter that could of been resolved this week. I have a business and have to go back to work today. The clubs are suffering I haven't seen any season ticket for Poole next year.

No-one knows for sure if he was allowed a vote or not. The only evidence is apparently from Ronnie Russell to the effect that Peterborough did cast at least one vote. I have seen no evidence to support the contrary view.

Where's this 'evidence' then because as I posted it certainly isn't on Swindon's web-site where it was stated as being.

It amazes me that a meeting took place on the 20th and the next one isn't planned until January. This is a serious matter that could of been resolved this week. I have a business and have to go back to work today. The clubs are suffering I haven't seen any season ticket for Poole next year.

That could be the legal notice required for an EGM. It is often 21 days.