British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Dorset is about the most perfect place to live in the UK. We are very, very lucky to live here.

There is football if you call it that at Bournemouth, and Southampton is only 30 mins away. Hampshire play cricket, again 30 mins away.

Dorset has a spectacular coastline, the second largest natural habour in the world, a warm micro cimate, shops, cafe's, bars, millionaire footballers and pop stars and a very cool social scene (of which I am now too old to enjoy as I did)

And no motorways bringing the throngs from the north. Add in beautiful country lanes, it's just perfect. Oh and it has two speedway clubs. What more would anyone really want?

Sorry its gone so far off topic.

No, he said "what else is there to do in Dorset?",

not "what else is there to do? endorse it."

Perhaps I should have said why I consider them to be great examples of promoters :)

Workington are making a very strong go of it in a serious rugby area. They are overcoming problems with stadium landlords, unearthing British talent, and have a well-used training track. On the track they produce competitive sides without seeming (one can never know, of course) to resort to chequebook speedway, and - the Steve Boxall incident aside - you rarely hear a bad word about the promotion.

Steve Boxall?

I never heard of that one, but I've heard of plenty more, including the infamous Adam Roynon incident. Perhaps you haven't been listening closely enough. Maybe take a trip or two into the PL section.

call to Mods;

After 110 pages, 1600+ posts this thread has strayed far off track; Shovlars' holiday, the delights of rustic Dorset and whether Workington/Buxton have a better business plan than Poole, let alone the personal comments that have strayed onto it.

No one has anything new to say,and no one knows the real facts.

For heavens sake lock the damned thing until the matter is resolved.

<Mod Note; All that would happen is another one would start up with the same posts. You're lucky, you can make the decision not to read it! :) >

call to Mods;

After 110 pages, 1600+ posts this thread has strayed far off track; Shovlars' holiday, the delights of rustic Dorset and whether Workington/Buxton have a better business plan than Poole, let alone the personal comments that have strayed onto it.

No one has anything new to say,and no one knows the real facts.

For heavens sake lock the damned thing until the matter is resolved.

Without wishing to attack the poster and thus get myself into terrible trouble - again - reading this thread is not mandatory. Since it is clearly the fastest moving thread in the EL section, possibly the whole of the BSF, people are very clearly still eager to get involved.

Yeah, it's a way to pass the hours :)

And my mistake with Boxall/Roynon - I always get those two confused!

yeah that's right they went out for a curry & your two bit hairdresser of a promoter locked the bloody door.

Maybe not the facts bit it'll do for me.:D

Lets hope your still smiling in two weeks time!! ;):unsure:

Dorset is about the most perfect place to live in the UK. We are very, very lucky to live here.

There is football at Bournemouth, and is only 30 mins away. Hampshire play cricket, again 30 mins away.

Dorset has a spectacular coastline, the second largest natural habour in the world, a warm micro cimate, shops, cafe's, bars, millionaire footballers and pop stars and a very cool social scene (of which I am now too old to enjoy as I did)

And no motorways bringing the throngs from the north. Add in beautiful country lanes, it's just perfect. Oh and it has two speedway clubs. What more would anyone really want?

Far better than looking at Brick walls in the midlands!!! :D

I'm not attatching blame to anyone but you are wrong again Steve. Look at the directory on the Bees website, please do try to get your facts right if and when real facts are available!

Club owner Avtar Sandhu

Co-Promoters, Colin Pratt, Alun Rossiter and Allen Trump.

Regards, Martin

I notice Steve is ignoring your post.....good post imo. It is certainly ON topic.

I notice Steve is ignoring your post.....good post imo. It is certainly ON topic.

He always ignores relevant and factual posts, especially when it shows his lack of knowledge. Not that it matters, they're still there for all to see.

The most successful promoter in the last ten years. The only club to make a healthy PROFIT last season and makes a profit each season. Generates sponsorship to such a degree there was nothing left to sponsor last year.

I thought he made a loss in 2009 with crowds at an all time low?

There is football if you call it that at Bournemouth, and Southampton is only 30 mins away. Hampshire play cricket, again 30 mins away.

Yep but they don't make BBC2 Documentaries series about the Story of England based round it do they!

Simon (resident; Kibworth Harcourt)

I had noticed, I guessed he would, that is part of the reason I posted it, I try not to post my opinion as fact. I don't post "facts" unless I have seen evidence and I figured this would show Shovvy up doing just that. :wink:

As for the post earlier calling for this thread to be locked, why? Surely the fact that this one is clocking up so many pages shows that people are still interested in posting, is not the point of a forum to express ones opinions. There will almost always be some wandering off topic, that surely is part of the enjoyment. If all that anyone posted was bald facts, then it would just be another news site.

I just wish people would post opinions as opinions and not as hard fact, it's not a lot to ask.

Regards, Martin

Am I correct in recollecting that a Promoter has to have held a licence for a minimum period before having voting rights at the BSPA AGM? I seem to recall that was at least part of the reason why David Gordon and Chris Morton included Eric Boocock and possibly Gordon Pairman in their first year.

I thought he made a loss in 2009 with crowds at an all time low?

:approve: