British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

And you know this for certain, Steve?

Of course i dont! But many are sure to point out that the BSPA are backing down!!

We will ALL have to wait till official press release.

Otherwise its all a point of view really.

I personally cant see the BSPA altering ANY rules or plans now to suit one team. It just aint gonna happen i believe.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln :)

Never mind all the Coventry haters, speedway without the 'Bees' would be a joke and everyone knows it, that's why they'll back down! *CHAMPIONS*

Own stadium, own riders, best fans ur jealous!

According to my father who used to be chairman of the Bspa , Is 100% confident that coventry will ride in the elite next year!! info even he will not say lol...

When Cov come back (as they surely will) it can surely only be under the 2011 BSPA rules. KL and Birmingham joined the league under those rules (and indeed KL have almost finalised their team based on that) and wouldn't they have a right to take action if the rules were changed to suit Coventry? (not that they would).

It's hard to imagine that there won't be some sort of review of the workings of the BSPA during the coming year and hopefully that will be compromise enough for Coventry to commit to 2011.

Edited by eastern wolf

Never mind all the Coventry haters, speedway without the 'Bees' would be a joke and everyone knows it, that's why they'll back down! *CHAMPIONS*

Own stadium, own riders, best fans ur jealous!

Perhaps this is why every other fan despises Coventry. Their fans are just like their owners.

How pitiful.

According to my father who used to be chairman of the Bspa , Is 100% confident that coventry will ride in the elite next year!! info even he will not say lol...

Sorry are you saying your father would agree or disagree that the Bees will be back in, I find the wording of your post somewhat confusing.

Regards, Martin

The only way Coventry will be back is on the agreed 40 points limit that ALL teams are currently building too.

Sandhu has played the legal card and it appears to have failed.

Guess the bully doesnt get his way. Happy days.

Good grief!! That sounds like a factual statement from someone who doesn't do that sort of thing on here. :rolleyes:

When Cov come back (as they surely will) it can surely only be under the 2011 BSPA rules. KL and Birmingham joined the league under those rules (and indeed KL have almost finalised their team based on that) and wouldn't they have a right to take action if the rules were changed to suit Coventry?

It's hard to imagine that there won't be some sort of review of the workings of the BSPA during the coming year and hopefully that will be compromise enough for Coventry to commit to 2011.

Maybe spit the dummy out, flounce off and transfer all their riders to Peterborough!! :wink:

Joke OK :D

Maybe spit the dummy out, flounce off and transfer all their riders to Peterborough!! :wink:

Joke OK :D

So would you agree that would be enough of a compromise on both sides?

Sorry are you saying your father would agree or disagree that the Bees will be back in, I find the wording of your post somewhat confusing.

Regards, Martin

Agree they will be in the elite next year..

When Cov come back (as they surely will) it can surely only be under the 2011 BSPA rules. KL and Birmingham joined the league under those rules (and indeed KL have almost finalised their team based on that) and wouldn't they have a right to take action if the rules were changed to suit Coventry? (not that they would).

I'd imagine Coventry would be perfectly happy if the rule regarding the conversion between the EL & PL, and the re-assessment of Pawlicki were scrapped. Neither of those really affect any other team's team-building plans. The 8.01+ rule (which was laughable, anyway) is moot under a 40-point limit.

Agree they will be in the elite next year..

Thanks.

Of course i dont! But many are sure to point out that the BSPA are backing down!!

We will ALL have to wait till official press release.

Otherwise its all a point of view really.

I personally cant see the BSPA altering ANY rules or plans now to suit one team. It just aint gonna happen i believe.

Unless of course they couldn't defend them in court?

I'd imagine Coventry would be perfectly happy if the rule regarding the conversion between the EL & PL, and the re-assessment of Pawlicki were scrapped. Neither of those really affect any other team's team-building plans. The 8.01+ rule (which was laughable, anyway) is moot under a 40-point limit.

So you don't really want Cov to make too much of a compromise then. I doubt that the voted-for 2011 rules will now be changed. Sandhu claims he wants transparency and I reckon the BSPA will offer a review (and I don't think many of us would argue with that).