Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Who's to say Hans didn't sign instead of Harris though ...

I think that is quite likely, it makes sense with Harris's GP commitments and I think he will be BV bound.

It makes no difference The Aces would have a more balanced team whereas a team with 2 top riders would have to make up for that lower in the riding order.

Thats not true. With a teams top 2 having 2 extra rides, a weakness in your top 2 is magnified.

Anyone with a knowledge of the sport would know it makes a hell of a lot of difference. :rolleyes:

Coventry V BV.

Heats 13 and 15 would be easy nailed on 5-1's to Coventry against a balanced team with a 7 pointer the best rider against Harris and Hans.

Totally unfair to a club without a number one and totally unfair to the rest of the league.

Steve, with all due respect, that's rubbish and you know it is. You have to take heat 15 out of the equation - it's always going to favour the team with the two best riders. As for heat 13, heat 14 could easily balance it - a team with a strong second string and strong reserve is always going to get a 5-1. And if you have two strong reserves (maybe by "bending" the rules to use foreign 4-pointers), you're always going to get a 5-1 in heat 2. Except you don't. Because speedway is a weird sport sometimes...

EDIT: A great example of when heats 13 and 15 don't always go to plan...

04/10/10

Heat 13: Kasprzak, Harris, Holder, Watt 1-5

Heat 15: Kasprzak, Harris, Pedersen, Holder 1-5

:)

Edited by alan_boon

Is there going to be a prize for the person who starts page 100? Or do we have to have a vote on it first?

Edited by Starboy118

Steve, with all due respect, that's rubbish and you know it is. You have to take heat 15 out of the equation - it's always going to favour the team with the two best riders. As for heat 13, heat 14 could easily balance it - a team with a strong second string and strong reserve is always going to get a 5-1. And if you have two strong reserves (maybe by "bending" the rules to use foreign 4-pointers), you're always going to get a 5-1 in heat 2. Except you don't. Because speedway is a weird sport sometimes...

EDIT: A great example of when heats 13 and 15 don't always go to plan...

04/10/10

Heat 13: Kasprzak, Harris, Holder, Watt 1-5

Heat 15: Kasprzak, Harris, Pedersen, Holder 1-5

:)

Read the top post on this page and SCBs post on this page. Both agree with me. And Aces51 also points out the very valid fact that no number one also means fans will not be happy.

If Coventry force the rules to change so they can use Harris and Hans, it will be a total disgrace, simple as that.

Read the top post on this page and SCBs post on this page. Both agree with me. And Aces51 also points out the very valid fact that no number one also means fans will not be happy.

If Coventry force the rules to change so they can use Harris and Hans, it will be a total disgrace, simple as that.

The top post is from an (albeit fair-minded) Aces fan. And SCB's actually points out that you shouldn't have a strong top 2. And as for whether the fans will be happy... well, that's down to the promoter to make them happy.

Coventry have played the game in the last few seasons, loaning Nicholls & Jonsson to clubs that wanted them. However, it's time those clubs started looking at themselves.

And, while we're at it, you still haven't addressed the point that you took the "quote" about Hans and assumed it meant that Coventry were looking at using Hans and Harris, when you know no such thing...

It makes no difference The Aces would have a more balanced team whereas a team with 2 top riders would have to make up for that lower in the riding order.

Exactly, which has been my point all along. Either have a points limit or a limit on No.1s, not both.

If a team wants to track 2 10 point riders under a 40 point limit they will pay the penalty by having a weaker tail.

A team of middle order riders would probably increase their averages and be a stronger team anyway.

We are living in a dictatorship!

The top post is from an (albeit fair-minded) Aces fan. And SCB's actually points out that you shouldn't have a strong top 2. And as for whether the fans will be happy... well, that's down to the promoter to make them happy.

No it doesnt. A weak top 2 is a bigger issue than a weakness anywhere else in a team.

A good team needs a good 1,2 and 6 as they all have 5 rides.

And, while we're at it, you still haven't addressed the point that you took the "quote" about Hans and assumed it meant that Coventry were looking at using Hans and Harris, when you know no such thing...

Guess we will see on that one when it all comes out. But I am 99.9% sure this is part of the problem with the storm out.

If a strength in depth team is the way to go it's a bit odd that 6 of the 8 EL teams have currently signed a rider of 8 or above and no doubt Wolves will make it 7 of 8. Obviously they don't know what they are doing.

If a strength in depth team is the way to go it's a bit odd that 6 of the 8 EL teams have currently signed a rider of 8 or above and no doubt Wolves will make it 7 of 8. Obviously they don't know what they are doing.

That has been the consensus of opinion for some time.

Colin you're wasting your time trying to talk sense on here. people like Bigfatdave and Shovlar will argue with anything, then either fail to back up their argument, or back it up with nonsense.

What is that saying? BBB... Bull**** Baffles Brains.

BBB, eh? I'm partial to a beer, a bourbon, a bhang lassi and a few other things beginning with 'B', but unlike you I don't claim to be what I'm not.

Seeing as you've had a go at me would you like to back up your claim? I see you've thrown in a bit of masked swearing as well; people have been banned for less!

Ok you have to see it from both sides.

Why can't you see it from both sides then?

No further questions, your honour.

I wish!!

Its only a guess but i suspect Bananaman isn't really a banana, Hyderd doesn't live on Hyde Road, Lady luck doesn't have much luck, Eastern Wolf probably doesn't blow houses down and Custer mouse doesn't live in a skirting board.

I'll have a guess - you're not really impartial, are you? Maybe you're just the latest in a long line of Cookie's tag team partners who've taken it in turns to come on here and regurgitate the same unfounded gossip and abusive drivel that he's trying to peddle; like all the others you've been sussed, mate!

Oh, and by the way, I'm Big, I'm Fat - but dieting furiously - lost 16kg in the last four months and probably put most of it back on in the last four days, and my name is Dave. Most of my friends call me BFD but you can call me 'Sir' - in fact I'd rather you didn't call at all.

That has been the consensus of opinion for some time.

Obviously the fact that Coventry were a poor side last year without a No.1 until the signing of KK and the upsurge in form of Harris means nothing. The fact that so far as I can remember no team without a rider over 8 has won the league in recent times is but a fluke. I can but hope that BV manage to avoid signing Hans or Harris and then at last the title is ours. Hang on though, on that basis we should have won it in 2007 and where did we finish, 10th of 10. :unsure:

BBB, eh? I'm partial to a beer, a bourbon, a bhang lassi and a few other things beginning with 'B', but unlike you I don't claim to be what I'm not.

Seeing as you've had a go at me would you like to back up your claim? I see you've thrown in a bit of masked swearing as well; people have been banned for less!

Why can't you see it from both sides then?

I wish!!

I'll have a guess - you're not really impartial, are you? Maybe you're just the latest in a long line of Cookie's tag team partners who've taken it in turns to come on here and regurgitate the same unfounded gossip and abusive drivel that he's trying to peddle; like all the others you've been sussed, mate!

Oh, and by the way, I'm Big, I'm Fat - but dieting furiously - lost 16kg in the last four months and probably put most of it back on in the last four days, and my name is Dave. Most of my friends call me BFD but you can call me 'Sir' - in fact I'd rather you didn't call at all.

You illustrate my point about you perfectly.

Oh and i also win the prize..

Edited by ImpartialOne

About where I got the info about Coventry signing Hans and Harris?

Simple deduction. Mick Brately said on the radio that he tried to sign Hans but Hans had already signed a deal with a Midlands club. Doesn't take much from there.

Plus I have also heard it from other sources.

How would Coventry fans feel if Sandhu forced the BSPA to change the rule under threat of legal action, and were the only club to use two riders above 8, whilst the rest stuck by the agreed rules and had one whilst a club or two had no number one? Would they be happy or embarrassed?

I can guess the answer.

Ahh so that why the protest....only took me 100 pages (well I haven't read them all) to work out why the Bees stormed out. Bit slow at the mo. :oops:

Fancy signing a rider before the AGM especially one as expensive as Andersen. :rolleyes:

So looks like Harris is off to Manchester then? ;)

Edited by bazaar3