British Speedway Forum

Sorry that should read Lviv not Livi.

why seed so many then have reserves and some lads on standby??

why not have another event with them in

Is there not a process whereby eligible riders can actually "enter" the competition & then the number of competitors would determine how many rounds are required to get to the desired final 16? Or is it now just purely based on invitation to compete?

This seem like a total cock up to me

Have riders who im sure want to ride on standby or listed as reserves is dam right stupid

Ben Hopwood seeded yet Worrall and Pickard cant even get a ride,my god what next

Edited by frostylion

If the winner doesn't come from Woffinden or Auty then it'll be a major surprise. On the BSPA list, everyone after possibly Newman is not even good enough for the PL! :blink:

Edited by JCookie

On the BSPA list, everyone after possibly Newman is not even good enough for the PL! :blink:

Im sure the promotions at Ipswich,Scunny,Newcastle and Edinburgh may disagree with that!!!!!

I was referring to the seeded list, and with the possible exception of Owen, none are good enough.

The seeds were based on 2010 Averages.

The semi final was also based on 2010 Averages.

Unfortunately no track was able to stage a 2nd Semi Final prior to the Final.

Regards

Phil Morris

I would like to know why Tai is excluded from getting a place in the World Under 21 Championship? Has he decided that he does not want to race in it this year or is there some other answer?

The seeds were based on 2010 Averages.

The semi final was also based on 2010 Averages.

Unfortunately no track was able to stage a 2nd Semi Final prior to the Final.

Regards

Phil Morris

I think you & the BSPA have done what they can having qualifiers for the sake of it where everybody has too imo will not improve the riders who are able to compete.

In GB we have an ever decreasing number of competitors have done & probably will do for a while.

Until GB as a collective produces enough riders of sufficient quality the number of qualifiers is irrelevant.

I would like to know why Tai is excluded from getting a place in the World Under 21 Championship? Has he decided that he does not want to race in it this year or is there some other answer?

He's not excluded at all! :rolleyes: He's seeded direct to the second semi-final where the top scorer from the British Final at Lakeside excluding himself plus Josh Auty & Joe Haines (seeded direct to first semi at Herxheim) will join him.

Edited by Bryn

If the winner doesn't come from Woffinden or Auty then it'll be a major surprise. On the BSPA list, everyone after possibly Newman is not even good enough for the PL! :blink:

Surely the criteria to be an under 21semifinalist is to be under 21. Standard doesn't come into it, apart from the selection process dictating the highest averaged riders are seeded through.

I do think it is quite sad that all under 21's are unable to take part and the competion has been subject to a selection process.

Best of luck to all the boys I'm sure they will give their all !!!!

Edited by TMW

Surely the criteria to be an under 21semifinalist is to be under 21. Standard doesn't come into it, apart from the selection process dictating the highest averaged riders are seeded through.

I do think it is quite sad that all under 21's are unable to take part and the competion has been subject to a selection process.

Best of luck to all the boys I'm sure they will give their all !!!!

What would be the point in a novice racing tai or even someone of a lower standard who has to qualify with less than a weeks experience. You have to draw the line somewhere.

A competitions appeal or point depends on its standards to an extent.

Edited by shirlmeister general

The worrying decline of youth speedway continues.

We used to have 3 qualifiers, then we reduced it to 2 semi finals, now we are down to one "semi final" and the final.

There are a number of clubs trying to help to young British riders, but unless there is a National setup as well the decline will continue.

We must invest in the youth NOW.

Totally agree with your comments but if all eligible riders were invited we might scrape together two semi finals and a final but certainly not three qualifiers.

What would be the point in a novice racing tai or even someone of a lower standard who has to qualify with less than a weeks experience. You have to draw the line somewhere.

A competitions appeal or point depends on its standards to an extent.

True to a certain extent,but look at Luke Chessell last year,dont think he had ridden a competative meeting but came very close to going through to the final,same with Steve Worrall,who made it and went on to score a creditable 5 points in the final

Richie Worrall is reserve at stoke and id take a bet off anyone he would finish in the top 6 at stoke if was given the chance

seems a shame that they wont be given the chance

Can't believe Richie Worrall is not in this sem-final.....one of Scunny's best discoveries!!!! but then not surprised I'm fast losing patience with the policy we have with our youngsters.