British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Thanks Johnno!

Maybe if the latest stadium sale rumour is true,Johnno could have it at Oxford that is of course if the potential new owners,if there are any of them,are speedway friendly.

Spill the beans on the rumour.

Best of luck Johno, a true entertainer.

thanks for the 2007 victory!

I just went to hit the 'LIKE' button. DOHbiggrin.gif

1 of the sports few remaining true characters & he will be a real loss to the track.

True enough all good things eventually come to an end, but i sure hope Johno isn't lost to the sport for good.

If anyone deserves a farewell meeting in the UK it's Steve, so come on UK promoters get it sorted.

Good luck Johno with whatever the future holds.

1 of the sports few remaining true characters & he will be a real loss to the track.

True enough all good things eventually come to an end, but i sure hope Johno isn't lost to the sport for good.

If anyone deserves a farewell meeting in the UK it's Steve, so come on UK promoters get it sorted.

Good luck Johno with whatever the future holds.

johnno you are a gem and deserve a farewell meeting but like your good friend stony will you get one .You two have been great entertainers and will be missed by all speedway fans.

I think it's fair to say that there will be no problem with a Farewell Meeting being staged. Few riders can boast so much universal popularity for such a long period of racing in the British Leagues.

I remember first meeting Johnno in a bar in Poland, and I said 'Steve Johnston. Hi, I'm Steve Johnson'. To which he replied, 'No kidding? That's great, I can blame it on you whenever I get into any bother!'

Top bloke!

Eating a kebab wont seem the same without Johno around but pleased that Swindon are arranging a farewell meet...hope theres a good turn out to give the old boy a few quid..having it at Blunsdon is apt i think as he has been an honorary Swindonian for a few years now but the town wont seem the same without constantly bumping into him!..good luck mate hope that gold mine isnt too much work!

I want to add my best wishes to Johno, always a joy to see in the pits, funny, great with the kids

Top Bloke you will be missed in the world of speedway, so don't go far, keep working on sky!

Sarah

Johno will always be classed as a legend in my book. I'll never forget what I think was his first visit to Rye House with Sheffield.

With Johno being a raw novice back then, I used to have a competition with the folk I went with as to which lap and bend he would fall and good old Johno didn't disappoint. 1st lap, 2nd bend and Johnno slides off, but not any old slide off. Johno keeps hold of his bike and keeps it running. He then tries to remount but at the same time, he twists the throttle. I didn't see any of the following 2 heats due to laughing at the sight of Johno running down the back straight, trying to keep up with the bike which he was attached to!

One of the true characters of the sport.

Thanks Johno

Edited by Tony The Tiger