British Speedway Forum
falconreble

Newport Speedway Fans Forum

Think Wanna as done some very good work on the website.

Was impressed with the promotors question and answer forum . 50 members have registered on the forum to date so things are on the up.

Just an idea but maybe we can do a similar exercise for the new year classic

Thanks Dicey.

I work quite often away from home now which limits my access to a PC at weekends which isn't much of an issue throughout the winter, it is during the season when it becomes an issue.

A few people have offered help but it isn't as simple as turning a PC on an editting the site... you need to completely know what to do and you need a good feel for the site, i.e not just writing in any old colour or font.

We have 3 more months to fully resolve this issue so fingers crossed.

Thanks Dicey.

I work quite often away from home now which limits my access to a PC at weekends which

isn't much of an issue throughout the winter, it is during the season when it becomes an issue.

A few people have offered help but it isn't as simple as turning a PC on an editting the site... you need to completely know what to do and you need a good feel for the site, i.e not just writing in any old colour or font.

We have 3 more months to fully resolve this issue so fingers crossed.

Yeah I would be no good either , I'm often out the country.

Good luck in finding someone.

http://www.newportwasps.co = official

http://www.newport-speedway.org = unofficial (run by a Somerset fan)

Could you not favourite both sites and label them so you know whats what?

Please read my comments below, there is NO intended malice....... BUT they do contain the TRUTH! Read it please and then re-read it to make sure you understand the points that I am trying to make.

I almost never get involved with posts where there seems to be negativity, in fact I try to keep away most times, but your comments here (and eslewhere) 'Wanna' (Lewis I believe) are both un-founded and that they often inspire bad feeling... towards me which eventually rubs off on my family and makes Newport Speedway look a bit of a laughing stock.

FACT 1). In August 2010, me and my family were invited over to Newport Speedway as guests after they had heard of the unfortunate occurences at somerset Speedway that had befallen us after 11 years of support as fans and sponsors.

FACT 2). Newport Speedway had NO website whatsoever at that time. The webmaster was unable, for personal reasons, to carry on with it.

FACT 3). As I had been doing, for better or worse ,the somerset website for 11 years I offered to do a website for Newport Speedway. Nothing cloak and dagger! The Mallett family were happy for me to do this as it had no presence on the web at that time.

FACT 4). Me and my family are, first, middle and last, speedway fans. When somerset opened it's speedway doors we became fans, and later sponsors. After 11 years we left somerset speedway, and then we became speedway nomads until our invitation to Newport. We were, mostly, made very welcome and Thoroughly enjoyed our speedway once again.

We are now about to start our 2nd season but Lewis your comments and insults leave me and the family a little unsure.

FACT 5). The MOST important one.

Lewis, if you promise to carry on with the Newport Website without fail next year then I will HAPPILY close down the 'other' site...that was originally requested by the Mallett family! It will give me more time to just enjoy the sport. I'll keep the webspace just for my photos and possibly the track shop.

You are obviously a proper programmer, it shows in your site. I, on the other hand, am just an amateur...it shows in the my site!

Sadly I imagine that certain folk, yourself included, feel that me and my family are not really Newport fans. That we are interlopers.... READ FACT 4) again....then re-read it!!

We have made some REALLY good friends over there on the 'darkside' and, at the risk of repeating myself, are really enjoying our speedway again. I am happy that we can put a little into the sport that we love so much.

Don't spoil it for us Lewis!

Mike Manning

Edited by MikeM2

At the end of the day,the old adage "all publicity is good publicity" is not necessarily true,you only have to ask Gerald Rattner,I have used both sites at various times,a lot of times both appeared for various reasons to be a little late with news,results etc,but between these two,the british speedway forum and speedway updates coupled with the Wasp's hotline,i usually found out the info i was seeking.It's a pity this has descended to an a** kicking contest as both sites have their merits and users have their favourites .Both webmasters have to give up their time to run these sites,maybe a little less ego and a bit more co-operation might be the order of the day

Please read my comments below, there is NO intended malice....... BUT they do contain the TRUTH! Read it please and then re-read it to make sure you understand the points that I am trying to make.

I almost never get involved with posts where there seems to be negativity, in fact I try to keep away most times, but your comments here (and eslewhere) 'Wanna' (Lewis I believe) are both

un-founded and that they often inspire bad feeling... towards me which eventually rubs off on my family and makes Newport Speedway look a bit of a laughing stock.

FACT 1). In August 2010, me and my family were invited over to Newport Speedway as

guests after they had heard of the unfortunate occurences at somerset Speedway that had befallen us after 11 years of support as fans and sponsors.

FACT 2). Newport Speedway had NO website

whatsoever at that time. The webmaster was unable, for personal reasons, to carry on with it.

FACT 3). As I had been doing, for better or worse ,the somerset website for 11 years I offered to do a website for Newport Speedway.

Nothing cloak and dagger! The Mallett family were happy for me to do this as it had no presence on the web at that time.

FACT 4). Me and my family are, first, middle and last, speedway fans. When somerset opened it's speedway doors we became fans, and later sponsors. After 11 years we left somerset speedway, and then we became speedway

nomads until our invitation to Newport. We were, mostly, made very welcome and Thoroughly enjoyed our speedway once again.

We are now about to start our 2nd season but Lewis your comments and insults leave me and the family a little unsure.

FACT 5). The MOST important one.

Lewis, if you promise to carry on with the Newport Website without fail next year then I will HAPPILY close down the 'other' site...that was originally requested by the Mallett family! It

will give me more time to just enjoy the sport. I'll keep the webspace just for my photos and possibly the track shop.

You are obviously a proper programmer, it shows in your site. I, on the other hand, am just

an amateur...it shows in the my site!

Sadly I imagine that certain folk, yourself included, feel that me and my family are not really Newport fans. That we are interlopers.... READ FACT 4) again....then re-read it!!

We have made some REALLY good friends over there on the 'darkside' and, at the risk of repeating myself, are really enjoying our speedway again. I am happy that we can put a little into the sport that we love so much.

Don't spoil it for us Lewis!

Mike Manning

I'm sure everyone welcomes your sponsorship for Newport.

Could you not provide the photos/videos for the official site ?

I'm sure everyone welcomes your sponsorship for Newport.

Could you not provide the photos/videos for the official site ?

there are OFFICAL TRACK PHOTOGROPHERS that supply the official web site. no disrespect to MM but it could affect their earning potential,

I think every track should have OFFICIAL TRACK PHOTOGROPHERS!!!!!!!!

Or perhaps it's just a Welsh thing???!!!

Edited by Mr Snackette

Would you like to expand on this?

God, don't encourage even more outpourings!

In only the way that a super-hero can, he's pointed out that PHOTOGROPHERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS are two distinctly different aspects of the speedway meeting experience - or perhaps in a signature patronising way he's pointed out (gulp!) a spelling mistake.

It is through this method that his powers as Supreme Being manifest themselves which is why all us mere mortals hang on his every pronouncement and accept everything he graciously hands down to us as facts - which are indisputable. In his own mind.

• Like 2

I think every track should have OFFICIAL TRACK PHOTOGROPHERS!!!!!!!!

Or perhaps it's just a Welsh thing???!!!

Thank you for opening the "Welsh slating" door. At least 99.9 % of the Welsh can spell Photographers.

God, don't encourage even more outpourings!

In only the way that a super-hero can, he's pointed out that PHOTOGROPHERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS are two distinctly different aspects of the speedway meeting experience - or perhaps in a signature patronising way he's pointed out (gulp!) a spelling mistake.

It is through this method that his powers as Supreme Being manifest themselves which is why all us mere mortals hang on his every pronouncement and accept everything he graciously hands down to us as facts - which are indisputable. In his own mind.

Well done, you finally worked something out, without it having to be explained by way of a patronising children's story. I knew you weren't as dull as others would have us all believe!!!!