British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hooper

The Use Of The New Silencer

why sre the youth forced to use the new silencers another cost for the under 16s parents now what a joke thanks bspa for your support of the youth riders of this country what do other people think???

Your comments is not well written but who is saying that new silncers have to be used in youth speedway?

Edited by TMW

Your comments is not well written but who is saying that new silncers have to be used in youth speedway?

i had a text off one of the organisers of the under16s yesterday confirming that we have to use them ??

i had a text off one of the organisers of the under16s yesterday confirming that we have to use them ??

I asked the previous question but was signed in under my wife's log in hence the different signature!! I have seen no rules yet so cannot comment one way or the other but since the SCB have gone back on several other rules in pretty sharp time, I would hold off buying any yet.

It is a topic in the General area but that has been dormant since before Christmas.

Edited by Great Central

I asked the previous question but was signed in under my wife's log in hence the different signature!! I have seen no rules yet so cannot comment one way or the other but since the SCB have gone back on several other rules in pretty sharp time, I would hold off buying any yet.

It is a topic in the General area but that has been dormant since before Christmas.

i hope you are right its stupid to enforce this rule on the youth of this country who are trying to progress in the sport

not all parents have bottomless pockets to go and buy exhausts this close to the start of the season another £200 just to get to the first meeting the people in charge need to look at helping the youth not exploiting them for more money

Eh, what is the problem?

The new king is 165 pounds ex vat and valid for 5 years, so that's 33 quid a year. The 'old' king was 100 pounds ex vat and valid for only 3 years, that's also 33 quid a year.

Ahhh now I see it... the lack of proper technical inspection or is it just moaning from parents who don't like to buy a new one after 'cheating' on the rules for years.

:unsure:

Eh, what is the problem?

The new king is 165 pounds ex vat and valid for 5 years, so that's 33 quid a year. The 'old' king was 100 pounds ex vat and valid for only 3 years, that's also 33 quid a year.

Ahhh now I see it... the lack of proper technical inspection or is it just moaning from parents who don't like to buy a new one after 'cheating' on the rules for years.

no not just moaning from parents but also from the likes of gollob etc.the new kings are crap so why should the youngsters have to buy them for a few skids after a meeting? maybe alright for you if you have got bottomless pockets as you have indicated before but the the youngsters get no money to ride so why penalise them any more and that goes for national league riders as well

Eh, what is the problem?

Is that the price in Holland or the UK? I seem to think that they were more expensive than that last year.

Is that the price in Holland or the UK? I seem to think that they were more expensive than that last year.

That's the UK price GC. DEP will be about 205.00inc VAT.

Hopefully Wizzer will read this thread or someone who has the 2011 rulebook.

I have been informed that all Under 16 riders and NL riders HAVE to have the new silencers full stop.

Is that correct?

Regards

Nikko

I have been told that we have to use new cans as well, did question this as I wasn`t aware it had been sorted but apparantly it has.

This came from a team manager and promoter of a NL club

I have been told that we have to use new cans as well, did question this as I wasn`t aware it had been sorted but apparantly it has.

This came from a team manager and promoter of a NL club

so typical bspa have brought in these silencers despite protests from the top riders in the world ignoring the people who know best i.e the riders and we all have to roll over and do as were told by anonmyous non mechanically minded people whos only interest is ways of screwing money out of people.i pity the youngsters the silencers wont be their only expense while theyre struggling to find ways of keeping their engines from melting.

I bet not a single youngster 'melts' an engine because he is using the new issue King,Dep or Prodrive silencers. Obviously every single breakdown will be blamed on them and claims of double the usual number of services will be made but in truth it will make absolutely no difference to anybody except, possibly, the sports very best riders.

I bet not a single youngster 'melts' an engine because he is using the new issue King,Dep or Prodrive silencers. Obviously every single breakdown will be blamed on them and claims of double the usual number of services will be made but in truth it will make absolutely no difference to anybody except, possibly, the sports very best riders.

and you have proof of that these silencers are totally efficient? how do you know every breakdown will be blamed on them? btw do you ride? it would seem that you are able to predict that they will make no difference without any facts. amazing. so it would seem that all these top riders are lying?