British Speedway Forum
Steve Ribbons

Mildenhall Statement.

I too read the post and its obvious, and totally understandable, that feelings are running very high at the moment.

Although not one to condone mods removing posts, I do think for the good of the name of Mildenhall Fen Tigers and any possible future it may have that we all conduct ourselves in a professional manner.

Personal attacks, and Steve Ribbons has had them on this forum, are not accetable and I would hope when things calm down that Steve himself will agree that removing the post was not such a bad thing.

We need to move on from the mudslinging, no matter how hard that is, and work towards bringing the great Fen Tigers fans their team back.

Nikko

All respect to you, Nikko, you have remained professional throughout this.

Reading the postings still on the thread this morning, I'd suggest if Steve Ribbons is unable to post in a professional and polite manner, regardless of what may be directed his way, it may be better for Mildenhall if he does not post at all. Whilst it is hard to respond to personal insult, when operating in a professional capacity, you need to be able to maintain composure and be nothing but polite. Especially on the forum - you have the time to think before posting. Though please be aware, I'm not justifying the attacks by some posters, as you will see from my earlier posting(s).

To what aim are you posting this morning, Steve?

You are creating a bad name for yourself with neutrals that have heard nothing of you, and judge you solely based on your postings, and are certainly not helping your situation.

TAKEN FROM THE CAMBRIDGE EVENING NEWS SITE

[b]Rejection means end of the line for Tigers by David Crane

Kevin Jolly admits he is still reeling from shock after being told Mildenhall would not be accepted into this year's National League.

The former Fen Tigers rider was given the news by league co-ordinator Peter Morrish and BSPA committee member Jon Cook after a ballot in Rugby on Tuesday. And he conceded, along with stadium owner Dave Coventry, that the West Row outfit will now be forced into closure.

Jolly said: "I had spoken to Peter prior to Tuesday and asked if we were wanted, to which he replied yes. We had put a very sound business package together and were keen on discovering new talent.

"This was possibly the club's last chance but it seems our faces didn't fit.

"I was very shocked at how the whole situation was handled. There were four teams waiting for acceptance and I felt that we had an excellent set-up.

"They said that Steve (Ribbons) being involved was a reason but the main factors were the stadium's court case and that they did not wish any further embarrassment after last year's closure had caused them a lot of work.

"They told me that we couldn't appeal. It could be the finish of Mildenhall.

"It is very sad and disappointing and it is the fans that are the ones who lose out. "We couldn't have done any more. We didn't get a chance to put our case across."

Coventry added: "It never ceases to amaze me the decisions the BSPA make. "We have the stadium, the origins and the right men to run it.

"It looks like speedway will have to be on hold for a year. There are no other serious parties in the pipeline."[/b]

Edited by PhilK

I have seen a number of posts on this forum over the years which would make me cautious with Mr Ribbons.

Just go back to my original post and after reading the offending post this morning,all i can say is ....Nuff said :rolleyes:

Further light on the decision taken, maybe? ..

Quoted from todays Bury Free Press with comments attributed to Moorish in bold

However, BSPA co-ordinator Peter Moorish this week quashed any hopes of a Fen Tigers revival - for this season at least.

"As far as I am concerned, the vote has been made at the BSPA and it has been decided that Mildenhall Fen Tigers are not in a position to be granted a spot for the forthcoming NL season."

The Tigers folded in August after former promoter Ray Mascall failed to find a buyer and, according to Morrish, that was the underlying reason behind the BSPA's decision.

"The decision is completely fair," he said, "there is nothing worse than a club folding halfway through a season. It cost the BSPA a great deal of time and money trying to fix what was a total collapse at Mildenhall. I alone sacrificied a whole week of my life in the summer trying to sort the problems at the club. Since then I have been working long and hard with Dave Coventry in search of a new buyer, but in six months nothing of note has materialised"

Looking ahead to the 2012 NL campaign, Moorish did offer the club some chink of light. He said " Mildenhall has a super stadium and everything going for it. I love the club and would certainly want it to make a return at some point".

There is a lot more about this issue, but thats probably the most interesting part, along with a small piece about young Ollie Rayson being left in limbo and looking for a club for 2012! Lets hope this promising youngster finds one soon.

I alone sacrificied a whole week of my life in the summer trying to sort the problems at the club.

Yes, I'm sure Ray Mascal's wife is sorry for the inconvenience her death caused you, Mr Morrish.

"They said the main factors were the stadium's court case and that they did not wish any further embarrassment after last year's closure had caused them a lot of work.

."[/b][/b]

Further light on the decision taken, maybe? ..

Quoted from todays Bury Free Press with comments attributed to Moorish in bold

However, BSPA co-ordinator Peter Moorish this week quashed any hopes of a Fen Tigers revival - for this season at least.

"As far as I am concerned, the vote has been made at the BSPA and it has been decided that Mildenhall Fen Tigers are not in a position to be granted a spot for the forthcoming NL season."

It cost the BSPA a great deal of time and money trying to fix what was a total collapse at Mildenhall. I alone sacrificied a whole week of my life in the summer trying to sort the problems at the club. Since then I have been working long and hard with Dave Coventry in search of a new buyer, but in six months nothing of note has materialised"[/b]

So if the stabillity of the stadium is the main factor.... why spend 6 months with Dave Coventry trying to sort out the speedway knowing that this court case was pending???

Why would it cost the BSPA money when they would of kept the bond paid by the previous promotion...

Why is Mr Morrish sacrifying a week in his life when this is his JOB!!!!!!???

With 2 clubs folding this year, thats 2 bonds kept and none of the riders got paid out of the bonds as there was no money left...... where did all the money go???????

Edited by ond

[b]Rejection means end of the line for Tigers by David Crane

Kevin Jolly admits he is still reeling from shock after being told Mildenhall would not be accepted into this year's National League.

The former Fen Tigers rider was given the news by league co-ordinator Peter Morrish and BSPA committee member Jon Cook after a ballot in Rugby on Tuesday. And he conceded, along with stadium owner Dave Coventry, that the West Row outfit will now be forced into closure.

Jolly said: "I had spoken to Peter prior to Tuesday and asked if we were wanted, to which he replied yes. We had put a very sound business package together and were keen on discovering new talent.

"This was possibly the club's last chance but it seems our faces didn't fit.

"I was very shocked at how the whole situation was handled. There were four teams waiting for acceptance and I felt that we had an excellent set-up.

"They said that Steve (Ribbons) being involved was a reason but the main factors were the stadium's court case and that they did not wish any further embarrassment after last year's closure had caused them a lot of work.

"It is very sad and disappointing and it is the fans that are the ones who lose out. "We couldn't have done any more. We didn't get a chance to put our case across."

Coventry added: "It never ceases to amaze me the decisions the BSPA make. "We have the stadium, the origins and the right men to run it.

"It looks like speedway will have to be on hold for a year. There are no other serious parties in the pipeline."[/b]

well why doent dave coventry buy the licence etc? he could then put in place a couple of more experienced people to run the speedway and there are people who are capable of doing this im sure but more importantly people who are acceptable to peter morrish,hes picked the wrong people thats obvious and there were other parties interested before so perhaps he needs to go back to them and maybe eat a bit of humble pie .

well why doent dave coventry buy the licence etc? he could then put in place a couple of more experienced people to run the speedway and there are people who are capable of doing this im sure but more importantly people who are acceptable to peter morrish,hes picked the wrong people thats obvious and there were other parties interested before so perhaps he needs to go back to them and maybe eat a bit of humble pie .

I am sure Dave did what he thought was best and it was clear from communications from the BSPA that they were leaving it to him to work with potential promoters. Now whatever the rights and wrongs of that decision I do struggle to understand how we found ourselves in the situation that Dave finds a potential promotion he is happy with, a business case is put together and is sent to the BSPA only for that to be turned down at the last minute.

As 'billy' says, and as Dave said in press releases, there were other parties interested and we can only hope that over the next 6 months or so Dave and the BSPA can continue to work together to find a promotion that is acceptable to the BSPA. This is not a case of Dave eating humble pie its a case of everyone working together to ensure the Fen Tigers have a future and the NL has another club in 2012.

For that reason I hope, beyond hope, that this can all be done, agreed and a licence issued for the Fen Tigers in the next 6 months or so. Then any new promotion will have the time to plan for the 2012 season.

If not the Fen Tigers may never race again.

Finally re Ollie, he is one of a number of young riders who will now be hoping to get a call for 2011.

It will be a travesty that some of our young riders will be without a team come April.

I am sure Dave did what he thought was best and it was clear from communications from the BSPA that they were leaving it to him to work with potential promoters. Now whatever the rights and wrongs of that decision I do struggle to understand how we found ourselves in the situation that Dave finds a potential promotion he is happy with, a business case is put together and is sent to the BSPA only for that to be turned down at the last minute.

As 'billy' says, and as Dave said in press releases, there were other parties interested and we can only hope that over the next 6 months or so Dave and the BSPA can continue to work together to find a promotion that is acceptable to the BSPA. This is not a case of Dave eating humble pie its a case of everyone working together to ensure the Fen Tigers have a future and the NL has another club in 2012.

For that reason I hope, beyond hope, that this can all be done, agreed and a licence issued for the Fen Tigers in the next 6 months or so. Then any new promotion will have the time to plan for the 2012 season.

If not the Fen Tigers may never race again.

Finally re Ollie, he is one of a number of young riders who will now be hoping to get a call for 2011.

It will be a travesty that some of our young riders will be without a team come April.

Agree with you here.Is there any chance of getting a temp licence or something so Mildenhall can at least hold a couple of open meetings.Or even how they started before with training track meetings?Not sure if they still exist though.....but something so that at least the speedway keeps ticking over and not have a year out.

More of interest in the Cambridge News today concerning the current Court case:

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Newmarket/Racetrack-row-pair-had-home-torched.htm

Wonder if the Stadium and MX were there when they moved in? The rest of it sounds like they've been watching some of those 60's Hells Angels films and decided it could be reality. If they can't move back why do they want to restrict the operations to 40 days?

Important court case for all of us I would think.

Wonder if the Stadium and MX were there when they moved in? The rest of it sounds like they've been watching some of those 60's Hells Angels films and decided it could be reality. If they can't move back why do they want to restrict the operations to 40 days?

A similar case happened about 4 years ago at Croft race circuit about noise and disruption to peace. The complainers won. The chief complainer was the former wife of one of the circuits owners. Basically after that case anyone can move anywhere and complain about existing activities, factories etc.

the stadium was there long before they moved as was the mx. funny how someone can move to an area knowing full well there is a long established motorsports venue nearby and then complain.i believe the track was built in the early 70s so well established and its underneath a flight path from a nearby usaf airbase