British Speedway Forum
Steve Ribbons

Mildenhall Statement.

While its great news for all Fen Tigers Fans, i feel desperately sorry for Steve Ribbons, if he is not a suitable promoter in the eyes of The BSPA then they should have the b*lls to tell him so, not appear to lead him up the garden path so to speak.

Whilst we are on this subject, if terms could be agreed at Weymouth, would they be allowed this 12th hour oportunity ??, because it would be great to see them back also.

Edited by greyhoundp

Unsurprisingly Steve has walked away from the sport now, and presumably the forum too so I'll have to thank you on his behalf.

According to BBC Sport, Steve is funding this return!

I have been asked to post the following official statement from the Mildenhall Fen Tigers.

"The new promotional team of the Mildenhall Fen Tigers would like to make it clear that statements made elsewhere regarding Steve Ribbons involvement with the club are not correct. Steve Ribbons has no role, financial or otherwise, at the club".

Yes great news that Mildenhall will be running this year as you said Rob!

But please, all this sticking up for Steve Ribbons is way, way of the mark!

I trimmed the post after I'd woken-up.... Now I see that it and my original posting have both been deleted, presumably because I made a justifiably adverse comment about someone in Steve's past who has the BSF management running scared.

I defend Steve because he is a friend and has earned my respect. By contrast I cannot respect someone who attacks another while hiding behind a pseudonym.

25 minute fan made a series of witless comments about Steve's past including an allegation that I had to refute: Bear in mind Steve recently had to take this poster to task:

'If the Rye House revival in 99 had to be rescued it was very well-hidden from everyone else involved, but then how would I know what was going on, I was only involved in it all?

Yes further cqapital needed to be introduced to actually get the Rockets back to Rye House the following year but it didn't have to be performed the disgusting way it was.'

If people prefer to believe the word of an anonymous critic against someone involved in what actually happened then good luck to them.

My involvement in the sport is very limited these days and it is quite simply down to people like 25 Minute Fan, anonymous windbags talking what emerges from an ox's behind. The forum's full of them. Thankfully the sport isn't but the stench spreads.

Some people try to achieve, others just to destroy. I know which side I'd rather be on.

Rob McCaffery.

Edited by rmc

I trimmed the post after I'd woken-up.... Now I see that it and my original posting have both been deleted, presumably because I made a justifiably adverse comment about someone in Steve's past who has the BSF management running scared.

I defend Steve because he is a friend and has earned my respect. By contrast I cannot respect someone who attacks another while hiding behind a pseudonym.

25 minute fan made a series of witless comments about Steve's past including an allegation that I had to refute: Bear in mind Steve recently had to take this poster to task:

'If the Rye House revival in 99 had to be rescued it was very well-hidden from everyone else involved, but then how would I know what was going on, I was only involved in it all?

Yes further cqapital needed to be introduced to actually get the Rockets back to Rye House the following year but it didn't have to be performed the disgusting way it was.'

If people prefer to believe the word of an anonymous critic against someone involved in what actually happened then good luck to them.

My involvement in the sport is very limited these days and it is quite simply down to people like 25 Minute Fan, anonymous windbags talking what emerges from an ox's behind. The forum's full of them. Thankfully the sport isn't but the stench spreads.

Some people try to achieve, others just to destroy. I know which side I'd rather be on.

Rob McCaffery.

Great news for Mildewhall somewhat dampened by the disappearance of your posts, Rob, but I couldn't agree more with the tenor of your post above.

PS How do you pronounce 'cqapital'?

Great news for Mildewhall somewhat dampened by the disappearance of your posts, Rob, but I couldn't agree more with the tenor of your post above.

PS How do you pronounce 'cqapital'?

PS How do you pronounce 'Mildewhall'? :unsure:

I have been asked to post the following official statement from the Mildenhall Fen Tigers.

"The new promotional team of the Mildenhall Fen Tigers would like to make it clear that statements made elsewhere regarding Steve Ribbons involvement with the club are not correct. Steve Ribbons has no role, financial or otherwise, at the club".

Just to follow up on this the intial statements seen on the internet and teletext that Steve was involved did not come from Steve himself but were an innocent assumption and the report has now been corrected.

Obviously I am delighted by this news and am so looking forward to getting back on the terraces of Mildenhall Stadium to cheer the Fen Tigers on but I also feel a great deal of sympathy for Steve Ribbons. As I have said before I don't know Steve but it does from the outside seem as if his efforts have helped us get to the situation of speedway running and it also looks like some of his ideas will be put into action. So for that I would like to thank him for his efforts and hope that he remains at least a fan of our club. Mildenhall is definitely a club that needs its fans and its sponsors!

SMS will continue the fight to raise both funds for the club and the profile of the club. We have achieved some good I believe and hopefully we will improve on that over the coming months and indeed years if that is what the promoters of the club want us to do.

So at least for us Tigers fans there is some good news, however I still think there are a lot of questions around the way speedway is run and that also needs to be examined so that the same things do not happen again.

Obviously I am delighted by this news and am so looking forward to getting back on the terraces of Mildenhall Stadium to cheer the Fen Tigers on but I also feel a great deal of sympathy for Steve Ribbons. As I have said before I don't know Steve but it does from the outside seem as if his efforts have helped us get to the situation of speedway running and it also looks like some of his ideas will be put into action. So for that I would like to thank him for his efforts and hope that he remains at least a fan of our club. Mildenhall is definitely a club that needs its fans and its sponsors!

SMS will continue the fight to raise both funds for the club and the profile of the club. We have achieved some good I believe and hopefully we will improve on that over the coming months and indeed years if that is what the promoters of the club want us to do.

So at least for us Tigers fans there is some good news, however I still think there are a lot of questions around the way speedway is run and that also needs to be examined so that the same things do not happen again.

It's a shame questions about the way speedway is run do spoil good news sometimes. Just wanted to say great news that the Fen Tigers will be running, and best of luck.

If the Rye House revival in 99 had to be rescued it was very well-hidden from everyone else involved, but then how would I know what was going on, I was only involved in it all?

Rob McCaffery.

Some people although enthusiastic and well meaning, live in cloud cuckoo land and try to do things they are not capable off, enjoying the noteriety at the same time and almost everyone whos came across the person I'm referring to will know what I mean!

Shame my honest, truthful post has been deleted!

The Rye House revival in 1999 led to the club returning to their spiritual home the next year which made it a very good, worthwhile exercise, but the Hoddesdon, Rye House stadium return probably wouldn't of happened without Len Silvers influence and finance even if he can be a funny old boy!

Please Mr McCaffery inform me whats factually wrong about the above paragraph!

The reopening of Wimbledon in 2002, although initially a bodge job served a useful purpose in that it opened the door to Plough Lane, which meant that when taken over by capable persons we were able to enjoy 4 seasons of Wimbledon Dons being back in the sport. This would not have happened with the original promtion involved in the Wimbledon 2002 revival!

Please Mr McCaffery inform me whats factually wrong about the above Paragraph!

The unamed gentlemen I'm referring too deserves credit for helping to start things going at Rye House and Wimbledon but not for what happened after the reopenings. Thats not derogetory one ounce, the truth again!

Who or what Iam or is irrelevent because I just speak from experience, using the truth and have never said anything derogstory about anyone on here so just because I don't give out my real name online doesn't make me a bad person or indeed those that do rightous and correct!

Your entitled to your own opinions, friends and associates Mr McCaffery but your assessment of a certain character we know I'm talking about is way, way out!

Still lets be glad that we have Mildenhall back in speedway!

Edited by 25yearfan

Whatever the in /outs which have happened, Im just very happy to see Mildenhall track a team, good luck for 2011.

Why dont you ALL :sad: stop all this bickering about the ins and outs of whats happened here at Mildenhall and just rejoice in that THE MILDENHALL TIGERS ARE BACK ON TRACK IN 2011 :D The winners are the fans for once and well done to Chris Louis and co for making this happen :D I will enjoy my Sundays again travelling up and down the A14 with the family and friends, watching speedway again at the best equipped stadium in the National league :D

Why dont you ALL :sad: stop all this bickering about the ins and outs of whats happened here at Mildenhall and just rejoice in that THE MILDENHALL TIGERS ARE BACK ON TRACK IN 2011 :D The winners are the fans for once and well done to Chris Louis and co for making this happen :D I will enjoy my Sundays again travelling up and down the A14 with the family and friends, watching speedway again at the best equipped stadium in the National league :D

Believe me nothing gives me greater pleasure than a speedway track reopening!

Lets hope that Mildenhalls rebirth this season is a success story that lasts for a lot of years!

Some people although enthusiastic and well meaning, live in cloud cuckoo land and try to do things they are not capable off, enjoying the noteriety at the same time and almost everyone whos came across the person I'm referring to will know what I mean!

Shame my honest, truthful post has been deleted!

The Rye House revival in 1999 led to the club returning to their spiritual home the next year which made it a very good, worthwhile exercise, but the Hoddesdon, Rye House stadium return probably wouldn't of happened without Len Silvers influence and finance even if he can be a funny old boy!

Please Mr McCaffery inform me whats factually wrong about the above paragraph!

The reopening of Wimbledon in 2002, although initially a bodge job served a useful purpose in that it opened the door to Plough Lane, which meant that when taken over by capable persons we were able to enjoy 4 seasons of Wimbledon Dons being back in the sport. This would not have happened with the original promtion involved in the Wimbledon 2002 revival!

Please Mr McCaffery inform me whats factually wrong about the above Paragraph!

The unamed gentlemen I'm referring too deserves credit for helping to start things going at Rye House and Wimbledon but not for what happened after the reopenings. Thats not derogetory one ounce, the truth again!

Who or what Iam or is irrelevent because I just speak from experience, using the truth and have never said anything derogstory about anyone on here so just because I don't give out my real name online doesn't make me a bad person or indeed those that do rightous and correct!

Your entitled to your own opinions, friends and associates Mr McCaffery but your assessment of a certain character we know I'm talking about is way, way out!

Still lets be glad that we have Mildenhall back in speedway!

25yearfan What you have to say on the subject is the important thing not who you are. From my perspective you have raised several valid and truthful points.

For some obscure reason RMC wants to know your name. He attacked me both on the forum calling me a coward for hiding behind a nickname and in a private communication. I took exception he then sent me an abusive private message and then blocked me thus not allowing me my right to reply. Seems he is rather childish in that way.

Sadly, but predictably, I had no support from the Forum administrators

You obviously have an interest in what happens at Mildenhall and i for one am glad it's back and wish all those involved the very best of luck

Don't be put off by the clique who feel they are better than you, it's just not worth it

Harry Ward (Name added for the benefit of RMC)