British Speedway Forum
heathen79

Nl Agm Outcomes 25/1/11

That seems strange to me... particularly as doubling up is permitted between EL/PL to enable PL riders to progress to EL. Is the point of the NL not to allow young british riders to improve, ergo try and get into the PL to further enhance their skill... and would no doubling up not be a stumbling point on this? Whilst fixture clashes can be an issue, particularly for those teams that are stand-alone... it would contradict what is theoretically one of the main reasons for the existence of this league.

i was trying to say that there will not be enough places for the riders out there . if the riders improve then let them move up . why do we have to go by el/pl rules do they go by ours

i was trying to say that there will not be enough places for the riders out there . if the riders improve then let them move up . why do we have to go by el/pl rules do they go by ours

I didn't say the NL had to go by PL/EL rules, though whilst I appreciate it seems the NL is of less importance to the BSPA than the other leagues, that doesn't mean to say the NL should shun them, or act as if they are completely separate. Ideally all 3 leagues need to run coinciding with each others so riders are able to progress through the ranks easier. Though that's slightly off topic...

First, the number of teams hasn't been confirmed yet. And yes, places may be harder to come by. But at least at first when moving to the PL, a young rider may need to ride both leagues to be able to afford it - whilst you get stars, not every rider moving up will immediately be scoring big points. I don't think preventing doubling up is the way to go about it; it isn't necessarily always heat leaders in the NL that double up.

Besides of which the number of teams isn't set in stone yet, and the rules haven't been announced. And if other rules such as relating to foreign riders in the NL, and age restrictions, for instance, were introduced, it may change the situation and thus the amount of places available to different 'groups' of people.

ive not seen any rules for the new season yet but if there are only 8/9 teams one rule they should have is no riders doubling up

What a stupid quote. N/L riders progress naturally to the P/L....whatever is the point of a bottom tier if not for the riders to move upwards!

What a stupid quote. N/L riders progress naturally to the P/L....whatever is the point of a bottom tier if not for the riders to move upwards!

whats so stupid most nl clubs will sign a rider who is in the pl already or has rode in there a few years and have already progressed

Confirmation that Hackney will replace Rye House Cobras. With the likes of Ben Morley, Shane Hazelden & Marc Owen in the team.

Also The National League Riders Championship is to be held at Rye on Sat 3rd Sept @ 7pm.

Full article here

whats so stupid most nl clubs will sign a rider who is in the pl already or has rode in there a few years and have already progressed

Thats right, riders do drop down to gain confidence etc. but it must work both ways, can't expect youngsters to hang about in this league if they want to progress to the P/L ( which is normally the case )....dont forget they dont get paid much in this league so I'd imagine they want to double up if possible. Riding 2 leagues is the only way some of these youngsters can meet the expense. they have the same outgoings with their bikes as in the prem.

Thats right, riders do drop down to gain confidence etc. but it must work both ways, can't expect youngsters to hang about in this league if they want to progress to the P/L ( which is normally the case )....dont forget they dont get paid much in this league so I'd imagine they want to double up if possible. Riding 2 leagues is the only way some of these youngsters can meet the expense. they have the same outgoings with their bikes as in the prem.

Agree couldn't have put it better myself June, well put. D

Does Anybody Know The Teams That Will Be In The Nl This Year

Buxton

Dudley

Hackney (Rye House/Lakeside combo)

Isle of Wight

King's Lynn

Newport

Scunthorpe

Stoke

Plus 2 new teams to be confirmed on Monday. One probably Belle Vue, the other possibly Peterborough, or Coventry or Sittingbourne or someone else.

A disconcerting rumour Downunder that there'll be no Commonwealth Riders in NL in 2011. If so it's a victory for the Little Englander/anti-Speedway Brigade and opens up more spots for superannuated Poms who can't cut it in PL I suppose.

A disconcerting rumour Downunder that there'll be no Commonwealth Riders in NL in 2011. If so it's a victory for the Little Englander/anti-Speedway Brigade and opens up more spots for superannuated Poms who can't cut it in PL I suppose.

And the Aussie leagues welcome alot of brits do they Dave!!!!!

I think you will find that its nothing to do with Little Englanders as you continue to put it,more like the borders agency new rules from i think april time last year!!

Do you want salt and vinegar on your chips?

No chips, thanks, 21stCH, I'm on a diet - mainly Humble Pie after the Ashes. Would you like some Cheese with your Whine? it's Vintage Australian Cheddar.

And the Aussie leagues welcome alot of brits do they Dave!!!!!

I think you will find that its nothing to do with Little Englanders as you continue to put it,more like the borders agency new rules from i think april time last year!!

What leagues are they, montie? You must know more about Aussie Speedway than I do, that's for sure.

Rumour's come out of the NL AGM, not the Bumper Fun Book for Bigotted Brits.

No chips, thanks, 21stCH, I'm on a diet - mainly Humble Pie after the Ashes. Would you like some Cheese with your Whine? it's Vintage Australian Cheddar.

What leagues are they, montie? You must know more about Aussie Speedway than I do, that's for sure.

Rumour's come out of the NL AGM, not the Bumper Fun Book for Bigotted Brits.

You are so way off the mark it's untrue.

When I get a minute I will PM you mate.

You are so way off the mark it's untrue.

When I get a minute I will PM you mate.

Just off out for a night's entertainment in Mildura, Mark - Lookout Sandbar!

FB or PM me if you bet the chance.