British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Fen Tigers Return

I know a just turned 16 year old who would be interested. I believe you know him quite well Nikko according to by brother :-D

I do indeed :blink:

About time we had some good news. Hope it all works out for the new promotion.

Fantastic news,not only that speedway is back but that it's being run by someone with a lot of experience, good luck to the new promotion,and although I do not know anything about Mr Ribbons, I think we should not overlook the part he played in all of this, it was his interest and application for league membership that got the Tigers as far as they did last week, but todays news is probably the best news to come out of West Row for some years. For those involved in the SMS campaign it must be especially satisfying.

Great news, look forward to some afternoon's (at least I hope they'll be afternoon meetings) at Mildenhall.

Edited by rhidassa

Brilliant news. I do wonder, however, if Louis & Lee had to agree to the same conditions asked of Mr Ribbons. If not, another strike against the corrupt BSPA. Great to hear the Fen Tigers roar in '11, though.

Fantastic news for Mildenhall and their supporters :approve: Not been there for quite a while but may well make some trips over this year. The curry sauce at the track is certainly the best I've tasted, so nice to see that returning as well hopefully :lol:

I have to be honest and admit that after last season my energy and interest with Mildenhall was waning somewhat, but this news is surely more positive than anyone could have ever imagined :approve: .

For some time a group of us have been saying that a tie up with Suffolk's other ( :wink: ) speedway team was the way to go. Now we have it and I for one cannot wait for the 2011 season to start.

Also the running of a Speedway Academy is further good news, and just maybe we may ,in future years, see a return to the days when Mildenhall produced some of the best young riders in the sport. I would expect young riders to be queueing up to learn from these three guys!

A big thank you to to Dave Coventry for his positiveness about speedway remaining at West Row Stadium since our closure in the summer:approve:

There is a SMS quiz night on Thursday 10th March at The Barton Bull, hopefully plenty will turn up and turn the evening into a celebration, I'm sure Simon may lead a warcry or ten :D

Someone mentioned the 2011 team, well I'd guess at Barrie Evans, Joe Jacobs, Ollie Rayson, plus four of Scott Campos, Matt Wright, Adam Kirby, James Brundle, unnamed Aussie!,Mark Baseby and Chris Mills plus many others I haven't thought of.

Fantastic news.

I have always had a soft spot for Mildenhall - one of the first 'away' set of fans I came across and without a doubt amongst the most passionate and friendly.

Delighted to hear these guys have their team back again, enjoy, I'm sure you will :D

Good to hear something positive. :D :D

Hope the court case has a satisfactory outcome. So it looks like it was all about Steve Ribbons after all.

Firstly i am delighted to see the Fen Tigers saved, but I would think it very unfair to say that Steve was the only stumbling block to the original application, bearing in mind that reports from that meeting suggest that the objections were as much about Dave Coventry.

Evidently those reports must have been inaccurate.

Now that matters have been resolved I wouldn't want Steve to be the scapegoat yet again, principally for standing up to the same BSPA that so many others condemn and yet do nothing to back their words up.

Incidentally the rightly praised link-up with Ipswich was part of the original plan.

Time to draw a line under it. Steve has walked away from the sport and some of the Wimbledon people can claim some kind of satisfaction.

The Fen Tigers have been saved and I am sure it will be far less of a fight to survive from now on.

Rob McCaffery.

Edited by rmc

Wow that's wonderful news so pleased for all at Mildenhall, and I have to say very, very pleased with the link up with the Witches, at last a chance for some youngsters to get on. Fingers crossed in the court case too!!!

Whoop whoop.....yippeeeee......wayhey! :approve:

Absolutely chuffed to bits to read this news, now keeping everything crossed that the court case has a good outcome too.

Very best of luck to all concerned with Mildenhall and those that have put in a LOT of time and effort since last July to get the Tigers back on track :approve: