Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Fen Tigers Return

Congratulations Mildenhall.....I'm so pleased for all the Mildy fans....great stuff!

A great venue for youngsters, well done Chris, Kevin and Mike :) ........... see King's Lynn and Ipswich as one in the end :)

:D:approve:

Congratulations Mildenhall. Delighted for you.

Now if only somehting similar could happen to the Wildcats.

Fingers crossed for you all down there.

Firstly i am delighted to see the Fen Tigers saved, but I would think it very unfair to say that Steve was the only stumbling block to the original application, bearing in mind that reports from that meeting suggest that the objections were as much about Dave Coventry.

Evidently those reports must have been inaccurate.

Now that matters have been resolved I wouldn't want Steve to be the scapegoat yet again, principally for standing up to the same BSPA that so many others condemn and yet do nothing to back their words up.

Incidentally the rightly praised link-up with Ipswich was part of the original plan.

Time to draw a line under it. Steve has walked away from the sport and some of the Wimbledon people can claim some kind of satisfaction.

The Fen Tigers have been saved and I am sure it will be far less of a fight to survive from now on.

Rob McCaffery.

Whatever the situation, Rob, I echo Posties comments that Steve's spade work almost certainly helped to enable the Fen Tigers to make a come back and for that reason he definitely deserves some credit. :approve:

I lost some desire to go to Mildenhall last season, but am really excited about the return. The team that will be running it certainly have experience, so should be great.

Lets hope it all runs well, looking forward to the season now....well done and good luck to all involved.

Great news!! Midly are back! Sensible idea of it becoming a "feeder" for Ipswich. Hope all goes well.

I lost some desire to go to Mildenhall last season, but am really excited about the return. The team that will be running it certainly have experience, so should be great.

Lets hope it all runs well, looking forward to the season now....well done and good luck to all involved.

That's almost as good news as the team returning. :D:approve:

You'll have to put up with the presence of your kid and Nikko, but you can't have everything :o:D

That's almost as good news as the team returning. :D:approve:

You'll have to put up with the presence of your kid and Nikko, but you can't have everything :o:D

Well it cant be all good news :P

great news, I may have to make a visit or two over to West Row this season :approve:

Great news!

Yes Steve Ribbons should be commended for his enthusiasm as you point out Rob but his previous record means that the BSPA won't ever take him seriously anymore and thats whay they are so anti towards him! (see my longer post in the other Mildenhall thread in the NL section to get a better impression of the above mentioned character and his relationship with the speedway authorities!)

Word of caution for the new promotion, something I'm sure they've considered? -

With the huge shot in the arm that Ipswich speedway have had in dropping down to the better run and more viable PL combined with getting together such a good team, Mildenhall has to be right otherwise people will stay away and get their speedway kick at Ipswich!

After speedway's winter of discontent, it's great to see such positive news.

Welcome back Mildenhall and looking forward to your clashes with the Young Stars B)

Would like to add my congratulations on this news. All Heathens fans are delighted that Mildenhall are back in the league and it looks to be with a very steadfast promotion there. Kevin Jolly appears to have worked tirelessly with whoever he needed to, Michael Lee is a huge name that can attract lots of interest and Chris Louis brings the expertise and promoting experience. Fantastic to hear, just what we were hoping for!

Great that common sense has now prevailed..Good that some more riders will get a team place that they might not have done.. And brilliant for us Hawks fans with local derbys a must visit,, always enjoyed our visits to the Fen Tigers..Bring it on...

Great news, enjoyed my trips to Mildenhall last season.

I know Robert will be pleased as well, he loved the place.

Chopper

Fantastic news!!! The club has an excellent management team that knows the sport inside out. Hopefully this will be the start of a period of much needed stability for the Fen Tigers.