British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Fen Tigers Return

Brilliant news. I haven't look forward to the start of the season so much since I was a kid watching Exeter in the 70's !!

Like many I've found the events of this winter shall we say tiresome?!! In fact earlier today a colleague burst out laughing when I tried to explain what had been going on at Elite level!

But thanks to Chris Kevin and Michael I won't be turning my back on speedway for a second time...I'll be looking forward to seeing speedway as it should be, providing entertainment and discovering the kids that will secure the sport's future..West Row here I come !!

I have been asked to post the following official statement from the Mildenhall Fen Tigers.

"The new promotional team of the Mildenhall Fen Tigers would like to make it clear that statements made elsewhere regarding Steve Ribbons involvement with the club are not correct. Steve Ribbons has no role, financial or otherwise, at the club".

Myself,like a couple of others lost interest in the sport mid way through last season.Hearing this news has definately made me want to go to speedway again.I've already exchanged a few txts with PhilK regarding the team line up ;) Something i thought i may not do again if i am honest.Having Louis and Lee on board will bring in vital experience into the team,and the link with Ipswich is cracking.Well done all involved.Looking foward to seeing some speedway for the first time since May :)

Myself,like a couple of others lost interest in the sport mid way through last season.Hearing this news has definately made me want to go to speedway again.I've already exchanged a few txts with PhilK regarding the team line up ;) Something i thought i may not do again if i am honest.Having Louis and Lee on board will bring in vital experience into the team,and the link with Ipswich is cracking.Well done all involved.Looking foward to seeing some speedway for the first time since May :)

I was just thinking after I saw Damon's post that all it needs is Adz back.......

See you there mate :D:approve:

Hi adz_mft

Make sure you login to the Official Fen Tigers forum and see the poll for who you want in the 2011 team.

Phil - you too

and of course, everyone else is welcome to vote in the poll :D

I was just thinking after I saw Damon's post that all it needs is Adz back.......

See you there mate

Oh dear you coming back Halifax :P:o:D

Oh dear you coming back Halifax :P:o:D

Sod off, quisling :D

And remember you are NOT doing the longest commute to home matches. :D

Taken from the Mildenhall Speedway website

FEN TIGERS READY TO RACE

By Mildenhall Speedway ~ Tuesday 8th February 2011

The Mildenhall Fen Tigers will race again in the 2011 National League under the promotion of Kevin Jolly, Chris Louis and Michael Lee. After an untimely closure midway through last season the British Speedway Promoters Association has accepted a rescue bid. Mildenhalls faithful fans thought that all hopes of the team returning to the track had been dashed when former Rye House and Wimbledon promoter Steve Ribbons bid had been turned down at the Leagues AGM in January. Ambitious plans to run an Academy alongside the team undoubtedly played a part in the BSPA’s decision to accept the eleventh hour bid. The new promoting team of Jolly, Louis and Lee couldn’t hide their enthusiasm as they spoke of the new era for the Fen Tigers.

Kevin Jolly;

I was certain that the proposal that Steve Ribbons and myself had put forward last month was sure to be accepted at the National League AGM so It’s an understatement to say I was shocked and disappointed at being turned down. Steve had put a lot of hard work in and I have to say that without that hard work we wouldn’t be where we are now, I am disappointed for him but it seems that the Academy being run alongside the club had a big impact on those making the decisions.

Chris Louis;

What a hectic winter it’s been for me in the Speedway world! After making the move to the Premier League with Ipswich any thoughts I had of taking a breather went to one side as soon as I heard of Mildenhalls failure to get back up and running. Something had to be done and when my calls to Kevin and Michael were met with such excitement and enthusiasm for getting behind the Fen Tigers we had to move fast. I have to thank the BSPA and Dave Coventry the stadium landlord for their cooperation as things had to move very quickly but they felt that we had the backing and they are very much behind our idea to get the academy up and running. It’s great news for the Sackers Witches too as I’m sure it won’t be too long before we see some local young talent finding their way up the ranks and hopefully making that short journey south!

Michael Lee;

It’s quite well documented that my involvement in Speedway has centred on helping young Brits over recent seasons not only through my engine business but passing on my knowledge and experience too. My work with riders like Danny King, Tai Woffinden and the lads at both Rye House and Mildenhall has been great so when I received the call from Chris I just could not pass up the chance to carry that on in a big way. To say I’m excited about the whole project would be an understatement but I’m just so pleased for the local fans that love this club and now they can continue to enjoy their Sunday afternoons at West Row. Simon Barton and all the many people supporting the SMS project have to be thanked not only for keeping Mildenhall in the forefront of peoples minds but also highlighting the great support the club has.

Incorrect statement:

It has been stated elsewhere that Steve Ribbons is funding the new promotion team at Mildenhall Speedway. This is not correct, Steve Ribbons has no involvement with Mildenhall Speedway whatsoever.

Good to hear something positive. :D :D

Hope the court case has a satisfactory outcome. So it looks like it was all about Steve Ribbons after all.

I did get dogs abuse from certain quarters for suggesting he doesn't come over very well.And not one appology when i was pretty much proved right in a matter of a day or so.Come on down Mr rmc + co :neutral:

I did get dogs abuse from certain quarters for suggesting he doesn't come over very well.And not one appology when i was pretty much proved right in a matter of a day or so.Come on down Mr rmc + co :neutral:

Bit unnecessary, Iris.

In fact, if you listen to Chris Louis's interview on BBC Radio Suffolk he gives Steve Ribbons a lot of credit and suggests that there may be a place for him at Mildenhall.

Bit unnecessary, Iris.

It is 100% true.If you read my first post, i said off the top of my head, that from previous posts from the guy i would be very careful....a day or so later he had his post modded for libelous rantings.I mean if that didn't prove me right what would? :blink: And rmc +co seemed to disappear into thin air at that time after slagging me off for what i said B)

Edited by iris123

It is 100% true.If you read my first post, i said off the top of my head, that from previous posts from the guy i would be very careful....a day or so later he had his post modded for libelous rantings.I mean if that didn't prove me right what would? :blink: And rmc +co seemed to disappear into thin air at that time after slagging me off for what i said B)

I didn't say you were wrong, I just didn't think it was necessary.

Sod off, quisling :D

And remember you are NOT doing the longest commute to home matches. :D

Fancy callling me a facist collaborator :shock: