Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Fen Tigers Return

Glad Mildenhall are back next season, will be my temporary speedway fix for the season, till the mess in the Elite League will be sorted.

This is good news and a chance for Suffolk to 'home grow' their own talent, once again. With Chris at the helm, perhaps the glory days for both Mildenhall and Ipswich will return. And of course, the other 'heavy weights' behind the venture. Not religious, but Praise the Lord! Some good news at last!

Would be a decent team Simon, would be nice to see Niall Strudwick given one of the reserve berths though on a 3 point average.

Yes quite agree, the lad was named at no8 last year but the team folded before he got his chance, and was clearly a cut above the rest of the other second half riders, time to give the young ENGLISH rider a chance, he deserves it

Edited by little kelv

Great that Mildenhall are back hope to be waving the chequered flag for them again.

Mildenhall Speedway are pleased to announce that Jack Hargreaves is the next rider to join the Fen Tigers line-up. Returning after a two-year break Jack is very excited about the prospect of riding at Mildenhall.

On BSPA site

Edited by Nikko

Mildenhall Speedway are pleased to announce that Jack Hargreaves is the next rider to join the Fen Tigers line-up. Returning after a two-year break Jack is very excited about the prospect of riding at Mildenhall.

On BSPA site

Good signing :approve:

I agree, very good rider, and a 100% tryer, i have seen him a few times at the SBA, not a rider you want to mess with,a very aggressive rider with a will to win, a bit like Sam Hurst, a rider i allways liked to see ride and talk to, great to see Jack back.

Edited by Roger MARTIN

Was a quality rider at National League level before his break from the sport.

Little surprised he has been given an average in excess of 8.00 after two years out of the sport - but will be interesting to see how his comeback goes and if he can rediscover something like his best form from a few seasons ago, then he'll be a very good signing for the Fen Tigers.

Edited by neil3065

Was a quality rider at National League level before his break from the sport.

Little surprised he has been given an average in excess of 8.00 after two years out of the sport

Interesting point Neil, I did think much the same.

Using Malcolm Vasey's excellent 'A Complete A-Z of all riders with Averages, CMA's or other records 1994-2009'

Jack Hargreaves record is as follows

2003 - Wolverhampton 4 meetings - CMA 3.24

2004 - Stoke 23 meetings - 6.86

2005 - Stoke 24 meetings - 9.32

2006 - Stoke/Cleveland 11 meetings - 9.42

2007 - Stoke/Cleveland 7 meetings - 6.00

So he has not ridden in the National League for the last three seasons,although he did ride for Birmingham in the Premier League in 2008

2008 - Birmingham 17 meetings - 3.66

Maybe a fairer average would have been doubling up his 2008 PL average to 7.32? as it is hard to see where 8.30 comes from. But then I think we have been here before at the start of the 2009 season :o

Whatever if his passion is still there for the sport and with the guidance of our three promoters I dont see any reason why Jack cannot post an average similar to his 2005/2006 efforts.

The 8.30 seems to have come from nowhere tbh.Even if it is double his last pl average,he should still be entitled to some sort of reduction as he hasn't ridden since 08.Hope so anyway as it doesn't leave us with a lot of choice for the final 3

Phil you are qouting a mixture abpve of CMA's (with bonus points) and 4 Race averages (no bonus points).

Official figures these days are worked out now using the four race average without bonus points and based only on League matches. I include both in my books so that they can be compared with the situation when CMA's were the figures used.

My figures are meant to indicate a Rider's career record and therefore include everything. (League/Cup/Trophy/Shield)

They never reduce averages for the National League and they never use a Premier League average if there is a National League one available.

Malcolm Vasey

On BSPA site

Depends on which Jack Hargreaves turns up to ride. If its the one that wants to ride then he will do well, if its the wannabe playboy his average will halve.

I have to admit I liked watching Jack at Stoke, I hope that a bit of maturity will be the final ingredient in him making a go at Speedway.

Phil you are qouting a mixture abpve of CMA's (with bonus points) and 4 Race averages (no bonus points).

Official figures these days are worked out now using the four race average without bonus points and based only on League matches. I include both in my books so that they can be compared with the situation when CMA's were the figures used.

My figures are meant to indicate a Rider's career record and therefore include everything. (League/Cup/Trophy/Shield)

They never reduce averages for the National League and they never use a Premier League average if there is a National League one available.

Malcolm Vasey

I only used the CMA's but thanks for clearing that up Malcolm, I've burned the book :D (only joking :wink: )

Edited by PhilK

I only used the CMA's but thanks for clearing that up Malcolm, I've burned the book :D (only joking :wink: )

I have highlighted the one that is not a CMA. Don't you dare argue with me or I will ensure Lowestoft score another 8 goals on Tuesday after today'ss blitz against Hendon.

Malcolm Vasey

Edited by Proud Potter

Don't you dare argue with me or I will ensure Lowestoft score another 8 goals on Tuesday after today'ss blitz against Hendon.

Malcolm Vasey

What was that in Malcolm? Ladies Hockey? :unsure: