British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
clapo1992

Telford 13th Feb

which meeting will be the most entertaining out of the 2 on sunday? will it be the team meeting or the individual?

Edited by clapo1992

Looking at the line up, none of them. Jesus!

Adam McKinna

Christian Hulshorst

Jack Hargreaves

Luke Priest

Gary O'Hare

Matyas Hlavacek

Aidan Collins

Tony Atkin

Lee Smart

A bunch of nobodies and NL riders.

And after the last but one Telford where they fiddled things to make sure Stekkers won, I won't ever be returning.

Looking at the line up, none of them. Jesus!

Adam McKinna

Christian Hulshorst

Jack Hargreaves

Luke Priest

Gary O'Hare

Matyas Hlavacek

Aidan Collins

Tony Atkin

Lee Smart

A bunch of nobodies and NL riders.

And after the last but one Telford where they fiddled things to make sure Stekkers won, I won't ever be returning.

plus

Ed Kennett

David Howe

Thomas Jorgensen

Martin Smolinski

Hynek Stichauer

Ben Barker

Jordan Frampton

Due to changes in plans I'm going - good to catch up with a few people. Not always the best speedway, but I'm not expecting a GP Final!

And I thought Smoli is the reigning Champ?

Edited by Sandie

Would have thought that former winner Graham Jones would have been offered a place in this .... he certainly lives close enough and even today would be among the favourites

Then why not spend tomorrow evening rocking your socks off?? :D

It's a big gig all in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support with, I promise you PLENTY of speedway interest, with many fans already pledging to travel up from...... well:

GO ALONG TO: ST GEORGES HALL, St Georges Avenue, Northampton NN2 6JA from 7.30pm till late and dress to impress! :wink:

Admission just £15

Food, Bar, Guest appearances and Charity auction too!

It'll be a great night with DJ Matt Potter and LIVE Rockin music from THE SPLINTERS and their star drummer who's Britain's next Cozy Powell, Sandy Nelson, Ringo Starr and the late John Bonham all rolled into one and he's..... well find out tomorrow! :lol:

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE YOU PEOPLE!

Looking forward to this, at the end the day its just a bit of fun and its not all about the line-up. Someone like Tony Atkin is ideal for Telford with his experince on Ice and the fact in paired up with Eddie Kennett to the pairs wins in 2007 and 2008. You want riders that know what they are doing on ice and can entertain the crowd, so in that regard its a good line-up. The defending Brits Open Champion Martin Smolinski is back to defend that so It should be a good fun day. A chance to catch up with other fans and enjoy the smell and noise, thats why I enjoy indoor events. :D

Telford is such a nice place, with a very good shopping centre, parks and plenty of places to eat. This year in the International Centre right near the Ice Rink theres a Classic Off Road and Road Racing show between 10 and 3.30pm, Adults £10, Kids go free. Links about it below.

http://www.southwatereventgroup.com/classic-off-road-&-racing-show

http://www.classicoffroadshow.com/

Edited by Brummie Kev

I'm going, though to be honest if I had not already paid for the tickets I wouldn't be bothering. I am pretty down on speedway at the moment to be honest, the missus says she is not going even though she has a ticket, so I will probably have one spare if anyone wants it.

Regards, Martin

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to share texting duties with another? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Must admit, im looking forward to seeing some speedway and a chance to forget the politics for a change :approve:

Anyone just see it advertised on Sky Sports News, fantastic coverage!! :approve: . They have a reporter there and will be showing a few highlights throughout the day.

Updates on the first meeting availabe Here

Just got back, it was just ok, didnt bother getting evening ticket, first half entertainment was barker coming out giving it some riding up to the tapes for his first race and looking a plonker in every race. martin and eddie were great entertainment, the first part was enough, think each race should of been 6 laps, would i go again next year, No but i did enjoy it for what it was today.