British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
clapo1992

Telford 13th Feb

Was a laugh, as it always is. Nothing massively serious, and lots of laughs.

As for the individual meeting, Atkin was a deserved winner, and you could tell how much it meant to him!

As for the individual meeting, Atkin was a deserved winner, and you could tell how much it meant to him!

A Welsh winning weekend all round eh?! Commiserations to my Scottish mates of course! :wink:

A very long but fun day out.Left home at 8am and back home at 2am.

1st time back at Telford for over 10 years.Great to meet up with so many friends.From Plymouth to Berwick and most places in between.

Well done to Tony Atkin for his win,thoroughly deserved.

Loved Smoli and friends for their entertainment before and after races.They were clearly having fun.

Now,can we PLEASE get on with the 'real' thing?

Hope to see a lot of folk at Scunny for the Benfund meeting.

A Welsh winning weekend all round eh?! Commiserations to my Scottish mates of course! :wink:

Must make up a little for the dicking you got the weekend before, isnt it. :wink:

Agreed. It isn't for the purists but the smell is good and the meeting with friends is the bestest xx.

Tony really wanted the win. And Martin in 2nd place (only dropping a point to Tony) was a good result.

Eddie came out a gave it his all - some good and not so good races - but had me peeking out from behind my programme at times as he seemed to be to fast, scary stuff!.

And Ben, I think he was missing the shale!!

Good day overall, but as Bob says - lets get the real thing moving.

Gary O'Hare - an inspiration to pie-eaters eveywhere :wink:

Pairs final was a genuinely good race, but otherwise this was an opportunity to meet and chew the fat over the winter's events

Pairs final was a genuinely good race, but otherwise this was an opportunity to meet and chew the fat over the winter's events

That's a long way to travel, and a very expensive one at that, just for a chat and one decent race!!! ...

I'm glad I kept my hard earned money in my pocket this time

i guess theres a compliment in this somewhere !

Quite enjoyed it don't think anyone in their right mind would expect serious racing here at Telford, its not big enough ! There were some harem scarum moments, was very impressed with Jack Hargraves and Lee Smart. Shame Smoli didn't retain his title he certainly deserved an award for most entertaing rider thats for sure!

Ben Barker should have got pratt of the match award, came out giving it the big un reving up and roaring the throttle and promptly fell off and never got to grips with the Ice afterwards :oops: . Lets hope he rides for the Brummies better than this lol.

Shame there wasn't more disabled parking available, and the nearby catering outlets leave a lot to be desired !

Other than that a great day out mmmmmmmmmmm I can still smell it !!!!!!!!!

GAry was one of the highlights of the day. Great fun to watch and I would love to know what the discussion was between him and Tony Steele.

We were on your side Gary!!!!

Well done to all the riders for an entertaining day. Clearly putting the power down on ice and getting a good gate was vital, as well as riding a tight line since riding the boards was a no goer -except for Ben Barker ( is he always so up himself?? )

Well done to Thomas Jorgensen winning the 3 legged race with Mr entertainer Martin Smolinski- at least the Scorps won something. :wink:

Is Martin Smolinski the personality our sport needs to give it a lift in the way Sheene and Hunt did??? What a great guy totally immersed in the whole proceedings -Thanks.

On the negative side, the PA system was totally crap and interviews nigh impossible to hear. Why does my Sat Nav try and send me on Toll Motorways constantly around West Midlands??? :lol::lol::lol:

and the nearby catering outlets leave a lot to be desired !

I ate at the Costa outlet at the nearby cinema and it was fine, if predictable. There's also a big, modern pub at the top of the road (The Severn Gorge?) which had a very busy carvery on. But given that your post mentioned disabled parking either of those alternatives would presumably have entailed a drive and the potential loss of a parking spot on return.

Enjoyed that, good to meet up with some of the old faces, liked the racing, Atkin the best of the day, Barker just the usual prat, O`hare well done mate, should have been put back in the re-run in my view.

Smartie, Hargreaves and Collins all ex Brummies did us proud, the Two germans entertained us, didnt thnik much of the half time entertainment.

The pairs was a good event and a lot of good racing alround,perhaps dont invite Barker next year, get a proper rider in.

Why is there always people having a go at Ben barker and his attitude he is just a normal young man full of youthfull exuberance and was very helpfull in carring my daughter in a pushchair up the steps with me after the afternoon meeting. One thing I would say though he doesnt like getting his hair wet!!

Well done to all the riders for an entertaining day. Clearly putting the power down on ice and getting a good gate was vital, as well as riding a tight line since riding the boards was a no goer -except for Ben Barker ( is he always so up himself?? )

Well done to Thomas Jorgensen winning the 3 legged race with Mr entertainer Martin Smolinski- at least the Scorps won something. :wink:

Is Martin Smolinski the personality our sport needs to give it a lift in the way Sheene and Hunt did??? What a great guy totally immersed in the whole proceedings -Thanks.

On the negative side, the PA system was totally crap and interviews nigh impossible to hear. Why does my Sat Nav try and send me on Toll Motorways constantly around West Midlands??? :lol::lol::lol:

Try setting your sat nav to avoide the toll roads :) Edited by MOT