British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

8 Man Teams

And this shortage of rider everyone predicted. My phone never stops ringing with calls from riders without a team.

Malcolm said this in another topic, The NL is the league which its major aim is to give Young riders oportunities to begin a career in Speedway, another of its aims is for new Tracks to establish themselves on the speedway ladder, but another reason should be to trial NEW Ideas before introducing them to the proffesional Teams in the PL and EL, the NL should LEAD in this not follow as in the play off idea.

With Malcolms comments is it time for the 8 man Team formula to be re introduced for the 2012 season, giving MORE oportunity for YOUNG riders to be given Team places ?.

Whilst I agree with the logic of your comments this is not the time to consider increasing costs in this way.

Any available money would be better spent on the development of a structure for riders aged 11 to 14.(Possibly even earlier)

Start to get that right and the sport will grow.

Malcolm Vasey

Edited by Proud Potter

Whilst I agree with the logic of your comments this is not the time to consider increasing costs in this way.

Any available money would be better spent on the development of a structure for riders aged 11 to 14.(Possibly even earlier)

Start to get that right and the sport will grow.

Malcolm Vasey

Malcolm,

When can you start in your new job!!!

Martin

Any available money would be better spent on the development of a structure for riders aged 11 to 14.(

So why hasnt Eric Gundersson been taken up on his offer ??

Tell me more?

Malcolm Vasey

Malcolm,

Eric Gundersen has made an offer to "British Speedway" on three occasions to my knowledge to come over to the UK and help set up youth speedway on the lines of how it is run in Denamrk, and at no cost, but that doesn't detract from the fact that you are right man to take it forward!!! Come on you know you can do it.

Martin

I believe it would be good to trial a squad system in NL

therefore giving lots of riders opportunities - it has to be made aware riders need to have an income other than from any racing, and for many its more of a hobby - so if it was more acceptable to do a few meetings in a season it would attract more riders and also help develop a lot more too.

Im sure this idea could tap into the Amateur speedway world and give some of these guys an opportunity

I would have thought that riding time is limited enough for those in the NL already without sharing it out.

Malcolm,

Eric Gundersen has made an offer to "British Speedway" on three occasions to my knowledge to come over to the UK and help set up youth speedway on the lines of how it is run in Denamrk, and at no cost, but that doesn't detract from the fact that you are right man to take it forward!!! Come on you know you can do it.

Martin

If Eric Gundersen is not required there could not possibly be any involvement for me.

The fact is we have had an Under 21 Speedway management system for some time but nothing from that seems to have been done as far as I am aware at the very youngest level.

I suspect that this is on financial grounds but that is just my opinion and not based on any empirical knowledge.

I would love to see the development of an Action Plan for those wishing to enter the sport together with a publicity campaign and suitable encouragement for the youngsters who wish to do so. Clearly the Danish Model works so why not use that for a start with guidnace from Eric Gundersen. Experience may indicate variations to suit our environment and geography and the level of uptake.

Know a good sponsor Martin? That would seem to be the key.

Malcolm Vasey