British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue Colts Team

Thank you AndyP. That link was not there before!

Thank you AndyP. That link was not there before!

That's because I've only just added it. :)

They needed typing up really as they were sent to us as a scanned pdf, but I've displayed it as a jpg to give you guys something to work from for now.

Cheers Andy. :)

--------------------------------

I'm not quite so convinced about this line-up as some seem to be. To me it looks as though they're taking a punt in every area of the team (by which I mean heat leader, 2nd string and reserve). Yes, it could work out but it looks a bit of a risky strategy and realistically you don't go in to a season thinking all of your riders will make a big step up. You hope a couple can, you hope a couple might edge up a bit, a solid scorer somewhere that you can rely on (which they have in McKinna IMO), and you accept at least one maybe two riders could have a poor season. It's a wild generalisation of course, but it's fair assessment of how things usually pan-out in the real world.

Quite rightly people will point to the potential improvement in Garrity. But I think there may be too much pressure too soon and hope that this aspect is monitored by those around him. He has very fast equipment but is extremely wild, to put it politely. He averaged 5 last season but from reserve. To expect him to become a heat leader this season may pile pressure on him and make him ride in an even more desperate manner. If has a safe and steady season and ends with a 6-point average riding in the 1-5 all season then that will be progress, and perhaps next season could be the big one. I just sense some may be expecting him to average 8 and score double-figures home and away on a regular basis. Two 3-pointers at reserve is a risk too. There could be some tough away-days.

Of course I could completely change my mind when all the team are finalised. :lol:

Very rarely do we disagree 21st, YES, the main issue is Jason Garrity, and according to OFFICIAL figures he will start the season at reserve http://www.speedwaygb.co/nlgreensheets10.html on an average of 4.94, that is one heck of an advantage for Belle Vue to begin the season with, Byron many of OUR supporters wanted him to be in the Heathens Team, and he will be there No1 to begin the season with, i would expect normal improvement from Kyle Howarth which should push him up to around the 8 point mark, Mckinna will be around the upper sixes, lower sevens with the odd double figure score, the gamble they have taken is with Mason and Richardson who whatever else will average around 5 points each, no pressure will be on young Widman whatsoever, so i will stay with my earlier assesment of making BV my early season pacesetters, but this is shaping up to be a season to look forward to in the NL. :wink:

Very rarely do we disagree 21st, YES, the main issue is Jason Garrity, and according to OFFICIAL figures he will start the season at reserve http://www.speedwaygb.co/nlgreensheets10.html on an average of 4.94, that is one heck of an advantage for Belle Vue to begin the season with, Byron many of OUR supporters wanted him to be in the Heathens Team, and he will be there No1 to begin the season with, i would expect normal improvement from Kyle Howarth which should push him up to around the 8 point mark, Mckinna will be around the upper sixes, lower sevens with the odd double figure score, the gamble they have taken is with Mason and Richardson who whatever else will average around 5 points each, no pressure will be on young Widman whatsoever, so i will stay with my earlier assesment of making BV my early season pacesetters, but this is shaping up to be a season to look forward to in the NL. :wink:

Bspa website has derek Richardson on a 3 pt average !!! surely it should be scott richardson

on a 5.16 ave ?

Bspa website has derek Richardson on a 3 pt average !!! surely it should be scott richardson

on a 5.16 ave ?

FAIL!

How difficult is it to get a name right?

If your the BSPA its mission impossible......

FAIL!

How difficult is it to get a name right?

If your the BSPA its mission impossible......

They may put it right tomorrow.

Today they have put right "Tim Webster" in the Stoke line-up. Yesterday it said "Mark Webster"

They have Nick Simmons correctly listed for IOW but against his name they have Mark Simmonds' average.

Edited by John Leslie

Today they have put right "Tim Webster" in the Stoke line-up. Yesterday it said "Mark Webster"

They have Nick Simmons correctly listed for IOW but against his name they have Mark Simmonds' average.

:lol: seriously isn't that difficult. Well it shouldn't be ;).

Colts team announced tonight at Belle Vue :

Jason Garrity 

Kyle Howarth

Adam Mckinna

Karl Mason

Chris Widman

Scott Richardson

Byron Becker

That looks to be a very good strong team!....Up there to challange for honours I think.......special best wishes and lots of good luck to Byron and Scott.....stay safe!

Ahhh now that puts a different perspective on it. When I scanned over the teams on the BSPA website before posting it hadn't been changed. So I was seeing two 3-pointers at reserve and Garrity starting in the top 5.

I think I must have been watching the darts when I updated the Stoke signing of Tim/ Mark Webster. :oops:

I have now also corrected Nick Simmons average. The PDF we were sent is hard to read with my tired ageing eyes - well that's my excuse anyway.

I think I must have been watching the darts when I updated the Stoke signing of Tim/ Mark Webster. :oops:

I have now also corrected Nick Simmons average. The PDF we were sent is hard to read with my tired ageing eyes - well that's my excuse anyway.

You sure it wasn't channel 914 which distracted you Pove?

Yes, Jason at reserve is the "Ace" in the Pack so to speak, and i was of the opinion whichever Team had Jason at reserve for the begining of the season would have one heck of an advantage at seasons start.