Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oldswindonsupporter

Nl Fixtures

Peter Morrish is still busy typing them up on his 1935 typewriter.

Have you seen the state of the 2010 NL Green Sheets page on the BSPA website?

Microsoft Excel hasn't reached the NL yet.

Oh dear, what an absolute shambles.

I've checked and double-checked these figures, and as far as I'm concerned, there umpteen inaccuracies.

Whilst I wouldn't fool myself by saying my figures are all correct, although I think they probably are, those shown on the BSPA website certainly contain errors.

Mr Morrish has in my opinion not rounded up on a number of occassions, which as far as I know is the correct procedure, and if it's not, then I'll offer my humble apologies, and go and hide in a corner!!

Instances where I think this has occured are as follows: -

Craig Cook 10.71 (should be 10.72)

Todd Kurtz 9.01 (should be 9.02)

James Brundle 8.97 (should be 8.98)

Kyle Hughes 8.96 (should be 8.97)

Jon Armstrong 8.61 (should be 8.62)

Paul Starke 8.06 (should be 8.07)

Adam Allott 7.63 (should be 7.64)

James Cockle 7.46 (should be 7.47)

Jake Anderson 7.02 (should be 7.03)

Michael Dyer 6.97 (should be 6.98)

Mark Burrows 6.76 (should be 6.77)

Tim Webster 6.68 (should be 6.69)

Kyle Howarth 6.61 (should be 6.62)

Benji Compton 6.28 (should be 6.29)

Gary Irving 6.25 (should be 6.26)

Tom Brown 6.20 (should be 6.21)

Lee Smethills 5.70 (should be 5.71)

Lewis Kerr 5.48 (should be 5.49)

Richard Franklin 5.39 (should be 5.40)

Scott Richardson 5.16 (should be 5.17)

Jason Garrity 4.94 (should be 4.95)

Ashley Birks 4.92 (should be 4.93)

Ben Morley 4.88 (should be 4.89)

Lewis Dallaway 4.35 (should be 4.36)

Aaron Baseby 3.81 (should be 3.82)

Tom Hill 3.38 (should be 3.39)

I know that highlighting differences of 0.01 might seem a bit extreme, but that can/could affect whether a rider gets a team place or not.

If a rider is no longer in a teams declared squad, but takes the place of an injured rider in another outfit, although not in that teams official declared side, then does that count towards the said riders average? In other words if he rides as a guest, although I think that is a terminology not used in the National League.

The reason I ask that is because I also don't agree the averages for Jay Herne, Chris Mills, Nicki Glanz, Jerran Hart, Barrie Evans, Joe Jacobs, Jonathan Bethell, Terry Day, Luke Priest, Ricky Scarboro, Gary Beaton, Gareth Isherwood, Oliver Rayson, James White-Williams, Scott Campos, Matt Bates, John Resch, Daniel Blake, James Sarjeant and Luke Chessell.

Like Peter Morrish, I'm ashamed to say that I do all my workings on a calculator, as I don't know how to utilise the Excel facility, so I'm not naive enough to say I haven't erred somewhere along the line, but not the above amount of times.

Mike

Some comprehensive work there Mike :) ^^^

Anyway yet again it seems to me that NL fans have to wait, and wait when PL & EL fans knew several weeks ago. The whole 'we're delaying the AGM because we don't know whether Cov/Boro will be in' excuse can't even be used now, and seeing as the EL fixtures came out a few weeks ago, yet there still seems to be the possibility of them returning, dicredits that excuse when it was used earlier this winter. When it comes out in official channels that Thursday will be the realease date, then Thursday should be the release date! I'm just hoping that they're only one day late *ignores the fact they were supposed to be out weeks ago* :rolleyes:

Edited by Islander15

When it comes out in official channels that Thursday will be the realease date, then Thursday should be the release date!

Completely agree :approve:

You would have thought that after all that has happened over the winter every effort would be being made to ensure that the administration of British Speedway was in good hands.

Clearly not, and a very poor show indeed :angry:

i think mr morrish should be replaced by malcolm vasey or tony steel

I think Malcolm Vasey would be a very good idea, who knows, one day maybe.

Wot still no fixtures ??????

Did not want to know about them anyway. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think Malcolm Vasey would be a very good idea, who knows, one day maybe.

I agree, he would one day in the future. He's passionate about British speedway at this level, very knowledgeable, definitely would be professional & would do whatever is in the best interests of the sport & this level of speedway.

I think in the future if he was ever interested in doing it he would be a brilliant choice.

Full Mildenhall fixture now on the official website plus reaction from Michael Lee

www.mildenhallfentigers.co

why no heathens meetings at perry barr this season?

I think the Heathens fans preferred Monmore Green for a number of reasons and their promotion decided to race there all the time this season. I went to both venues last year for some of the Heathens Matches and by far the biggest crowds were at Monmore rarther then Perry Barr. So it makes sense for them to move all their meetings there.

However there will be one Heathens Match at Perry Barr, against the Birmingham Bulls on Sunday 1st May. Sure to be a big crowd for that one. :approve:

why no heathens meetings at perry barr this season?

Tony

I believe they decided some months ago that Wolverhampton was the favoured option for most of the Heathens fans.

Edit - just noted that Brummie Kev beat me to it!

Edited by WembleyLion

Tony

I believe they decided some months ago that Wolverhampton was the favoured option for most of the Heathens fans.

Edit - just noted that Brummie Kev beat me to it!

that's what i get for not buying the speedway star eddie! :rolleyes: