British Speedway Forum

Well done Scotty -- you did indeed do your daughter and family proud. Hard luck to a very brave Tai who continued to ride through obvious pain and discomfort :approve:

Inept decision in the last run of the final. Hard luck to Eddie who lost control just as he was hitting the front and even more so to Tai on a number of occasions.

Congratulations to Nicholls.

Nothing wrong with the pass in my book, was probably the only gap Nicholls was going to get so he had to go for it.

Agreed. It was very, very hard, but bearing in mind the track conditions by then, you either had to be very forceful or first loser.

Nicholls went for it and congratulations to him on his win.

Credit to Harris for his actions. I was impressed.

The track conditions at the end of the meeting were a bit disappointing, but other than that, it was a very entertaining British Final.

Certainly the best I can remember for many a year.

Another fantastic speedway meeting ruined by Pearson's OTT commentary and his sucking up to his favourite riders.

I enjoyed the meeting all the same but I have to admit the constant asking of the riders whether they thought winning the meeting to be British Champion or for the Cardiff ride was more important really, REALLY got on my nerves, the question should never have been asked ffs!! Talk about belittling the British title, what did they want them to say, "nah I'm only here cos I want the Cardiff ride!" Hardly the way to instill british pride!!!!!!

Had to feel for Tai as I think he would have got the win in the 2nd running of the final, what was that move of Kennetts??

terrible meeting, nothing happened, doubt i'll bother watching speedway on tv again. :lol:

well done Scott Nicholls. Other riders were unfortunate but he had the worst gate in the final and still won.

felt sad for Tai as he looked in agony and Bomber did jump the start to push him wide. Wonder if we will see him race in the near future as he must have ruined his shoulder again with 3 falls

Edited by Mark

Great meeting and from my eyes the perfect winner. If Harris had of won it still would of been the perfect winner. They got to tonights meeting on there riding skill. Unlike wuffy who sky wanted there, I can't see why as they back British speedway very well and Wuffy didn't even know if he was British last year. I also think it's time that it's held on a neutral track.

Well Done Scott Nicholls, realy wanted young Tai to do it, and it did look as though he was going to even with the dodgey shoulder.

For me Bomber was a credit to British Speedway, no tantrums about the move by Scott, and I would say a must to Captain the team for the WTC.

Decent enough meeting.

For those whining about Steads inclusion here's what would've happened had he ridden. He would have scored 7 points, fallen off at least once and the screaming idiot would have lost his load whilst describing Steads "wonderful style". See, you didn't miss much.

Well done Scotty

Great meeting and from my eyes the perfect winner. If Harris had of won it still would of been the perfect winner. They got to tonights meeting on there riding skill. Unlike wuffy who sky wanted there, I can't see why as they back British speedway very well and Wuffy didn't even know if he was British last year. I also think it's time that it's held on a neutral track.

I think Wuffy proved on track that he deserved to be there. And when did he ever change allegiance from British? He has always denied any rumours and has stated he is British and always will be.

I think Wuffy proved on track that he deserved to be there. And when did he ever change allegiance from British? He has always denied any rumours and has stated he is British and always will be.

Is that why he has an Aussie tattoo on his back.

Haha, Woffinden so took a dive there :)

Agreed. Classic Wolves' dive. Didn't gate, slid off. :rolleyes:

Think Freddie in heat 13 of the 2009 final.

Is that why he has an Aussie tattoo on his back.

I have chinese writing on my arm, dont make me Chinese does it??? Tye is British through and through, born in Scunthorpe, not his choice he LIVED in Aussie is it? Give the lad a break!!

What a great british final, pleased that we now have our top 2 at cardiff, only negative was that silly woman sky still persist in letting lose with a microphone asking stupid questions all night.

Chinese writing is a bit different to a another national flag being tattooed. Wearing the Aussie team shirt in the world cup a couple of years ago didn't go down to well either. Just ask andy Murray what wearing a rivals team shirt does to your popularity.

The ref spoiled the meeting Harris jumped at the start pushing tai wide and out of the race should have been called back. Scot Nichols wins the meeting is crowned British champion god help us before that in the in the previous re run what was kennet doing the move was stupid no way could he dive in to the third bend like that with out causing trouble a stupid move by a rider riding above his ability