British Speedway Forum

If Harris had come off then Nicholls would been excluded, the fact remains no matter what the move a ref will never take any action unless a rider falls off ,monday was a classic example .

I thought referees had the power to exclude a rider for dangerous riding... which Scott certainly did. Whether or not the referees have the 'bottle' to do that is another question. A bit of leaning on a bend is one thing, out and out barging is another.. a lesser rider could well have lost control and gone down with serious consequences.

I hope if Bomber repays the compliment at Cardiff to pass Scott, I hope that Scott will be as gentlemanly and so gracious in accepting it... but somehow I doubt it.

All I'm saying is that I'd much rather see Simon Stead as a rider in the British Final as a wild card instead of the poor choice picks the BSPA put in, regardless of whether Auty was in or not due to injury. Thats just my view on it, and Sky may want to look at the same for this format next season. They pay the money for the coverage, so they should be also entitled to a say on the matter also.

It has nothing to do with Sky which 16 riders take part or how they are picked. They certainly should have no say in who rides. What ever next ,telling football teams what players should be playing or what tennis players they want in a tournament if they are going to show it live.

I thought referees had the power to exclude a rider for dangerous riding... which Scott certainly did. Whether or not the referees have the 'bottle' to do that is another question. A bit of leaning on a bend is one thing, out and out barging is another.. a lesser rider could well have lost control and gone down with serious consequences.

I hope if Bomber repays the compliment at Cardiff to pass Scott, I hope that Scott will be as gentlemanly and so gracious in accepting it... but somehow I doubt it.

I expect Refs have but you know as well as me unless a rider falls they let the race carry on if it has gone past the first two bends .....i have no doubt if Harris had gone down then Scott would have been excluded .

Judging by how Olly got away with wiping out Hart, perhaps not.

I expect Refs have but you know as well as me unless a rider falls they let the race carry on if it has gone past the first two bends .....i have no doubt if Harris had gone down then Scott would have been excluded .

I agree.,, it should have been a pretty simple decision too... Did Nicholls barging negatively impact on Harri's race by the manoeuvre, was he slowed or hindered in any way.. yes, exclude Nicholls.

Barging, clouting etc. The TV makes it seem worse than it actually was. Bomber had no issue and he should know. End of.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Barging, clouting etc. The TV makes it seem worse than it actually was.

Are you saying that what we all saw Monday night did not happen, and it was just a bit of TV CGI? or are you just trying to excuse one of your favourite riders forceful barging as acceptable? if Harris had come off and been badly injured, would you still be spouting the same rubbish that the crash happened, but the TV made it seem worse?

I think Custer Mouse has summed Bridger up perfectly.....he's comfortably the most talented motorcyclist we have in British Speedway but most of the time hasn't got the first idea how to ride four smooth or tactical laps and as such doesn't score anywhere near as many points as he should. His career really ought to have followed a similar path to Darcy's as I believe he's just as talented on the bike but the difference is that Ward knows how to race speedway. As for comparing the Dryml Lonigo incident to Monday night, chalk and cheese for me. Dryml's move whether intentional or not was very naughty, whereas Scott's was robust at worst and absolutely necessary on a track which by then only had one line round the inside.

Does anyone agree that this was Tai's best perfomance for some time and that it may just be that nursing his injury made him settle on the bike and keep it as smooth as possible ? Any coincidence that this approach made him faster ?

:unsure:

may be anybody have links for photos from final?

Edited by Gray

Are you saying that what we all saw Monday night did not happen, and it was just a bit of TV CGI? or are you just trying to excuse one of your favourite riders forceful barging as acceptable? if Harris had come off and been badly injured, would you still be spouting the same rubbish that the crash happened, but the TV made it seem worse?

You don't know me so don't pretend you do. :angry: Forum etiquette is not to attack the poster. My words were quite clear - sorry that you did not understand what I said.

Does anyone agree that this was Tai's best perfomance for some time and that it may just be that nursing his injury made him settle on the bike and keep it as smooth as possible ? Any coincidence that this approach made him faster ?

:unsure:

Yes, I think it was. Kelvin did make that comment about him having to be still/braced at the start and he certainly made good starts.

I'm amazed that we've had over twenty pages on this and yet no-one's even commented on the main issue arising from the Final - does anyone else like Charlie's new hairdo? :wub: