British Speedway Forum
youngy105

Sell Or Share Your Memorabilia

Depends what date...

Craig Watson was No.1 but he missed a lot of that season

Thanks. I'd presume they'd use the same race jacket throughout the season.

Have an oil painting done in 1975 of my fav rider back then "Steve Wilcock of Bradford" ...complete with his turquoise leathers!! and have a tyre rubbing of his back wheel too.How sad am I??

Lots of programmes also and autographs..including programme from Poole when Sweden rode there in 2nd test back in 1974 19th June with I think Tommy Janssons autograph among most of the Swedish team too.

Nice memories

got my racejackets .. 1986 Canterbury, 1987 Canterbury (with 'Steve' on the back), 1988 Exeter, 1989 Exeter, 1989 Exeter Express & Echo Rangers, 1990 Exeter, 1990 Exeter Express & Echo Rangers.

got 3 unique scrapbooks from seasons 1946 & 1947 for sale if anyone is interested >> pictures HERE

I had to check then Davis, just to see if it was any of the memorabilia you used to 'collect' after Oxford meetings biggrin.gificon_smile_tongue.gif

Im pretty sure theres rules and regs to prevent that kinda thing being sold to the public :wink:

As memorabillia goes connected to speedway, I have one item that beats all those posted so far.

Roughly 25 years ago, my sister found an Autograph book in an Antique shop somewhere around the South, possibly near Tring.

Leather bound, hand drawn art work very well done on some pages, poems and friendship wall, it also contains a large number of autographs from the pioneers of the sport in what the original owner has listed as England v Australia on most pages from August 20th 1928.

There is the odd none Aussie or English rider included, but this was obviously done at one of the first ever meetings over here and possibly the first ever International meeting ever held.

Autographs inside include ...

Billy Lamont (Cyclone)

Spouts Elder

Vic Huxley

Larry Coffy ?

Beu Unwin

Gus Khan

Reg Pointer

J Bishop

Noel Johnson

Charles Bellereus ?

Jim Stevens

Colin Watson

Bill Allen ?

Paul Selbutt ? ?

Frank Austin

Jim "Smiling" Kemposile ?

? = hard to work out spelling from signature

I still have the race jacket that Peter Carr wore at his final ever meeting. It was Alan Mogridge's testimonial, and it is signed by PC himself.

I had the boots Niels Kristian Iversen was wearing when he won the GP challenge in 2007/8, sold them just before Christmas as they were just gathering dust.

i have about thirty london clubs race jackets in my collection. these include lloyd goffe's 1940's harringay, richard greer's 1976 white city, kelvin tatum's 1996 london lions and an ultra rare west ham bombers jacket from 1972. :)

I have a collection of mainly replica autographed race jackets. I've had them made up, because the nature of the collection would be otherwise impossible. I never try and pass them off other than what they are. I decided to collect World Individual Champions only, and with the help of friends for some of the overseas ones, I have Freddie Williams, Ronnie Moore, Ove Fundin, Barry Briggs, Ivan Mauger, Ole Olsen, Jerzy Szczakiel, Anders Michanek, Peter Collins, Michael Lee, Bruce Penhall, Egon Muller, Erik Gundersen, Hans Nielsen, Jan O Pedersen, Gary Havelock, Sam Ermolenko, Tony Rickardsson, Billy Hamill, Greg Hancock,Mark Loram, Nicki Pedersen, Jason Crump and Tomasz Gollob. Getting some has involved a lot of travelling, and stays in hotels.

I have had the chance to get a couple of runners-up that couldn't be missed, namely Split Waterman, Igor Plechanov, and because of my location and local interest when I display them, Brian Crutcher and Malcolm Simmons. The only post war living Champs that I am missing are Bjorn Knutsson and Per Jonsson. You can view them at www.classicspeedway.co.uk If you click on "Galleries", and then "Race Jackets", a slideshow will start. Where possible and convenient, I have asked the riders to be photographed with the signed race jackets, which authenticates the signature.

I am also lucky enough to have a collection of machinery that I look after and display now and then. All post war, 1952 JAP, that I loaned to the Guggenheim exhibition at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas in 2001/2, 1972 2-valve Jawa, 1978 Weslake, 1992 Godden (Craig Boyce), and laydowns of Leigh Adams, Antonio Lindback, Tony Rickardsson, Jason Crump, and finally Emil Sayfutdinov's GP machine from last year. Again, these can be seen on www.classicspeedway.co.uk Click "Galleries" then "Member's Bikes".

Tim.

I have a few items which ive obtained over the last 20yrs or so (well the wifes not thrown them out yet!!! :wink: ).

Belle Vue No 2 race jacket worn by Louis Carr, Shawn Moran signed Sheffield race jacket and a 1989 Bv jacket. Kelly Morans STP cap(that he gave to me as a kid :D ). Must admit i wouldnt sell any of it.

i have an original 'speedway news' dated 15th august 1930(volume 3 no.19)

Do you still have these items Kaiser?

I have a few items which ive obtained over the last 20yrs or so (well the wifes not thrown them out yet!!! http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/icon_smile_wink.gif ).

Belle Vue No 2 race jacket worn by Louis Carr, Shawn Moran signed Sheffield race jacket and a 1989 Bv jacket. Kelly Morans STP cap(that he gave to me as a kid http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/biggrin.gif ). Must admit i wouldnt sell any of it.