British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cometsfan2k4

Nathan Greaves & Robert Lambert

I will be honest in saying that I have never watched under 16s racing before. Of course I support the development, but I have just never had the opportunity to go and watch.

However yesterday at Scunthorpe, watching the pre meeting races of the under 16s I couldn't help but notice these two young lads, Robert Lambert and Nathan Greaves and be left in awe of their ability at such a young age. Looking at the programme they are both only 13 right? Amazing!

I am wondering about what opportunities they have for regular track time and when they are able to be part of a team set up? Like I said, I don't know an awful lot about the young side of the sport. Of course they have the under-15s championship which is great! When are the rounds of this, and does anyone know if Workington (Northside) have a round again this year? I now wish I had gone last year as it seems I missed some great racing. Personally thought their racing was better yesterday than some of their senior peers.

I also saw a young lad ride at Sheffield on Thursday - who impressed me, can anyone tell me who he is ? And how long he has been riding as never seen him before as I would like to keep an eye on him in the future

I also saw a young lad ride at Sheffield on Thursday - who impressed me, can anyone tell me who he is ? And how long he has been riding as never seen him before as I would like to keep an eye on him in the future

Max Clegg?

I saw Robert Lambert at Peterborough either last year or he year before now and was immensely impressed. He crashed but the way he went about it impressed me. He threw the bike into the bend, pick up and lost control, fought the bike got it back under control again but was by now in the dirt and unfortunatly exiting the bend he flipped off the back. From what I saw in his lap and a half in that race I was WOW'd.

No not max, as I have seen him ride nearly every Thursday and definitely wasn't him - this lad seemed quicker

Give us a clue then!! What colour kevlars etc .

Think they were Orange and black like wolves and a black and Orange bike can't tell you much more than that except reg Wilson was with him in the pits

I will be honest in saying that I have never watched under 16s racing before. Of course I support the development, but I have just never had the opportunity to go and watch.

However yesterday at Scunthorpe, watching the pre meeting races of the under 16s I couldn't help but notice these two young lads, Robert Lambert and Nathan Greaves and be left in awe of their ability at such a young age. Looking at the programme they are both only 13 right? Amazing!

I am wondering about what opportunities they have for regular track time and when they are able to be part of a team set up? Like I said, I don't know an awful lot about the young side of the sport. Of course they have the under-15s championship which is great! When are the rounds of this, and does anyone know if Workington (Northside) have a round again this year? I now wish I had gone last year as it seems I missed some great racing. Personally thought their racing was better yesterday than some of their senior peers.

This is one of the problems in speedway,If a rider is in the EL or Pl he has got to be good any other rider below is a nobody.NL /under 15 s produces as good if not better racing than EL/PL because the youngster are raw and go where angels fear to tread.I prefer NL U 15s because of the unpredictability of it.Many ofthe young riders give far more commitment to their racing for very little or no money.It saddens me that so many so called "fans"belittle Nl/Second half racing.Where are our Kennetts,Harrises and barkers going to come from if ALL fans start to support and watch the youngsters.

This is one of the problems in speedway,If a rider is in the EL or Pl he has got to be good any other rider below is a nobody.NL /under 15 s produces as good if not better racing than EL/PL because the youngster are raw and go where angels fear to tread.I prefer NL U 15s because of the unpredictability of it.Many ofthe young riders give far more commitment to their racing for very little or no money.It saddens me that so many so called "fans"belittle Nl/Second half racing.Where are our Kennetts,Harrises and barkers going to come from if ALL fans start to support and watch the youngsters.

It is like I am saying, I would like to see more as the racing was tasty! However, where can I find out the calander for the U 15s this season or has it not been released yet?

It is like I am saying, I would like to see more as the racing was tasty! However, where can I find out the calander for the U 15s this season or has it not been released yet?

Not released yet. was discussing with Wizzer at Scunthorpe yesterday where we have the rounds this year.

If Wizzer could sort it we could arrange something in the off season in NZ with our U15 riders

Think they were Orange and black like wolves and a black and Orange bike can't tell you much more than that except reg Wilson was with him in the pits

His names is Josh Bates from Barnsley, he has been riding a year as now and that was his first time around Sheffield,

is robert lambert simons brother

is robert lambert simons brother

I don't think they are related.Certainly a prospect for the future.I could be wrong but i think at 1 point he has been Mildenhall's mascot.

His names is Josh Bates from Barnsley, he has been riding a year as now and that was his first time around Sheffield,

Do you know how old he is? He looks very impressive, even more so if he has only just started riding the Sheffield track :)

hi comets fan

just wanted to say thank you for your comments. i am nathan greaves, you saw me ride at scunthorpe with robert lambert. perhaps we will meet and chat at a future meeting.