British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cometsfan2k4

Nathan Greaves & Robert Lambert

Think they were Orange and black like wolves and a black and Orange bike can't tell you much more than that except reg Wilson was with him in the pits

the name you are looking for is Nathan Greaves and the other lad going round was Reece Downes

is robert lambert simons brother

They are definitely not related, i know Roberts family.

the name you are looking for is Nathan Greaves and the other lad going round was Reece Downes

The lad who rode at press and practice day was Josh Bates it his first ride around sheffield he is 15 years old and will be riding again very shortly,

Also a young lad to keep an eye on is 14 year old Nathan Stoneman he intends to sign for somerset on his 16th birthday, He is the son of former 1000cc side car passenger Phil Stoneman who lost a leg after an accident in kent a few years ago.

He started to ride a 500cc bike at the end of last season and has improved 100% in such a short time, He is in total control of his bike and last friday in practice his time was not far behind the times of the reserve race in the meeting until he blew his second engine in two weeks.

I think people should make a note of this lads name because I feel that when he comes of age he will take British Speedway by storm.

You never know we could see in the future Nathan Greaves, Robert Lambert or Nathan Stoneman crowned as the next english world champion

Edited by Falconreble

I saw Robert Lambert at Weymouth (last year I think), there was only two of them racing and he stood out as something special (even compared to his older counterparts in the regular meeting). I think it was the way he controlled the bike in and out of the bends (yet not losing speed but gaining it) that caught my eye.

Hopefully he'll progress to a full time position within the sport - I'd hate to imagine all that talent going to waste.

Its Great to see such positive feedback on the young lads.

I'm Positive GB will have riders coming through in the not to distant future that can become big names in the world of Speedway.

If you do get chance to come along to a round of the British Youth Championships then your in for a treat!!

Regards

Phil Morris

Robert, Nathan and Max Clegg put on the best race of the day yesterday at Scunthorpe (of the ones I saw). Clegg and Greaves passed and re-passed, then Clegg passed Lambert for the lead, then Greaves took second from Lambert.

All 3 look to have big futures in the sport if given the right backing and not given too much to do too early.

I saw Robert Lambert at Weymouth (last year I think), there was only two of them racing and he stood out as something special (even compared to his older counterparts in the regular meeting). I think it was the way he controlled the bike in and out of the bends (yet not losing speed but gaining it) that caught my eye.

Hopefully he'll progress to a full time position within the sport - I'd hate to imagine all that talent going to waste.

yes robert lambert was in control and quite quick at weymouth,but any body can be quick on a track that they practice on for a week,as he hires the majority of the tracks a week or so before he rides them,as he cant just turn up and ride a track like all the other lads.

yes robert lambert was in control and quite quick at weymouth,but any body can be quick on a track that they practice on for a week,as he hires the majority of the tracks a week or so before he rides them,as he cant just turn up and ride a track like all the other lads.

I'm sure he hired Scunthorpe while they were preparing for the Ben Fund. He blitzed the junior races. No hidden agenda in your post at all :rolleyes:

I'm sure he hired Scunthorpe while they were preparing for the Ben Fund. He blitzed the junior races. No hidden agenda in your post at all :rolleyes:

I can asure you that he did NOT hire Scunthorpe track before the Ben Fund Meeting, He did NOT hire Weymouth, as i can remember he had a practise after the meeting at Weymouth the week before and he wasnt the only one there practising. His parents take him to Open Practise Sessions to which ANYONE can Attend. Whats wrong with that? Thats what these young lads want TRACK TIME. The more track time they get the better they will improve. It seems to me that you are jealous of Robert Lambert.

I can asure you that he did NOT hire Scunthorpe track before the Ben Fund Meeting, He did NOT hire Weymouth, as i can remember he had a practise after the meeting at Weymouth the week before and he wasnt the only one there practising. His parents take him to Open Practise Sessions to which ANYONE can Attend. Whats wrong with that? Thats what these young lads want TRACK TIME. The more track time they get the better they will improve. It seems to me that you are jealous of Robert Lambert.

Just to clarify, I was saying he hadn't hired the Scunny track :)

Attended the BSPA Youth U16 training day at Buxton on Wednesday. Riding was from 10.00am till 3.00pm and about 25 kids attended. Most impresssed with everything that happened during the day. Neil Vatcher was the day organiser, and the coaching was carried out by Havvy and Steady. Riders were on vastly different machines from 125cc Lifan like engines, to full 500 Jawa and Gm's. All riders went out for warm up laps and then under the tutelage of the coaches, and I can say that there was good progress made by most riders. Obviously some riders got more rides than others but it was a big field and difficult for Neil to control operating the gate and calling in the riders. Very impressed at the attitude and camaraderie between the lads who obviously knew each other, and talked and helped each other whenever they could. A rider would come in and enter his pits area, and the nearest lad would be there with the stand and spraying the chains. I thought it was a terrific advert for up and coming British youth, and these lads will form the basis of future British stars, I kid you not. We might all(including me) call the BSPA for not doing enough for our future prospects in future World Speedway, but what I saw on Wednesday makes me a lot more confident than when I first entered the stadium.

Please, more of these sessions with possibly less per day, but carried over to a second day. I look forward to following this years U16 championships with anticipation. Thanks to Neil for his efforts on the day, Havvy and Steady, and to Phil and the BSPA for organising the whole show with Buxton Speedway. Money well spent I would say. :approve:

I haven't seen Nathan ride but I have Robert. He rode a four lap demonstration at Rye House on Spring Bank Holiday Monday. It was from the tapes and, beforehand, I was expecting the usual performance ie., slow into the bends then winding the throttle when at the apex. Not a bit of it. He kept it wound on for the whole four laps recording a time under 60 seconds and within a second of some of the heats during the main match, this only after a few weeks riding a 500cc bike.

Last Monday we were treated to some more laps from this most accomplished of young riders. He joined Chris Neath and Ritchie Hawkins (I think) for some practice laps during the second-half junior match. This time all three started from different parts of the track but what was, also, amazing that neither of the PL riders were making up any ground on him. He came out on his own for a few laps later with the same assurance with no evidence of scrubbing off the speed going into the bends and wheels perfectly in line coming out. I reckon he would have given some riders a run for their money during last night's NL Championship.