Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cometsfan2k4

Nathan Greaves & Robert Lambert

I haven't seen Nathan ride but I have Robert. He rode a four lap demonstration at Rye House on Spring Bank Holiday Monday. It was from the tapes and, beforehand, I was expecting the usual performance ie., slow into the bends then winding the throttle when at the apex. Not a bit of it. He kept it wound on for the whole four laps recording a time under 60 seconds and within a second of some of the heats during the main match, this only after a few weeks riding a 500cc bike.

Last Monday we were treated to some more laps from this most accomplished of young riders. He joined Chris Neath and Ritchie Hawkins (I think) for some practice laps during the second-half junior match. This time all three started from different parts of the track but what was, also, amazing that neither of the PL riders were making up any ground on him. He came out on his own for a few laps later with the same assurance with no evidence of scrubbing off the speed going into the bends and wheels perfectly in line coming out. I reckon he would have given some riders a run for their money during last night's NL Championship.

I have seen Robert Lambert a few times and at such a young age he looks the real deal. His times at Rye House are only about a second outside the normal PL times(sub 59 secs) and faster than many in the NL. He looks really tidy and very well turned out. Shame that a decent thread started by cometsfan was hijacked but then this is the speedway forum i suppose.

Here is Robert in action Robert Lambert has a practice during the Rye House v Plymouth Sept 18th 2011

Apparently Robert was in Germany over the weekend training with the various German squads and caught the eye of ex World Champ Egon Müller who seems to be contemplating helping him out....

video on his facebook page, Robert's that is

This is one of the problems in speedway,If a rider is in the EL or Pl he has got to be good any other rider below is a nobody.NL /under 15 s produces as good if not better racing than EL/PL because the youngster are raw and go where angels fear to tread.I prefer NL U 15s because of the unpredictability of it.Many ofthe young riders give far more commitment to their racing for very little or no money.It saddens me that so many so called "fans"belittle Nl/Second half racing.Where are our Kennetts,Harrises and barkers going to come from if ALL fans start to support and watch the youngsters.

I am puzzled as to why anyone should want to be a speedway rider these days.

No matter how good you may be, one day because of the average limitations on clubs, there is a god chance that you could be forced out of the sport because your average is too high and replaced by a rider of lesser ability because his average suits what is needed?

Edited by speedyguy

You have it bang on the head. What a sport that forces better riders to sit on the sidelines and someone of a lesser (av) takes there place.

Heard Robert won the U21 competition in Moorwinkelsdamm yesterday against quite experienced opposition.Well done.Seems he has entered the German Championship comp with a German licence for more experience.

Do you know how old he is? He looks very impressive, even more so if he has only just started riding the Sheffield track smile.gif

15 i think, he rides for Mildenhall in the National league :D

Really big test for Robert coming up at Norden.Coming up against a very tough international line-up.Looking forward to seeing how he does in this one

http://www.speedway....rden/index.html

It appears young Lambert finished second in this meeting and took the scalps of Smolinski, Zabik, Kroner and one or two others on the way. Pretty amazing performance :t:

• Like 1

Yes,i was amazed to see that result.Unfortunately i was at a big meeting on the other side of Germany and have still to see Robert live.To beat the riders he did takes some doing.Respect.Just have to hope he doesn't go the way of Zabik for instance,who was a rider a few on here were tipping as a future World Champ a few years back.......Early days,but it is looking very good atm

• Like 2

Next week on what is yet another blooming Bank Holiday down south that we don't get, Robert gets his chance for revenge against Smoli.Won't beeasy as it is Smoli's home track and what looks like an even better line-up than in Norden.Good luck though

http://www.speedway....hing/index.html

Edited by iris123

Robert was at Rye House on Monday - i only saw him complete half a lap between PL and NL meeting, did he come out later, after the NL match? any views? he certainly looked useful before sliding off, and frustrated when he did so - we couldn't stay through the NL meet and wondered if he came out afterwards...can anyone provide update?

Robert was at Rye House on Monday - i only saw him complete half a lap between PL and NL meeting, did he come out later, after the NL match? any views? he certainly looked useful before sliding off, and frustrated when he did so - we couldn't stay through the NL meet and wondered if he came out afterwards...can anyone provide update?

He came out a couple of times later on and normal service was resumed - smooth and fast as usual.

Did they give out any times for when he came out later? really disappointed to miss him, anyone know when and where he might be riding in the UK this month?