British Youth Championship Schedule

BRITISH YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE

1. Newport – Sunday May 15, 3pm

2. Buxton – Sunday June 12, 3pm

3. Plymouth – Saturday August 6, 1pm

4. Isle of Wight – Thursday August 18, 7pm

5. Sittingbourne – Sunday September 11, 3pm

6. Stoke – Sunday September 25, 3pm

After posting the other day about two young lads I saw at Scunny at the weekend, I am disappointed that Workington (Northside) havent got a stage of the championship like they did last year, as I was really looking forward to seeing them again. All Southern tracks isnt great from the organisers...

BRITISH YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE

1. Newport – Sunday May 15, 3pm

2. Buxton – Sunday June 12, 3pm

3. Plymouth – Saturday August 6, 1pm

4. Isle of Wight – Thursday August 18, 7pm

5. Sittingbourne – Sunday September 11, 3pm

6. Stoke – Sunday September 25, 3pm

all southern tracks, no thought for anyone living above stoke :(

Strewth! :angry: Not so long back on this forum people were moaning like Billy-oh that nothing was being done with regard to developing future talent and now the BSPA, in conjunction with Phil & Neil, both of whom are very committed to the cause, ARE doing something, people are STILL moaning! :rolleyes:

In terms of venues firstly stadium / date availability would obviously be a major factor and secondly, from the schedule published five out of the six rounds will be staged at weekends whilst the other, on the Isle of Wight, is smack in the middle of the schools summer holidays. Surely that ALL makes sense? :rolleyes:

Interesting to see Sittingbourne back on the calender... been a few years, presuming it is Iwade and not central park (after all Central Park want to run open meetings this season so who knows :unsure: )

The championship is open to any UK rider under 16 years of age.

For any new riders out there who would like to be involved in the Youth championship please email

younglionsspeedway@hotmail.co.uk

And we will be more than happy to fit you into the championship.

125cc support class

250cc British championship

500cc British championship

ROUND 1 Newport Speedway 3pm Sunday 15th May

ROUND 2 Buxton speedway 3pm Sunday 12th June

ROUND 3 Plymouth Speedway 1pm Saturday 6th August

ROUND 4 Isle of White speedway 7pm Thursday 18th August

ROUND 5 Sittingbourne speedway 3pm Sunday 11th September

ROUND 6 Stoke Speedway 3pm Sunday 25th September

Strewth! :angry: Not so long back on this forum people were moaning like Billy-oh that nothing was being done with regard to developing future talent and now the BSPA, in conjunction with Phil & Neil, both of whom are very committed to the cause, ARE doing something, people are STILL moaning! :rolleyes:

In terms of venues firstly stadium / date availability would obviously be a major factor and secondly, from the schedule published five out of the six rounds will be staged at weekends whilst the other, on the Isle of Wight, is smack in the middle of the schools summer holidays. Surely that ALL makes sense? :rolleyes:

I totally agree,Bryn.2or3 years ago it was very "last minute"organisation.It great to see someone looking out for the youngsters

Parents can organise their selves well in advance this year.Give your selves a pat on the back for getting it right this time!!

After posting the other day about two young lads I saw at Scunny at the weekend, I am disappointed that Workington (Northside) havent got a stage of the championship like they did last year, as I was really looking forward to seeing them again. All Southern tracks isnt great from the organisers...

have to agree as i was looking forward to the under 16,s 125 class at workington as it was on our door step as we live at workington but..............

the choice of tracks is really good so south coast here we come

Very easy to be critical but I too am surprised that Northside hasn't got a round.

They did a terrific job last year and deserve it.

Touch wood I'll be able to make at least 3 of the meetings :)

Northside were offered a round in 2011.

Unfortunately they decided against having one

Regards

Phil Morris/ Neil Vatcher

Northside were offered a round in 2011.

Unfortunately they decided against having one

Regards

Phil Morris/ Neil Vatcher

That's a shame but many thanks for the clarification Phil.