British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vicar

Old Silencers In Poland!

so what is the source and which tracks(s) is it.

I can't name my source as I was told the exact details in confidence ( similar to Mr Shovlar in the EL sections.... :D ), but I have no reason whatsoever to dispute their thoughts.

I can't name my source as I was told the exact details in confidence ( similar to Mr Shovlar in the EL sections.... :D ), but I have no reason whatsoever to dispute their thoughts.

but you can still say which tracks(s) that are having noise issues.

but you can still say which tracks(s) that are having noise issues.

Sorry, I can't. I won't break a confidence

Sorry, I can't. I won't break a confidence

the question is though, since it apparently is such big secret, why did you post the info here in the first place?

By doing that you've already partially broken the confidence.

The question is also why he would tell you about it and why it would be such a big secret which tracks that have noise issues?

the question is though, since it apparently is such big secret, why did you post the info here in the first place?

By doing that you've already partially broken the confidence.

The question is also why he would tell you about it and why it would be such a big secret which tracks that have noise issues?

Not sure if you have access to the Speedway Star, but there is a statement in this weeks

issue from SVEMO, who state that there are Swedish clubs that have closed due to noise

issues and others are at risk. This why the new silencers have been introduced into Swedish

speedway, according to the same source.

I'm only passing on the information as read in the Speedway Star, so don't shoot the messenger.

It's bad news for the sport that Poland are sticking with old silencers. Simple as that.

Come on, don't tell me they are so loud that racing in Zielona Góra or Gorzów can be heard on the suburbs of Birmingham or Coventry and still disturb those poor, tired people :(

Come on, don't tell me they are so loud that racing in Zielona Góra or Gorzów can be heard on the suburbs of Birmingham or Coventry and still disturb those poor, tired people :(

Now you are being silly

....Gdańsk maybe icon_smile_tongue.gif

Now you are being silly

....Gdańsk maybe icon_smile_tongue.gif

Sh!t, forgot about Gdańsk! Old silencers used in Gdańsk may be a serious threat to those cute seals in the Baltic Sea and all elks in Swedish forests :unsure:

Edited by Mateusz

Old silencers used in Gdańsk may be a serious threat to those cute seals in the Baltic Sea and all elks in Swedish forests

Ah, finally you start to see the real problems ! You might have these people on to you very soon wink.gif

Fredrik Lindgren finds the "juggling silencers" situation "absurd":

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=pl&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/04/06/fredrik-lindgren-zonglowanie-tlumikami-absurd/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsportowefakty%2Bzuzel%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1G1TSEA_ENUK335%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhUWyvmGoDk3c3c1K9XR3PcRlpmUg

He does have a point (just not too many more points on the track) and an excellent excuse for his usual poor showings in the Ekstraliga.

I think this will be a one season wonder. Soon engine tuners will work out how to get the same performance from the new silencers and the riders will use them everywhere. The Polish lads will all be using them more often than not anyway, as they ride in Sweden, UK, etc and if Gollob, Hampel et al find themselves at a disadvantage in the GP's to the others, then the old silencers will stop being used in Poland pretty quick.

I have to say, i couldnt hear much difference when at Belle Vue this season. The racing is marginally slower, so what? The racing is just as good, plenty of overtaking inside and out.