British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DEEG

Fen Tigers New Signings

i still cant work out how Heeps is allowed to ride in the NL at his age being born in Australia

I'm curious too I admit. What are the exact changes/rules agreed for the NL, particularly relating to foreign riders i.e. Australians? I thought I'd heard they weren't going to be in NL teams? I've not seen the rules/announcements published following the NL AGM, unless I missed them..

Cameron Heeps has got British Grandparents, so should qualify on 3.00

What's the rules concerning someone who is under 17 essentially a kid.

All that covers is your right to work live in this country if your over 17.

I doubt anyone who is under 16 and is a rider is classified as an employee under UK law.

Edited by shirlmeister general

Cameron Heeps has got British Grandparents, so should qualify on 3.00

if that the case he needs to claim Patriality i think, which,according to the link to the Borders agency website you have to be 17 years old

if that the case he needs to claim Patriality i think, which,according to the link to the Borders agency website you have to be 17 years old

That's to do with working/living in the UK, I'm not sure as he is 15 that would be applicable.

I think the move by the Mildenhall promoters to off load Oliver Rayson, is a very good move. He will never make the grade above a national league reserve/2nd string, as he has a very awkward style that will hold him back :( Whereas Halsey and Blackbird are a different kettle of fish and might well progress into the Witches side sometime in the future :D So good luck to the 2 new lads and welcome aboard the happy :D ship that is Mildenhall Fen Tigers :D

I think the move by the Mildenhall promoters to off load Oliver Rayson, is a very good move. He will never make the grade above a national league reserve/2nd string, as he has a very awkward style that will hold him back :( Whereas Halsey and Blackbird are a different kettle of fish and might well progress into the Witches side sometime in the future :D So good luck to the 2 new lads and welcome aboard the happy :D ship that is Mildenhall Fen Tigers :D

I doubt many would agree with your assessment. Oli is an outstanding prospect.

I doubt many would agree with your assessment. Oli is an outstanding prospect.

I for one don't agree. Rayson showed real talent at Mildenhall last season and was improving week on week. Dropping him was a bad move in my opinion particularly after he had been presented to the fans as a tigers rider already.

That's to do with working/living in the UK, I'm not sure as he is 15 that would be applicable.

thats a good point SG but i think that if he was here riding it maybe classed as working/living in the uk but im not sure though

If someone is born in a c`wealth country like Australia,with british parent/grand parent does that instantly make them dual passport holders??

No disrespect to Jack Hargreaves but I would have rather have seen the team look like this, if it had ever been possible -

Brundle

Evans

Jacobs

Halsey

Rayson

Heeps

Blackbird

That team would be seriously challenging, as will the existing team I am sure if Jack can produce the quality racing that he is no doubt capable of. I cant really get the last time he rode at MIldenhall out of my head though!

thats a good point SG but i think that if he was here riding it maybe classed as working/living in the uk but im not sure though

If someone is born in a c`wealth country like Australia,with british parent/grand parent does that instantly make them dual passport holders??

There is a big section on british citizenship & a section for applying for it if under 18, theres a lot more criteria governing this area as a raft of ammendments have been made to the original relevant legislation.

My understanding with regards to citizenship is that it would automatically be passed on one generation if born abroad (by descent).

Then anybody subsequently born abroad below the age of 18 can apply for british citzenship,under certain specific criteria. They would subsequently have to re-apply as an adult.

Think its most likely application was made this way rather than through work/living visa. (which they can also apply for if they have british ancestry, but i think that is if they havent applied for british citizenship)

Edited by shirlmeister general

well you got your wish.olly out of mildenhall with his awkward style.

dumped by mldenhall.

makes you wonder if its worth all the effort? as you can tell i am ollies father so i find your criticism a bit much.

well you got your wish.olly out of mildenhall with his awkward style.

dumped by mldenhall.

makes you wonder if its worth all the effort? as you can tell i am ollies father so i find your criticism a bit much. Post moderated

Im sorry if Ive offended you Ollies dad :unsure: but Im speaking as a Mildenhall speedway fan and not as a father. My opinion is based on exactly what Ive witnessed on the track and in my opinion Ollie is a nice lad with an awkward style. The 2 riders brought in (in my humble opinion) are better and more likely to make the progress needed to step up. Obviously you wont agree but would not have expected anything else from his dad