British Speedway Forum
BrizHeathen

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to everyone associated with our great sport.

This time of year always reminds me of my childhood, where I would rush to the local papershop desperate for a copy of Speedway Star, I would scan furiously looking for results of test matches in Australia.

These days things are much more sedate in this part of the world, after David Tapp's brief flirtation with the importation of World class riders, I am saddened to say that this great sport isn't making the progress it should, lets all keep our fingers crossed that one day the sport will once again attract huge crowds worldwide.

Bring back the days of a full on British Lions tour, where the current day versions of Nigel Boocock and Peter Collins can battle it out with the locals.

Cheers everyone.

just like to say merry christmas to all forum members.

have been in aussie land for 9 months now and have really got withdrawal symptoms!!!

havn't had a chance to take in any aussie meetings yet but hope to get to bibra lake in the near future. unfortunatly not many places do solos over west. maybe someone could let me know when the next meeting is???